• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saying Goodbye to My Mawmaw: Coping with Grief on Sad Saint Patrick's Day

In summary, My adorable Mawmaw passed away tonight around 5. She had been in a lot of pain and had a lot wrong here the last month. I got to the hospital right after she died and when I went in to see her, I just had to get out. I went outside and sat on the curb and looked up. They sky was so incredibably blue and there were these two clouds. One looked like a huge angel. I took a picture with my phone just thinking how cool it was. My poor mother is having a hard time. There are 6 kids and mom is the baby. She's always the one having to take the reigns. I
tabnat80
Gold Member
My adorable mawmaw passed away tonight around 5. I haven't mentioned a whole lot on here about her the past week because it's been an emotional rollercoaster. One minute she was about the die, the next she was doing better. Ups and downs all week. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. We know it is for the best. She was in a lot of pain and had a lot wrong here the last month. I know she is in heaven with my pawpaw but it is still so hard to let her go. You know, I find peace in knowning that she isn't in any pain any more. I got to the hospital right after she died and when I went in to see her, I just had to get out. I went outside and sat on the curb and looked up. They sky was so incredibably blue and there were these two clouds. One looked like a huge angel. I took a picture with my phone just thinking how cool it was. When I showed my family, they said that it looked like and angel to them too. I believe it may have been one taking mawmaw to heaven. My poor mother is having a hard time. There are 6 kids and mom is the baby. She's always the one having to take the reigns. I know the next couple of days are going to be sad and hard on everyone. To add insult to injury, last MOnday her apartment's waterheater flooded and we had to go put all her stuff in storage so they could replace the carpet. It's just so sad. We don't even know where her mother's necklace is to bury her in. We've got to go dig through storage tomorrow. We just buried my pawpaw last year, ironically, the week of Easter. Go figure. Anyways, please keep us in your prayers. thank you so much.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and your family! Please know you will be in our thoughts and prayers in the coming days/weeks/months. When you need to vent or have a "shoulder" to cry on, we will be here for you!

I'm so sad to hear that. I'm so sorry for your loss.:( I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - may you find some comfort and peace with your family at this sad time.

Tabitha, I'm very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers during this difficult time.

I am so sorry for you!

I know all to well, that 5 yrs ago, on St. Patrick's day I found out my father died. And I can't believe its been 5 yrs.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. xoxo

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time!!

I am so sorry about your grandmother...but, just think how lucky you are to have been able to have her with you until you were an adult! I had my maternal grandparents around until I was 30-ish. The 'child' relationship is wonderful, but the 'adult' relationship is the gravy!

Take care during this difficult time. {{{hugs}}}

You are in my prayers.The cloud photo you took will be a comfort to you in the days to come.When my dad died in Iowa a few years ago, I was in my office & had this weird feeling. I got up to refill my coffee, but instead went to my living room window and looked out and in the middle of my back yard there was the strangest beam of bright light and at that moment I knew my dad was gone. I called the hospital, he had died a 5 minutes before. My brother didn't want to tell me yet (my mom had left the room to call me and I said it's ok I know he's gone) Extra hugs to your mom as she also deals with the anniversary of your grandfathers death. Rejoice in the Easter season and know her suffering is over.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Tabitha,
I wish I could take it all away. But know this, that in the end,
"God shall wipe away all their tears". Easter is coming for a reason. Think on that and in the mean time, all my faith and prayers go out to you. May her spirit never be far, and her maternal blood that runs in your veins warm your soul forever.

I am so sorry to hear this!

I'm praying for God's hugs for you and your family, Sweetie.

Blessings~
BeaLorene

Sorry for you loss, my thoughts are with you and your family in this time of grief.

