• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Question About the Sw 7-Layer Salad ...

In summary, the SW 7-Layer Salad requires black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, green onions, and a ranch or Southwest dressing. It only takes 15 minutes to make and can be made ahead of time, with the dressing added right before serving. This salad is suitable for vegetarians, but can also be customized by adding grilled chicken or shrimp. Substitutions can also be made, such as using kidney beans instead of black beans or adding bell peppers or jalapenos for more flavor.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
If it's in the triffle bowl I know you do 14 layers ... does this also mean you double the ingredients?

I'll be shopping tomorrow after having coffee with ex-director!

TIA!

I'm sorry Di. I can't help you on this one. Hopefully someone will know.

no--you don't buy double.

Thanks!I just found that in the files ...Another stupid question ... do you put the salsa in FIRST and do you combine with the tomatoes, or are they 2 separate layers?

I do about half of the ingredients, then layer of the dressing, then the other half and a dollip of dressing on the top. If it is a the recipe I use, I put the tomatoes around the middle of the bowl against the side.

HTH

Di_Can_Cook said:
Thanks!

I just found that in the files ...

Another stupid question ... do you put the salsa in FIRST and do you combine with the tomatoes, or are they 2 separate layers?
This is one of my favorite salads! I add the chicken, and also quite often a layer of corn.
the salsa is combined with the sour cream, and is used as a salad dressing - so it isn't combined with the tomatoes. They are 2 separate layers.

The layers (without chicken) are:

Beans
lettuce
Pepper
tomatoes
green onions
salsa/sour cream
cheese

I love this salad as well....it is yummo!!

Related to Quick Question About the Sw 7-Layer Salad ...

1. What ingredients do I need for the SW 7-Layer Salad?

The ingredients you will need for this salad are black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, green onions, and a ranch or Southwest dressing.

2. How long does it take to make the SW 7-Layer Salad?

This salad only takes about 15 minutes to make, making it a perfect quick and easy option for busy weeknights.

3. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to keep the dressing separate and add it right before serving.

4. Is this salad suitable for vegetarians?

Yes, this salad is suitable for vegetarians as it does not contain any meat products. However, you can always add in some grilled chicken or shrimp for added protein if desired.

5. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this salad?

Yes, you can definitely substitute any of the ingredients in this salad to suit your preferences. For example, you can use kidney beans instead of black beans, or add in some bell peppers or jalapenos for added flavor and spice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies