• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Trifle Game with a Bigger Bowl - Chocolate Trifle Recipe Inside!"

In summary, the trifle bowl is just a tad too small, but it is otherwise great. The recipe calls for a 13x9 cake, 2 pkgs of pudding, 8 oz of cool whip (which is too little, it really needs 12 oz) and the heath bars... I had a hard time fitting all of it into the trifle bowl. I ended up not using all of the cake just so I wouldn't have cool whip overflowing when I tried to cover it for transport. Does anyone else think the trifle bowl is just a tad too small or is it just me? I love the detachable pedestal and the cover, I just wish it was a little bit bigger....
menehune
Hi all... I just received and used my trifle bowl for the first time and I made the easy chocolate trifle from the trifle doc here. The recipe calls for a 13x9 cake, 2 pkgs of pudding, 8 oz of cool whip (which is too little, it really needs 12 oz) and the heath bars... I had a hard time fitting all of it into the trifle bowl. I ended up not using all of the cake just so I wouldn't have cool whip overflowing when I tried to cover it for transport. Does anyone else think the trifle bowl is just a tad too small or is it just me? I love the detachable pedestal and the cover, I just wish it was a little bit bigger.... =(

It's too small if you are using all of the ingredients as needed. I eyeball it in the bowl as I assemble....so if I know from the recipe that I'll have 2 layers, I make sure I'm dividing it accordingly with the layers. I visually divide the bowl in half and then if I have to fit 3 layers of ingredients, I put in about what it looks like I'd need to fill that space. Then repeat.But it's too big when you go to eat the trifle! Seems like it just keeps multiplying! *lol*

Haha, that's funny, because my Mom ordered two in April, and decided to give one away since they were bigger than she expected!It really depends on the recipe. Sometimes it seems too small, and other times it seems the recipe should have called for more of something to make it reach the top!

Yeah, what I actually stuffed in there was quite a lot. I took it to a party where everyone ate it, everyone took some home, and there was still some that I had to bring back. I guess I was just frustrated that I had to keep the extra cake that didn't fit at home. I don't need any extra desserts sitting in my house!! ;) I guess I'll need to do the eyeballing tip. thanks. Oh, I just thought of something to do with the extra cake. I could put them in the prep bowls with a tiny bit of leftover pudding and cool whip on top. Great, I just said I don't need extra desserts here and I'm thinking of new ways to make extra desserts for myself!

It IS ok to throw it in the trash... I am officially giving you the permission to throw it away! It's hard I know, but sometimes, you just have to do it! :D (I know- personal experience!)OR you can take something to neighbors?
(I have a family who lives next door- they have 6 kids, and they like to taste-test recipes...plus now I have two young guys who are "house sitting" for a few months, they have little money- and would love to get free food too. :) )

Double wrapp the cake in plastic wrap and freeze it. Works great any time you need cake for a trifle!! That way, out of sight, out of mind. Just don't do like I do and forget it is in there!! :)

Did you press down on the cake layer when you were putting it together?

OK I think I like freezing the leftover cake rather than throwing it out. It's so heartbreaking to see yummy chocolate cake in the trash....

And I did press down on the cake layer a bit, but maybe next time I'll smoosh it more... Thanks for all the tips! =)

What is the capacity of the Trifle Bowl Too Small?

The Trifle Bowl Too Small has a capacity of 3.5 quarts or 3.3 liters.

Can the Trifle Bowl Too Small be used in the oven?

Yes, the Trifle Bowl Too Small is oven-safe up to 350°F or 176°C.

Is the Trifle Bowl Too Small dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Trifle Bowl Too Small is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

What is the material of the Trifle Bowl Too Small?

The Trifle Bowl Too Small is made of durable, clear glass.

Can the Trifle Bowl Too Small be used for anything other than trifle desserts?

Yes, the Trifle Bowl Too Small can also be used for serving salads, pasta, or as a decorative centerpiece for your table.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies