• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How are you coping with Mother's Day after losing your mom to cancer?

In summary, Kathy's mother passed away on June 9th due to cancer. Kathy has been struggling with reminders of her mother's death, but is thankful for the distraction of a bridal shower for a 20th wedding anniversary. Other members of the online community have also lost their mothers and offer their condolences and support. Kathy's friend from church also lost her mother to cancer and is struggling. Kathy and another member who have both lost their mothers in June are trying to support each other during this difficult time. One member shares a personal story about finding comfort in watching birds after their mother's passing.
Kathytnt
My mom passed away on June 9th of last year after a tough bout with cancer. She was in the hospital for the last time on Mother's day last year. As many of you know I got started with PC to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I almost hate watching tv or getting on the internet because there are constant reminders.
I know at least one of my fellow cheffers is going through the same thing (((HUGS Kelly))) Seems our Mom's passed with in just a few days of each other.
I am thankful that I have a Bridal Shower for a 20th wedding anniversary and renewal fo vows the night before so hopefully this Naughty Chef SHower will help distract me

Just wanted to share - Thanks, Kat

Last edited:
I am so sorry Kathy.Good luck with the shower, I am sure that makes it easier to keep busy...

I'm so sorry. May your sweet memories outweigh your sadness.

My thoughts will be with you Kathy. I am so sorry :(

I'm so sorry too, Kathy. I'll be thinking of you and hoping things go ok for you over the next couple months. Good luck with everything.

So sorry!I am so sorry Kathy! I can't imagine what you are feeling since you lost your mother. My mother is very important to me and even though she had me at a young age and I keep thinking she will be with me forever, she won't and I will pray that the Lord will comfort you through this tough time.
My friend from church who is in the military moved away to Florida. We were so sad, and we miss them very much. She found out she was pregnant a few weeks after her mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She just passed away last month. It is so hard for her right now and I would ask that everyone please lift her up in prayer.
Kathy remember the good times and remember it's ok to cry and just take some time to think of how special she is to you and the special things she did for you and with you!!

Debbie :D

***Background info to those who don't know, I lost my Mom on June 13th, Kathy lost her Mom on June 9th.....

Kathy~

You know you are in my prayers.

Hopefully this June won't be terribly hard on either of us. God got me (and you) through the funeral, and the months following, so I know he is with both of us now and he will strengthen us and give us the support we need to get through the first anniversary of losing our moms.

BTW- let me just tell you one way that He helped me over this winter... My family and I actually moved into my Mom's house in December (long story, my parents were seperated, but nothing done legally so the house is 100% my Dad's since she passed. He is letting us stay here---for the better school system and neighborhood---and eventually we will be purchasing the house from him.) Being in my childhood home/neighborhood has been a real comfort to me. But, what I really wanted to share is about some birds...

My Mom LOVED watching the birds. We would be on the phone talking and she would tell me about the cardinals that would be in the tree outside of the kitchen window. Well, we live in Ohio, so 99.9% of the birds leave for the winter. Would you believe that there were 3 cardinals and 2 blue jays that STAYED FOR THE ENTIRE WINTER!!! I really felt like my Mom was there with me sometimes. I know that sounds corney, but I know that God sent those birds for me. They were there everyday, and I got a sense of peace watching them!

{{{{{{{[HUGS to you Kathy!}}}}}}}}}}}}

You all are the greatest!!! Thanks for sharing from your hearts

*snugs* kathy, this will be a tough time for you. Try to remember the good moments you had together. Maybe start a diary of "good times with mom" so while you are mourning you also bring forth the good times.

I lost my mother-in-law on the 9th of June to cancer several years ago. Remember the good times.
You are in our thoughts.

My heart goes out to you. My mom died 5 years ago 2 weeks before Mother's Day from Lung Cancer. She passed in my home under the care of Hospice. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about her and would give anything to spend time with her again. You will think about her all day; have a good cry, but also laugh about the funny things and reminice about the number of years you had with her. If we could make a law about death it should be that mom's never die.

Kelly,
I'm so sorry for your loss and what you're going through, too. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers at this tough time of the year.

My thoughts are with both of you as well. Kelly, your story is not corny..I totally believe our loved ones that are gone are right beside us everyday...the birds are her way of letting you know she is with you..
I can imagine how hard this upcoming month will be.....cheerish the memories

Hugs to Kelly and Kathy...I lost my dad in Jan. '06 to amyloidosis - unexpected diagnosis - short time to death... My mom has survived cancer 3 times and is having some samples biopsied this week. Of course, my mom isn't a spring chicken anymore so I know she won't last forever.

Enjoy the things that remind you of them, the pictures, the good memories and remember, Mom's day is for you two as the generations move on! Enjoy your wonderful blessings (children) and have a good day!

Kathy and Kelly,

My heart goes out to you on this upcoming Mother's Day...I hope your happy memories keep you smiling. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Keep your chin up...mom wouldn't want you to be sad.

What are some gift ideas for Mother's Day?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often get asked for gift ideas for Mother's Day. Some popular options include our beautiful stoneware bakeware, versatile cookware sets, and our popular kitchen tools and gadgets. You can also consider giving the gift of a cooking class or a gift card for Pampered Chef products.

How can I make Mother's Day special for my mom?

One way to make Mother's Day special is by treating your mom to a delicious homemade meal. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that are perfect for celebrating this special day. You can also set a beautiful table with our elegant tableware and decorations to make the meal even more memorable.

What are some budget-friendly options for Mother's Day gifts?

If you're on a budget, Pampered Chef has plenty of gift options that won't break the bank. Our selection of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware start at just a few dollars. You can also consider creating a personalized gift basket filled with your mom's favorite Pampered Chef products.

Can I personalize my Mother's Day gift?

Yes, many of our products can be personalized with your mom's name or a special message. Our customizable stoneware and cutting boards make great gifts that are both practical and sentimental.

What are some unique Mother's Day gift ideas?

If you're looking for something unique, consider giving your mom a gift that she can use to pamper herself. Our line of spa and relaxation products, such as scented candles and bath salts, make great gifts for moms who deserve a little extra TLC. You can also consider giving the gift of a cooking experience, such as a cooking class or a gift card for a food tour.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
Back