• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Customer Satisfaction with Strategic Out of the Box Calls

In summary, the author of the article recommends doing out of the box calls 1 month after the show is submitted, and trying to call soon enough after a guest gets their products. They mention asking the guest if they have any questions, and offer to replace anything that is broken or missing. They also remind the guest where they met the guest at the show, and offer to order a replacement part for them.
jenf
I read something about out of the box calls and I was wondering about specifics. How long after a customer receives their order do you call? What exactly do you cover in the call?

I usually make my out-of-tje box calls about 1 month after the show. Time enough for them to have received and used their product, but not time enough time for them to forget me.

Same here, about a month after the show or the arrival of the products. I call and ask them about the products they received. I always pull my show folder and have the orders in front of me when doing that. If they booked a show I may have already been talking with them. If they did not do a booking then I will ask if they would like to hear about the upcoming host and guest specials. I then joke about whether they have come up with a few more items on a wish list and thought any more about hosting a show to get all of the things they want. If they say no I ask for referrals. I ask whether there is anything they would like to order or any products I can help them with.

I did well with these when I first started my business and then kind of slacked off lately. I need to get back into the groove because they were helpful keeping that connections and occasionally getting orders or even a booking.

I have been trying to do this but can't seem to figure out what to say...what wording to use...anyone??

Do you get good results?

I try to call soon enough after a guest gets their products, but before time runs out to return something to PC where they pick up the shipping tab....so within 30 days of the show being shipped. I just say I was calling to thank them again for their order, making sure that they received the order from their host and seeing if they had a chance to use anything yet. If they haven't used it yet, I encourage them to at least take things out of packages and give them the "once over" to make sure everything looks good. I tell them if something doesn't look right or is broken to call me right away so I can arrange for it to be replaced. I also ask if they have any questions about anything.

If you feel like it "fits" into your conversation, be sure to mention upcoming specials and let them know as a host, they never have to pay full price. It can't hurt to throw a booking line in there.

Hope that helps!:)

I do my out of box calls 3 weeks after the show was submitted.
These are some things that i always try to remember to say
-remind the guest where you met her at
-have the order form in front of you where you can actually say have you had a chance to open that "food chopper" yet ?
-I always let them know that they need to go ahead and open the product just incase it's broken.
-ask if they have any questions

Thats about all i do on my oob calls. you can talk about booking if you get a chance.

Hope this helps!

I did my first OOB calls today, I'm in SSI. Thanks for your suggestions, they really helped. I also looked up the replacement parts for anything that was purchased and made sure to tell the guest "not to worry if you lose this or that, just give me a call and I can order a replacemment for you right away."

I didn't get any bookings out of this batch, but one guest asked me to order her a replacement Batter Bowl lid. I hope this helps to keep me in mind when she ever thinks about buying or hosting!

Rebecca

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been keeping up with the OOB calls lately. But, I just had a customer from my last show (June 16th) call me and ask where her products were. I was shocked! The host had called me and was so happy the products arrived so quickly. I took care of a broken stone for her. Now I find out she hasn't delivered all the products to everyone. I was so embarrassed. What can I do? I left a message on the hosts answering machine. I told the customer to call me by today if she has not heard from her. So, definitely make those calls and make sure they have actually received the products.

I saw a good tip on this website--to actually tell the guests at the show you will be calling in 30 days or wahtever so they are expecting it--that would help me to not feel like I was bothering them or stalking them:D

That is a good idea Chef Susan! Anything that makes me not feel like a pampered pest is good with me!

Related to Maximizing Customer Satisfaction with Strategic Out of the Box Calls

1. How can I ensure my out of the box calls are effective in maximizing customer satisfaction?

In order to make the most out of your out of the box calls, it is important to first establish a clear goal or objective for each call. This could be to gather feedback, address any issues or concerns, or simply to thank the customer for their business. Additionally, make sure to personalize the call by using the customer's name and referencing specific details about their purchase or experience. Finally, make sure to actively listen to the customer and address any questions or concerns they may have.

2. How often should I be making out of the box calls to my customers?

The frequency of your out of the box calls will depend on your specific business and customer base. However, a good general guideline is to make at least one call after every purchase or interaction with a customer. This shows that you value their business and are committed to their satisfaction. Additionally, if you notice any issues or concerns with a particular customer, it may be beneficial to reach out to them more frequently to address these issues.

3. How can I make my out of the box calls stand out and be memorable for my customers?

One way to make your out of the box calls more memorable is to add a personal touch. This could include sending a handwritten note or including a small gift or coupon with the call. Additionally, make sure to be genuine and sincere in your communication with the customer. A friendly and personalized approach can go a long way in making a lasting impression on your customers.

4. How can I use out of the box calls to gather valuable feedback from my customers?

Out of the box calls are a great opportunity to gather feedback from your customers. Make sure to ask open-ended questions that allow the customer to share their thoughts and opinions. Additionally, be sure to actively listen to their feedback and take notes. This information can be used to improve your products or services and show your customers that their opinions are valued.

5. How can I measure the success of my out of the box calls in improving customer satisfaction?

One way to measure the success of your out of the box calls is to track any changes in customer satisfaction metrics, such as customer retention rates or reviews. Additionally, you can also ask for direct feedback from customers after their out of the box call to see if their satisfaction has improved. It may also be helpful to compare the results of out of the box calls to those of other customer service strategies to see their effectiveness in improving satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • erinhoward
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • chefmickey1