• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Memories of Mom - Your Avatar Brings Joy

In summary, the birds didn't let me sleep in. I had to drag my fat butt out of bed to give them their morning treat. Beaker farts and belches. She used to say, "excuse" after she belched (never did bother to put "me" after it). DH is trying to teach her to say "pull my finger" followed by the fart sound. But all she's picked up is that it's funny to make the fart sound when DH says "pull my finger." Other things she says: Go do laundry? I gotta go to work. Superbird! apple corn (usually followed by coorrrrrrnn
itsjustCarla
Didn't want to hijack a thread, but I wanted you to know that I LOVE your new avatar!!

Before my mom passed, she raised birds and she had several that looked just like that and it brought back some wonderful memories. My dad only has one bird left - which he is still trying to get rid of - and kinda makes me sad.

Your avatar was a nice pick-me-up!

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/03/funny-pictures-wife-bird-with-feather.jpg

LOL

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

I was thinking the other day that I liked it too!

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/funny-pictures-birds-not-speaking-parrots.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/03/funny-pictures-wife-bird-with-feather.jpg

too funny!!!!

Funny that you should post that photo....that bird looks exactly like the one my dad has left!!!

That's Chefann's Beaker.BagelBagelBagelBagelBagelBagel.

itsjustCarla said:
Didn't want to hijack a thread, but I wanted you to know that I LOVE your new avatar!!

Before my mom passed, she raised birds and she had several that looked just like that and it brought back some wonderful memories. My dad only has one bird left - which he is still trying to get rid of - and kinda makes me sad.

Your avatar was a nice pick-me-up!

Around here, a hijack is a sign of the most sincere form of flattery... well, either that or your thread is really boring!

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/12/funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

The grey is Beaker. And, yes, that's her in the lolbird from icanhascheezburger.com. She's 11, and is a total smart-a$$. Just ask KG. He's been here when she's been talking up a storm (right now it's bedtime, so she's just in her cage grinding her beak). She's an African Grey. But we joke that since she was bred locally that makes her an African-American Grey.My new av is Bunsen. He's a 9 year-old yellow-crowned Amazon that we bought "used." His previous owner didn't take good care of him, and he had some health issues when we got him 7 years ago. Those cleared up, but about 2-3 years ago he developed something else. The vet thought it was diabetes, but was never positive. We made some modifications to his diet and he seems to have recovered from whatever it was. DH has posted pics of them at Beaker and Bunsen. Beaker's page has a video (about 7 years old now) of her talking.

What are you doing up in the middle of the night?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/12/funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

This looks exactly like my cat and she has that b*tchy look on her face permanently!

ionlytriedit128594531722074759.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What are you doing up in the middle of the night?
I had a show, and when I got home there was a message from a customer to call her any time up to midnight. She was one of my June cancellations, who I kept forgetting to call - and she had $300 in orders from coworkers! Figures that it was 1 day late for Sell a Thon. :rolleyes: But I got her orders and submitted the show last night. Then I had to chill before bedtime.

The birds didn't let me sleep in. 7 am and they're in the living room saying, "hello" over and over. So I had to drag my fat butt out of bed to give them their morning treat.

chefann said:
The grey is Beaker. And, yes, that's her in the lolbird from icanhascheezburger.com. She's 11, and is a total smart-a$$. Just ask KG. He's been here when she's been talking up a storm (right now it's bedtime, so she's just in her cage grinding her beak). She's an African Grey. But we joke that since she was bred locally that makes her an African-American Grey.

My new av is Bunsen. He's a 9 year-old yellow-crowned Amazon that we bought "used." His previous owner didn't take good care of him, and he had some health issues when we got him 7 years ago. Those cleared up, but about 2-3 years ago he developed something else. The vet thought it was diabetes, but was never positive. We made some modifications to his diet and he seems to have recovered from whatever it was.

DH has posted pics of them at Beaker and Bunsen. Beaker's page has a video (about 7 years old now) of her talking.

Too funny!!! Mom had 2 african greys - one of which she raised from the egg...the other was hilarious. My boys taught it way too many bodily noises. She had several Amazons and dad still has a Timneh that he won't admit that he's attached to.

Beaker farts and belches. She used to say, "excuse" after she belched (never did bother to put "me" after it). DH is trying to teach her to say "pull my finger" followed by the fart sound. But all she's picked up is that it's funny to make the fart sound when DH says "pull my finger."Other things she says:
Go do laundry?
I gotta go to work.
Superbird!
bagelbagelbagel
apple
corn (usually followed by coorrrrrrnnnnnn)
gooey (from "gooey cheese")
fine
almond
peek-a-boo
shower
d'oh
woo-hoo
HomerFunny story on those last 3. When she says d'oh or woo-hoo, we can ask her "Who says that?" and she'll respond with "Homer."

Dad's dog is named Oreo and the african grey would always say "yo-yo, gotta go potty?" And of course, as soon as the thought is put into her head, she has to go out. LOL. It was too funny. He also did the telephone ring really well.....my mom would run to the phone a hundred times a day until she finally got a cordless and then she wouldn't answer it unless it rang right next to her.

Never shoot darts with Chefannhttp://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/10/funny-pictures-how-to-cheat-at-darts.jpg

KG, you brought a giggle to me. Thanks.

Related to Memories of Mom - Your Avatar Brings Joy

1. What is "Memories of Mom - Your Avatar Brings Joy"?

"Memories of Mom - Your Avatar Brings Joy" is a special line of products from Pampered Chef that is designed to help you create and preserve memories of your mom. These products feature customizable avatars that can be personalized with your mom's likeness and used in the kitchen to bring joy and nostalgia to your cooking experience.

2. How can I personalize my avatar?

You can personalize your avatar by uploading a photo of your mom's face. Our team will then use advanced technology to create a unique avatar that closely resembles your mom's features. You can also choose from a variety of hair, eye, and skin color options to further customize your avatar.

3. What types of products are available in the "Memories of Mom" line?

The "Memories of Mom" line includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, such as spatulas, cutting boards, and aprons, all featuring your personalized avatar. There are also recipe books and meal planning tools that can be customized with your mom's avatar and favorite recipes.

4. Can I order products with my mom's avatar as a gift for someone else?

Yes, you can order products from the "Memories of Mom" line as a gift for someone else. Simply upload a photo of their mom's face and customize the avatar to their liking. This makes for a thoughtful and unique gift for any occasion.

5. How do these products help preserve memories of my mom?

These products serve as a visual reminder of your mom while you cook or plan meals. They can also be used to pass down family recipes and traditions, creating a sense of connection and nostalgia. Additionally, the products can be displayed in your kitchen as a way to honor and remember your mom's love for cooking and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • ChefBeckyD