• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Margaritas in a Trifle Bowl for Mexican Party

In summary, the conversation centered around making margaritas for a Mexican themed party using a trifle bowl as a serving vessel. Multiple recipes were shared, including a Margarita Punch and Slap Your Mama Margarita, with suggestions to use a Quick Stir Pitcher for easy mixing. Concerns were raised about the amount of punch fitting in the trifle bowl and a personal anecdote about needing a margarita after a tough day at work was shared.
JennLizFran
Gold Member
Hello! I have a Mexican themed party this weekend and th host wants to try the margaritas. I don't have a Quick Stir Pitcher. I was planning on using the trifle bowl just as a centerpiece, do you think it would be ok to make the margaritas and serve them in the trifle bowl?

Re: MargaritasI think that would be cool! I think there may be a Batter Bowl Margarita recipe floating around somewhere as well- do a search for it! GL!

Re: MargaritasHmmm....That would be neat! I found a recipe using the batter bowl for a margarita fruit dessert....and a margarita punch (doesn't say how to serve it, but I think the trifle bowl would work). If someone has the margarita batter bowl recipe I'd love to see it. Thanks!

Re: MargaritasHere is a Margarita Punch recipe, and the Slap Your Mama Margarita recipe... I love the Slap Your Mama one and I'm sure that it would work just fine in a punch bowl. I would be sure to tell everyone how easy it is to mix it up in the QSP though. Maybe use the Mix n Chop or Mix n Mash to mix it up and smash up the limeade...

Margarita Punch
2 12 oz cans frozen lemonade (undiluted, thawed)
1 12 oz cans frozen limeade ( undiluted, thawed)
1 12 oz can frozen orange juice " "
2 cups water
1 2 liter bottle Sprite or 7 Up
2 cups tequila (optional)
Mix together, serve over ice!
Enjoy..........

Slap Your Mama Margaritas
2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer (no substitutes)(but I have used Budlite Lime & it was good)
Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.

Re: MargaritasWell I might just have to try both tomorrow night before my party Saturday! :)

Re: Margaritas
JennLizFran said:
Well I might just have to try both tomorrow night before my party Saturday! :)

All in the name of research! ;) Please share your results!

Re: MargaritasI have done the SLAP YO MAMMA margs and it was AMAZING, everyone loved it. Did it in the QSP tho, and the plunger is what kind of broke up the limeade concentrate... I guess if you pre-thawed the concentrate to a liquid it would be same flavors... and would prob work in the trifle.

ChefPaulaB said:
Here is a Margarita Punch recipe, and the Slap Your Mama Margarita recipe... I love the Slap Your Mama one and I'm sure that it would work just fine in a punch bowl. I would be sure to tell everyone how easy it is to mix it up in the QSP though. Maybe use the Mix n Chop or Mix n Mash to mix it up and smash up the limeade...Margarita Punch
2 12 oz cans frozen lemonade (undiluted, thawed)
1 12 oz cans frozen limeade ( undiluted, thawed)
1 12 oz can frozen orange juice " "
2 cups water
1 2 liter bottle Sprite or 7 Up
2 cups tequila (optional)
Mix together, serve over ice!
Enjoy..........Slap Your Mama Margaritas
2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer (no substitutes)(but I have used Budlite Lime & it was good)
Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.
....do you think this "punch" would all FIT in the trifle bowl...sounds like a awful lot!

Re: MargaritasI thought the same thing Cindy. I was thinking I'd half it.

cindylpal said:
....do you think this "punch" would all FIT in the trifle bowl...sounds like a awful lot!

I didn't really pay attention to the amounts, as I said I haven't tried that one, I personally would just go with the Slap Your Mama ones because I know they are excellent, but thought I'd give her a second option... I guess she'd have to check that out before hand so she doesn't overflow it...

Re: MargaritasI just had to fire someone at work.....I might need to try these tonight......

JennLizFran said:
I just had to fire someone at work.....I might need to try these tonight......

They are good for what ails ya!

1. Can I use a trifle bowl to make margaritas for a Mexican party?

Yes, a trifle bowl is a great alternative to a traditional pitcher for serving margaritas at a Mexican party. The clear glass bowl makes for a beautiful presentation and allows guests to see the colorful layers of the drink.

2. How many margaritas can a trifle bowl hold?

This will depend on the size of your trifle bowl, but on average, a standard-sized bowl can hold about 8-10 margaritas. Keep in mind that the amount may vary depending on the size of the glasses you are using to serve the drinks.

3. What ingredients do I need to make margaritas in a trifle bowl?

The ingredients you will need are tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. You may also want to add fresh fruit or herbs for added flavor and garnish.

4. How do I layer the margaritas in the trifle bowl?

To create layers, start by adding a layer of ice to the bottom of the bowl. Then, pour in a layer of tequila, followed by a layer of triple sec, and finally a layer of lime juice. Repeat this process until the bowl is filled to your desired level. You can also add in other layers such as simple syrup or pureed fruit for added flavor and color.

5. Can I make margaritas in advance using a trifle bowl?

Yes, you can make margaritas in advance using a trifle bowl. However, it is best to wait to add the ice until right before serving to prevent the drink from becoming diluted. You can also pre-mix the ingredients and store them in the fridge, then add the ice and garnish when you are ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • TrishPCMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Linda
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies