• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Conference Due to Sister's Best Friend's Wedding

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's initial excitement for a conference, but then realizing they mistakenly booked their flight for the wrong dates. They try to change their flight, but ultimately decide it's not worth it and will have to miss the conference. They believe everything happens for a reason and are grateful for the support from their colleagues. They also mention upcoming events for their business.
imported_iteachurkid
So I've been so excited about conference. My only glitch is that my sister's best friend (who has been like a younger sister to me) is getting married on the 18th. I thought I had it all figured out, booked my flight in March and was leaving Chicago at 6am on Saturday only missing one class and the closing general session. So today I get an e-mail that the flight was changed and is now not leaving until 7:45 which really was going to push me to be able to get to the wedding. I call USAir and (you ready for this), I booked my flight for the week BEFORE conference. Yep, instead of leaving on the 15th and getting back on the 18th, I had booked it to leave on the 8th and get back on the 11th...who knows what I was thinking. The people at USAir were really nice and told me it would be $150 to change the flight or they could just refund the total cost and I could rebook the flight. I decided on the later. Well in looking at the flights, there is not one out there that will have be back in VA before I need to be on Saturday and if I don't want to spend an extra $100, I'd have to leave the conference center by 2:30 on Friday. I talked to my director and we both agreed (unfortunately) that it isn't worth it to miss essentially a whole day of a 2 1/2 day conference. I really felt like I needed this this year, but just can't justify it. And of course, I'm three days past the "you can get your conference registration back" date. Oh well. I truly believe everything happens for a reason...just gotta figure out what this one is. Thanks for letting me whine :)

Could you ask to attend a different wave?

I could if I didn't have something going on at some point in each of the first 2 :( All PC related though...

That is a Major Bummer Jen!! I'm so sorry but you're right, everything does happen for a reason.....Work your business really hard that week!! :D

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't make it!! That is a bummer, but it just sounds like it's not in the plan for it to work for you to go this year.:(

I'm so sorry that it all worked out this way but I am happy to hear that the airline worked with you!:sun:

I believe that you can get back all but $50 of your conference registration after the cutoff date. Check that - at least that would help a little...

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out.

Thanks guys! You all are the best. So things haven't been going great with my PC biz and after this well, you know how I felt. We'll yesterday I had a call with a $150 order, a call for a smaller order and a call with someone who wants to book a show. Wow, when one door closes, others sure open don't though. We booked the show for when I'd have been at conference, so I'll be working, just not in Chicago :) You all are going to have to fill me in on all of the details, I'm going to be on pins and needles wanting to know what's going on!!!

:)
Jennifer

We'll miss you at Conference Jennifer and am so glad the orders and show came in for you!!!! :)

1. Can I get a refund for the conference if I have to miss it due to my sister's best friend's wedding?

Unfortunately, our refund policy does not cover missed conferences due to personal events. However, you can transfer your ticket to a colleague or friend who is able to attend in your place.

2. Will I still receive the conference materials and swag if I am unable to attend?

Yes, we will make sure to send you the conference materials and swag after the event. Please make sure to provide us with a valid mailing address to ensure timely delivery.

3. Can I switch to a different conference date if I cannot make it to the one I originally registered for?

We understand that plans may change, so we are happy to transfer your registration to a different conference date, as long as there is availability. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. Is it possible to receive a credit towards a future conference if I am unable to attend?

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer credits for missed conferences. However, you can transfer your ticket to a colleague or friend who is able to attend in your place.

5. Will there be recordings or virtual options available for the conference if I cannot attend in person?

At this time, we do not offer recordings or virtual options for our conferences. However, you can transfer your ticket to a colleague or friend who is able to attend in your place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • OhmyDLM