• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Safe to Use a Chipped Trifle Bowl Base?

In summary, the consultant needs a new trifle bowl because the base is chipping glass. The consultant is worried that if they call HO, they will have to return the bowl and will be without it for their shows. The consultant tries to find a way to fix the problem without returning the bowl, but ultimately decides to display the bowl without the base.
jenne
OK, so I went to use my trifle bowl tonight, and I get it out of the box (I store it in the same fashion I got it in...base inside the cardboard insert, inside the bowl, inside the box) and the base is chipping glass all over!! :eek: I just got the trifle bowl in November and I want to call HO, but the dilemma is that I need it for my shows and everything else that I've had to return after the initial 30 days they need shipped to them before they'll send the new one. What do I do?? Do they make exceptions for us consultants when we need our products...I can still use it, but I wouldn't be able to let anyone play with it because they might cut their hand...someone tell me what to do???

You are a consultant. If they don't offer to ship you a new one first, ask that they do. I have never had them turn me down on that.

I had them turn me down once because I don't think the lady knew what she was doing!! Let them know what happened and that you need it for your shows, they should be able to help you. If they don't, call back and speak to someone else. That's what I should have done.

Ok, thanks ladies...I'll give it a try...and if not, I guess I can live without it at my shows...but it's nice to display and show how many different uses it has...I just hate to go without it. Thanks again!

And once we get our cookware protectors we won't have this problem anymore! :):):)

So true!! I figured keeping it in the cardboard insert inside the bowl would have prevented it too though!! Oh well, it happens I guess!

Display it without the base. At least you'll be displaying it with some of the options. Is the base available as a replacement part? Maybe they can send you just that piece

Do they really ship first?! I've never thought to ask...my 2 yr old broke my salad spinner so I'll have to try that one out! Thanks!

Just FYI...I had the same thing happen with mine and they shipped me a new one. No one said anything about returning it, but it came with the note inside about sending it back, etc. I called the Solution Center and talked to a really nice lady. I told her it was going to cost me almost as much to send the whole thing back (I couldn't just send the stand) as it did to purchase one because it's so heavy. She totally agreed and marked it so it didn't have to be returned. Just wanted to let you know. It's worth asking about.

My recruiter had her bar pan break and they shipped her a new one first, but wanted her to send the broken one later. My sister, however, had a bar pan break and they shipped a new one out without wanting the old one. Maybe that was because it was within the 30 days!

1. What is a trifle bowl base chipping?

A trifle bowl base chipping refers to when the bottom of a trifle bowl, typically made of glass or ceramic, starts to chip or crack. This can happen due to various reasons such as improper handling, temperature changes, or defects in the material.

2. How can I prevent my trifle bowl base from chipping?

To prevent your trifle bowl base from chipping, it is important to handle the bowl with care. Avoid using metal utensils to scoop or mix ingredients in the bowl. Also, be cautious when placing the bowl in extreme temperatures, such as a hot oven or a cold fridge.

3. Can I still use a trifle bowl with a chipped base?

While it is not recommended to use a trifle bowl with a chipped base for food presentation, it can still be used for other purposes such as a decorative piece or for storage. However, be sure to check for any sharp edges before using the bowl.

4. What should I do if my trifle bowl base chips?

If your trifle bowl base chips, you can contact our customer service for a replacement or a refund, depending on the warranty of the product. We also recommend properly disposing of the chipped bowl to avoid any potential injuries.

5. How do I clean a trifle bowl without causing damage?

To clean a trifle bowl without causing damage, it is best to hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can scratch or chip the bowl. Also, be sure to dry the bowl thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jansie
Replies