• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Extended Travel on an Incentive Trip?

If the airfare is less, will they charge us for the difference?Yes, if the airfare is less they will charge you for the difference.
pamperedbecky
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd ask to get any feedback out there. We're thinking of adding a day or two onto the Paris trip at the end. I know I need to let Carlson know this, but thought I'd see if there were any other details I needed to know.

Another question - has anyone ever traveled to Europe for an incentive trip? I know on the way there, we'll have an eveining flight overnight, arriving on the day the trip actually starts. I wondered how they'll handle the flight home. The trip (for non-PC earners) ends on April 24th, so I was wondering what time of a flight we'd head back on. Evening for another overnight?? So if I want to be home Sunday the 26th, I guess we'd need a flight leaving Saturday night. So really I'd only be staying one extra day.

Just wondering if anyone happens to know the answers to my crazy questions. :) Thanks

Most of the flights from Europe to the US tend to be morning/afternoon. My memory could be off, but I don't recall ever having a night flight back home (that's based on 9 years of living there). [Debi, is that the same for you?]

A big lesson learned from the London trip last year...try to specify a no earlier than time for your return flight. I wasn't thinking and just said whenever. We regretted that when our flight back was around 0930...which meant we had to leave the hotel around 0630. Try to get a flight in the afternoon...if the arrival time home works out for you.

And congratulations again!!!!

Thanks, Kris! That's good to know. Just for the heck of it I thought I'd check some major airlines' flights to see what's common too. I'd love to stay 2 extra nights but it may not work out so we're home by Sunday night. Although there is the time difference to think about,so even if we let mid-to-late afternoon, we'd be traveling "backwards" in time if that makes sense./:) Ooooh the jet lag. Any advice on that?

Melatonin is your friend. :)

You can purchase it over the counter. It's great for helping your body get into a new sleep cycle.

legacypc46 said:
Most of the flights from Europe to the US tend to be morning/afternoon. My memory could be off, but I don't recall ever having a night flight back home (that's based on 9 years of living there). [Debi, is that the same for you?]

Yes, that is true. I remember a flight leaving around 4pm once I thought that was SO weird. But yes, the majority leave in the morning.

I'll be extending our trip as well -- My advice, just call Carlson and tell them what you told us, then let them do the worrying and working!

Hey, great thread! I have been talking to hubby about extending our trip too. I was wondering about how much that will cost? What are both of you planning on it costing you? Thanks

We're planning to stay a couple extra nights in Paris. I don't think there is any extra charge (am I right?) for having plane tickets to accomodate this. I guess unless there is less availability for flights or some thing? The extra charges will be for footing the hotel bill on your own, meals and any charges to get to the airport on your own. Hopefully I'm right about this.:) I'm going to finally call today.

Hi All -

I'm relatively new here but thought I'd chime in....

We extended San Fran, and you're right there is no extra charge for airfare. We actually came in on a day that was scheduled so we were able to use the PC transp. that day, but had to make the hotel reservations and transfers for the extension on our own.

Have Fun in Paris! We're headed to Mexico - can't wait!

Lisa

I talked to Carlson today and she told me that if there IS a difference in airfare to leave on Sunday rather than Friday when the trip is supposed to end, then we'd have to pay the difference. I'm hoping there's not!! She also said that they would make the reservations for the hotel for the two extra nights FOR us which is cool. I doubt that means we'll get their group rate, but it's just easier thast way. Ok, off to do my reservation!!

FYI, she said they'd likely have us on a plane leaving Paris around 2:15 pm and getting into Chicago around 12:30 pm. At least that was one flight that was open whenI talked to her. I'd better get registered!!!

If the airfare is less, will they credit you? LOL

Are they flying you on Delta? DH does the Paris trips alot, I can tell him to bid your flight.

Oh, I guess that would only work if you were flying out of Atlanta....

pamperedlinda said:
If the airfare is less, will they credit you? LOL

Ha!! I wondered the same thing. Well, we're on American and it's all confirmed. Woo hoo!!

ETA: Oh and there were NO extra fees. Yay!! Just the hotel for 2 extra nights.

pamperedlinda said:
Are they flying you on Delta? DH does the Paris trips alot, I can tell him to bid your flight.

Oh, I guess that would only work if you were flying out of Atlanta....

We have neighbors who are pilots and one flies for united and one for Delta. I forget who does which. I don't know how well pilots know other pilots from other states, but their names are Brett Lecy and Katy Lecy. I think it's Brett who flies for Delta.

pamperedbecky said:
We have neighbors who are pilots and one flies for united and one for Delta. I forget who does which. I don't know how well pilots know other pilots from other states, but their names are Brett Lecy and Katy Lecy. I think it's Brett who flies for Delta.

You never know - there are @ 8,000 Delta pilots. DH would maybe know them if they were former air force buddies or if they were based in Atlanta. I think Morfia's DH flies for American - maybe he will be your pilot.

pamperedlinda said:
You never know - there are @ 8,000 Delta pilots. DH would maybe know them if they were former air force buddies or if they were based in Atlanta. I think Morfia's DH flies for American - maybe he will be your pilot.

Cool! That would be awesome.:D:D

1. Can I extend my stay on the incentive trip?

Yes, it is possible to extend your stay on the incentive trip. However, this will depend on availability and additional costs may apply.

2. How do I request an extension for my trip?

To request an extension, you will need to contact our customer service team at least 30 days prior to the trip. They will assist you in checking availability and making the necessary arrangements.

3. Will Pampered Chef cover the cost of the extended stay?

No, Pampered Chef will not cover the cost of the extended stay. Any additional expenses, including accommodation and transportation, will be at your own expense.

4. Can I extend my stay at a different hotel or resort?

Yes, you can extend your stay at a different hotel or resort. However, this will depend on availability and any extra costs will need to be covered by you.

5. Are there any restrictions on extending my trip?

There may be restrictions on extending your trip, such as limited availability or blackout dates. It is best to contact our customer service team for more information and assistance with your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkugler
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
chefa