May all your happy memories help you and your family through this incredibly difficult time. Sorry for your loss...

tabnat80 said:
My adorable mawmaw passed away tonight around 5. I haven't mentioned a whole lot on here about her the past week because it's been an emotional rollercoaster. One minute she was about the die, the next she was doing better. Ups and downs all week. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. We know it is for the best. She was in a lot of pain and had a lot wrong here the last month. I know she is in heaven with my pawpaw but it is still so hard to let her go. You know, I find peace in knowning that she isn't in any pain any more. I got to the hospital right after she died and when I went in to see her, I just had to get out. I went outside and sat on the curb and looked up. They sky was so incredibably blue and there were these two clouds. One looked like a huge angel. I took a picture with my phone just thinking how cool it was. When I showed my family, they said that it looked like and angel to them too. I believe it may have been one taking mawmaw to heaven. My poor mother is having a hard time. There are 6 kids and mom is the baby. She's always the one having to take the reigns. I know the next couple of days are going to be sad and hard on everyone. To add insult to injury, last MOnday her apartment's waterheater flooded and we had to go put all her stuff in storage so they could replace the carpet. It's just so sad. We don't even know where her mother's necklace is to bury her in. We've got to go dig through storage tomorrow. We just buried my pawpaw last year, ironically, the week of Easter. Go figure. Anyways, please keep us in your prayers. thank you so much.

Tabitha, I am so very sorry for your families loss. I will keep all of you in my prayers for sure. I hope your mother will be able to find peace through all this, knowing that her mother is happy, and in heaven with her husband.

Blessings and strength to you and your family during this very hard time.:(

Tabitha - so sorry to hear, but glad she isn't in any pain anymore.Feel blessed to have her so long. I lost my grandparents before I was born, in 1986, 1988, and 1996. I still have fond memories of all of them I knew though. Pull out the pictures and remember the fun times!I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers this week!

Here are the pictures that I took. It was so strange. It was so bright and the sun was setting already pretty low behind the trees. This was taken with my camera phone so I hope it shows up here as clear as it did there.

Attachments

• Angel pic 1.jpg
    Angel pic 1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 278
  • angel pic 2.jpg
    angel pic 2.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 252
Thank you all again so much for your prayers. I really do appreciate them. I know tomorrow and Thursday are going to be very hard for us, but I do know that it's going to be ok.

Oh Tabitha~ That is beautiful! What a wonderful thing that you were able to capture it.:angel:

That is awesome. I know Jesus sent His angels to you to comfort you. Hang in there Tabitha.

wow those photos were amazing... what a nice memory for you to have... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Related to Saying Goodbye to My Mawmaw: Coping with Grief on Sad Saint Patrick's Day

What is "Sad Saint Patricks Day"?

"Sad Saint Patricks Day" is a term used to describe a St. Patrick's Day celebration that is not as festive or happy as it typically is. It may refer to a lack of events or activities, a somber mood, or personal reasons for feeling sad on this holiday.

Why do some people experience a "Sad Saint Patricks Day"?

There can be a variety of reasons for feeling sad on St. Patrick's Day. It could be due to the absence of loved ones, the loss of someone special, personal struggles, or just not feeling a connection to the holiday. It's important to be understanding and supportive of those who may not be feeling as celebratory as others.

How can I support someone who is experiencing a "Sad Saint Patricks Day"?

If you know someone who is feeling down on St. Patrick's Day, the best thing you can do is be there for them. Offer to spend time with them, listen to their feelings, and validate their emotions. You can also suggest doing an activity that they enjoy or that will take their mind off their sadness.

Are there any ways to still enjoy St. Patrick's Day despite feeling sad?

Absolutely! Just because someone is feeling sad on St. Patrick's Day doesn't mean they have to miss out on all the fun. They can still participate in traditional activities like wearing green, cooking Irish dishes, or watching a movie. They can also create new traditions that bring them joy and make the day special for them.

Is "Sad Saint Patricks Day" a common occurrence?

While many people do experience a happy and festive St. Patrick's Day, it's important to remember that not everyone will have the same experience. For some, this holiday may bring up difficult emotions or reminders of past events. It's okay to not feel happy on St. Patrick's Day, and it's important to be understanding and respectful of others' feelings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • sarahsellcm
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy