• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tiramisu Brownie Trifle - What Do You Think?

I usually have about 20 people at my shows so I like to make sure everyone gets a small taste.In summary, there is a recipe for Tiramisu Brownies in All the Best on page 120 that someone's host for tomorrow's show wants. They are planning on making it in a trifle bowl with two layers and possibly adding extra cool whip and pudding. Others have tried this recipe and found it to be a hit, with some making changes such as using French Vanilla Cappuccino instead of coffee and cooking the brownies in a bar pan. Some recommend using the entire brownie and increasing the cool whip to make it look prettier in the trifle bowl. The brownies are typically cooked for 15-
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My host for tomorow's show wants the Tiramisu Brownies (All the Best, pg 120) - actually, it's her DH that wants it :p . Anyhow, I was thinking that I'd really like to show the trifle bowl and doing this in two layers as a trifle. What do you think? I love this recipe and I think ot would do pretty good. Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

I remember reading here that someone did try it and it turned out great!

Great, thanks Deb. I thought might have read that too, but there have been so many threads on trifles that I wasn't sure.

Did it about 3 days ago at home here with my mom...fills about 1/2 the bowl if you do it as is. If you have a larger crowd, double it.

I also used French Vanilla Capuccino instant granules because my mom doesn't drink coffee...gave it less of a "coffee" flavor, but good...

I made that recipe at every March show and it went over great! The only change I made was I increased the cool whip to 16 oz so there was more for garnish. It filled the bowl more than 3/4 full - did not seem like too little.

The other change I made was I made the brownies in the bar pan so they were thinner.

Love it!!Yes, I have made it 2 times so far. Once to practice it and once for my show and everyone loved it. I took a picture of it so that I could remember what it looked like. I thought it turned out great and it also looks very nice in the trifle bowl. I also cooked the brownies in the large bar pan on a piece of parchment paper, lifted them out then cut them into 1 inch pieces. The parchment paper made that even easier. I did use the 16 oz. container of cool whip, so that I could make the extra layer to make it look prettier.
Let me know what you think.

Dana

Very impressive Dana!

Wow! See, this is why I love CS--lots of really smart people.

Do you think I should make extra on the pudding part too (maybe another half recipe)? In addition to some extra coolwhip?

Looks yummy Dana!

I guess it depends on how many people you will be having at your show. This is a very rich dessert and you won't have to give out a whole lot per person. Are you planning on putting the lid on it? If so, you don't want to make it to much bigger or it will mess up the top of it.
Now that I am thinking about it, I didn't even use the entire brownie, so if you use all of it it will make it even bigger.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dana

This is going to be a second recipe so we are going to have it already made - except for topping it off with coolwhip in the EAD. We'll keep it in the fridge and demo the EAD just before we dig-in. I'll plan to use the entire brownie so it will fill the bowl more too. Do you remember how long you cooked the brownies in the bar pan?

Thanks for the tips! This is one of my favorite recipes so I figured it would also be good as a trifle.

No, I can't remember the exact time, but I think it was about 15-18 minutes. I just kept an eye on it and tested it with a toothpick.

It is a great recipe! I really like it myself and I don't even drink coffee.

You are very welcome, I just hope it helped you.

Good Luck.
Dana

pamperedlinda said:
This is going to be a second recipe so we are going to have it already made - except for topping it off with coolwhip in the EAD. We'll keep it in the fridge and demo the EAD just before we dig-in. I'll plan to use the entire brownie so it will fill the bowl more too. Do you remember how long you cooked the brownies in the bar pan?

Thanks for the tips! This is one of my favorite recipes so I figured it would also be good as a trifle.
I cooked the brownie for 20 minutes in the bar pan. I do not add extra pudding and it is always plenty moist and very rich.

What is a Tiramisu Brownie Trifle?

A Tiramisu Brownie Trifle is a decadent dessert that combines layers of rich brownie chunks, creamy mascarpone cheese filling, and a hint of coffee flavor. It's a twist on the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu, and is perfect for any chocolate lover.

Do I have to use Pampered Chef products to make this recipe?

No, you can use any brand of baking products to make this recipe. However, we recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best results.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. You can prepare the brownie and mascarpone cheese filling ahead of time and assemble the trifle right before serving. It's best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours in advance to ensure the brownies stay fresh.

Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of coffee liqueur?

Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol such as rum or brandy instead of coffee liqueur. However, keep in mind that it may alter the overall flavor of the trifle.

Can I substitute the mascarpone cheese with a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute mascarpone cheese with cream cheese for a similar texture and taste. However, the flavor may be slightly different. You can also use a combination of cream cheese and whipped cream for a lighter option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MarineGurl020412
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • shelly.nurse