• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Called Now About Trifle Bowl Issue

In summary, a Consultant should offer to adjust trifle bowls if they are not straight, and should cover half the cost of sending the base back if it is after the 30 days.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
What would you have done?

I had a guest call me tonight saying that one of her trifle bowl stands wasn't straight. I knew what she was talking about because my first one had the same issue. I put in for the adjustment, but this time since its outside of the thirty days, they want me to send the one in first.

Should I have had her call the HO and her deal with it or was it okay for me to do the adjustment? I am going to eat the cost it looks like to send the original one back because, well, I don't want to loose her as a customer (she called me out of the blue and ordered five trifle bowls one night).

I guess I am just looking for reassurance that I did the right thing!

Thanks,
Karen

Doing adjustments is part of the customer service many Consultants offer, so if it's part of yours, you did the right thing.I don't think you should have to eat the cost of sending the base back, though. Let her know it's required by HO, because it's out of the 30 days, and, if you're comfortable with it, offer to cover half. You want to be careful about setting costly precedences. Do it for one customer, and she'll expect it every time, or others will start to expect the same.

I'm with Sarah. I used to arrange pretty much all of my customers' exchanges and returns, simply relaying the return information to the customer. I always reminded them that since it was after the 30 days it would be their responsibility to send it back. However, now they've started to ask a list of questions, so if it's after the 30 days I give them the phone number and email address and let them know what to expect.

The biggest thingis it is your business so you do it the way you feel comfortable. I'm not saying these other ladies are wrong, I'm just saying I do it differently.. the way it fits into my business....
I take care of all returns and HO calls. I know the questions they will ask so I take care of that. I DO explain to the customer that if is after the 30 days HO requires that the customer send in the item, but as a curtosy to them I'd be happy to do it. It might cost a little extra but the loyalty I get in the end from my customers is priceless. I do only send in one return box a month though. If I know I've got a few coming my way I combine them. I just sent back a DCB, 2 Proff pans, a Mix n chop and a steamer in the same box.. $15 but 3 awesome hosts were happy AND I've got a customer for life with the cookware lady. Her original consultant doesn't sell anymore so she didn't know what to do.
Anyhow, that is how I do it. I figure we all sell the same product and I need to set my self apart somehow as being the name they remember. But it is your biz... you do it how you want! :)

I like your response Charity. I don't know if I am ready to so things this way, but I respect the level of customer service you are providing.

I handle the calls to HO and have the customer return the items themselves if it is outside the 30 day window. I personally can not afford to pay for returns at this point.

I helped a co-worker just last week who had purchased both set's of Executive Cookware from another consultant and didn't have her receipt and needed to return her saute pan and skillet as they were wearing and cracking. I made the call to HO and answered the questions and got the reference number. I gave her the information and she knows she is responsible for sending it back. It wasn't a big deal to her.

She has actually held two catalog show's for me since her purchase of the cookware from the other consultant and purchase items every few months from me too.

I used to do a little more when it came to returns, including sending many of them back. I stopped doing that when people started bringing me things that their friends had purchased through other people. This probably happens more in little rural areas like mine than in larger areas.

I'm having such a hard time deciding how to handle this aspect of the customer service. On the one hand, if I handle it, they come to expect it. And if HO won't approve the adjustment, then I have to be the bearer of bad news. I just had a terrible situation of my best host ever and a friend say she will never buy from PC again because I told her that her accidental breakage of her stone wasn't covered. IF only I had just told her to call them to see what they say, then maybe her response would've been different. Maybe they would've done a better job at giving her the reason behind the rejection. Maybe not (I think I handled it well, that's on another whole thread...;) )Then there's the time that I had a great host and potential recruit call HO to handle her adjustment on her Santoku knife. Well, I still don't know if she ever sent it in. They did approve it, but she was kind of nervous about sending it back. And I think it was too much of a bother for her. (I just don't get that! She loves that knife! The sooner she mails it back, the sooner her replacement will come!) Oh well.And another time, I went ahead and paid for the returns of people's things. They did not say thank you. They never booked again or have since ordered again. Despite my trying to keep things upbeat, positive, and that I was being sensitive to their concerns and trying to offer the best customer service I could, I feel that maybe they just didn't care.But anyway. I feel like my customers get annoyed w/ PC no matter which way I handle it. I try not to take it personally, but it does get to me. Like I'm not a good consultant or person, that they won't continue working w/ me or they're mad at PC and so they sever the relationship w/ me.Ahh, thanks for letting me vent. :blushing:

Yet another reason I stopped handling returns myself, Amanda. I've decided that my customers are adults, and I will treat them as such. Not that I won't go the extra mile for someone special, but those instances will be rare. Plus, they'll understand that it's not the norm.

I'm visiting my sister. Last night she showed me a large mix n scraper, in her kitchen. She believed that it had a lifetime warranty. She had not purchased it herself, but
it was there, and she wanted me to replace it. I checked the date on it, and it was 1995. I told her it was way past the warranty, and sorry but I could not help her. She then brought up CUTCO, as having a lifetime warranty on everything they sold. Well, I said you are talking about cutlery, and our forged cutlery does too. However, there is a big difference between spatulas and forged cutlery. We let it go, but I felt the challenge in her spirit, and did not like being put on the spot.

1. What is the issue with the trifle bowl?

The issue with the trifle bowl is that it may crack or break when exposed to extreme temperature changes or when handled roughly.

2. Is the trifle bowl covered under warranty?

Yes, the trifle bowl is covered under our limited lifetime guarantee. If it breaks or cracks due to a manufacturing defect, we will replace it for free.

3. How do I properly care for my trifle bowl?

To ensure the longevity of your trifle bowl, we recommend hand-washing it with warm soapy water and avoiding extreme temperature changes. Do not use it in the oven or microwave.

4. Can I still use my trifle bowl if it has a small crack?

No, we do not recommend using a trifle bowl with any cracks as it may compromise the integrity of the bowl and cause it to break during use.

5. How do I request a replacement for my damaged trifle bowl?

To request a replacement for your damaged trifle bowl, please contact our customer service team with your order information and a photo of the damage. They will assist you with the replacement process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • JAE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vearonni
  • chefw