• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Layered Salads in a Trifle Bowl?

In summary, the conversation is about using a trifle bowl to showcase layered salads. Some suggested recipes include Southwestern Salad, Autumn Fruit Salad, Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, Jerk Chicken Salad, Cobb Salad, Cornbread Salad, Taco Salad, Chef's Salad, and Seven Layer Salad. The group discusses how to layer the salads and handle the dressing, with suggestions to serve it on the side. The conversation also mentions using a small bowl caddy to hold multiple dressings. One person shares a recipe for Southwestern Salad that includes a cream cheese mixture and another person suggests layering a TDTD (Tangy Dill Tuna Dip). The conversation ends with someone requesting the recipe for Colossal Chopped Salad, which was successfully displayed
spoiledchef
Okay, finding dessert trifle recipes isn't that tough. But -- I'm wanting to showcase the versatility of the trifle bowl by demoing layered salads as well. Can any of you share recipes or point me in the right direction? I prefer to use PC recipes, but if they don't have any, then I'll go elsewhere. TIA

Maybe try the Southwestern Salad and layer the ingredients rather than tossing it?

Autumn fruit salad?
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad?

Basically, anything you would toss, could probably be layered, when the scoop it out of the bowl it then gets "tossed".

The tri-fold folder you got in your changeover kit talks about making the Jerk Chicken Salad in layers in the Trifle Bowl. Also, a Cobb Salad would be good. I also found a fruit salad that is meant to be layered - I'll see if I can find the magazine page and I'll post it here.

cornbread salad
southwest salad
caesar salad with grilled chicken (layer the croutons, & chicken between the romaine)
jello knox blox in different flavors with cool whip layers
taco salad
chefs salad

So, what do you do with the dressing in the ones that call for it? Do you just toss it on the salad, and not worry about it getting all mixed in with everything? If that's the case, then the Harvest Chicken Salad would be beautiful I think with all the colors. I guess my biggest concern is with how to handle the dressing. Any ideas on that? And -- any and all recipes are GREAT! Are the ones posted PC ones or not?

spoiledchef said:
So, what do you do with the dressing in the ones that call for it? Do you just toss it on the salad, and not worry about it getting all mixed in with everything? If that's the case, then the Harvest Chicken Salad would be beautiful I think with all the colors. I guess my biggest concern is with how to handle the dressing. Any ideas on that? And -- any and all recipes are GREAT! Are the ones posted PC ones or not?

I would serve it on the side with a SA bowl. :)
Maybe use the small bowl caddy and give two dressing options.

janetupnorth said:
I would serve it on the side with a SA bowl. :)
Maybe use the small bowl caddy and give two dressing options.

I agree with the dressings on the side...in the Measure Mix and Pour or the small bowl caddy.....I wish that we had nice little ladles!!

cmdtrgd said:
The tri-fold folder you got in your changeover kit talks about making the Jerk Chicken Salad in layers in the Trifle Bowl. Also, a Cobb Salad would be good. I also found a fruit salad that is meant to be layered - I'll see if I can find the magazine page and I'll post it here.
THANK YOU KATE!! I didn't read my tri-fold folder and thought I was GENIOUS (sp? LOL so much for genious!) for wanting to do the salad in the trifle for my meeting tonight. I'll have to pull out the folder and figure out how the experts say to do it...

I would put the dressing in SA bowls or MMP
I keep hoping for a "stand" caddy that holds 4 of the SA bowls

Southwestern Salad Recipe

1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilis)
8 oz sour cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 tsp cumin
1 clove garlic
(I sometimes add an avocado, & dry Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch dressing)Mix in blender refrigerate overnight

romaine lettuce
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can whole kernal corn
1 avocado chopped
4 oz jar pimentos
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can black olives
1 small diced red onion
2 medium tomatoes cut in wedges

I'll post cornbread salad recipe tomorrow
Off to start dance carpool

do you think it would be possible to layer the TDTD? in the trifle bowl? just premake the main mixture then top with the additional mixture?

Can you explain how you layer the Southwestern Salad and where the cream cheese mixture comes into play? TIA

In regards to the dressing, I have a 7 Layer Salad that I have made 3 times since getting my trifle bowl. I have just put the dressing over the top evenly and it kindof just sunk through the layers. Also, when you go to serve it, you scoop down through the layers so it has the dressing over all of it.

Colossal Chopped SaladI just did a cooking show today and fixed the Colossal Chopped Salad using the Trifle Bowl to display it. It was beautiful! :).

Kelly -- would you post the recipe please? TIA

1. How do I create a layered salad in a trifle bowl?

To create a layered salad in a trifle bowl, start by layering your ingredients in the following order: dressing, hearty vegetables (such as cucumbers or bell peppers), leafy greens, protein (such as chicken or beans), and toppings (such as cheese or croutons). Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the bowl, ending with toppings for a visually appealing presentation. Make sure to evenly distribute each layer and press down gently to create a compact and sturdy salad.

2. Can I make a layered salad in advance?

Yes, you can make a layered salad in advance. However, it is best to add the dressing just before serving to prevent the ingredients from becoming soggy. You can also cover the trifle bowl with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.

3. Can I use any type of dressing for a layered salad in a trifle bowl?

Absolutely! You can use any type of dressing that you prefer for your layered salad in a trifle bowl. Some popular options include ranch, Italian, balsamic vinaigrette, and honey mustard. Consider using a lighter dressing to avoid weighing down the layers of the salad.

4. Can I customize the ingredients in my layered salad?

Yes, you can customize the ingredients in your layered salad to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. You can use a variety of vegetables, protein, and toppings to create a unique and delicious salad. Just make sure to keep the layers balanced and visually appealing.

5. How can I transport a layered salad in a trifle bowl?

To transport a layered salad in a trifle bowl, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and secure it with a rubber band. Then, place the bowl in a cooler or insulated bag with ice packs to keep it fresh and chilled. Make sure to keep the bowl upright during transport to avoid mixing up the layers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • 4kids4me