• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Along the Lines of Not Liking to Make Phone Calls...

In summary, customers should call when it's most convenient for them. Some people try to call at certain times of the day, but other people find that it's better to call when the customer is available.
TheFreddiesCook
When is the best time to call customers that have not told you what's the best time to call? My best time to call is in the AM, in the afternoon I have kids homework, activities, dinner, etc... And so I think customers are doing the same so afternoons are a bad time... What do you think? What do you do?

If they haven't specified, do what time works best for you. The important thing is that you try. Sometimes I'd put off making calls because "the best time to reach people is between 7-9pm", but if I wait till then, my house is crazy, the kids are screaming, DH is oblivious-or still not home from work, or I'm trying to put kids to bed. :D

If they don't give you a time to call, call when it's most convenient for you. You can always leave a message. If you try in the morning without any luck, you can try another time another day.

Two notes. First, never assume that anyone else's schedule is like yours. Each of us has our own daily schedule. Afternoons are often good for me. Sometimes mornings are best. Other days only evenings will do. Second, do what's best for you within reason. The best time for me to call is actually about 5:15 a.m. By then I've exercised and done my devotions. However, I've only had one customer for whom that was also a good time to call.

I know I sound like a broken record, but it reminds me as much as anyone else,....having said that, one of my Tammy Stanley CDs (and I think her Carpe Phonum book)- she talks about making those calls and WHEN. When she was doing her DS business, she had 3 small children (soon to be 4) underfoot. She said she tried the 'block of time' route but like most of us have discovered, it just doesn't work! So she would just have her stack of slips/numbers ready, and then when she had 5 minutes here or 10 minutes there, she'd make a phone call or two. She said it worked really well for her. This is my problem- blocks of time...while SOMETIMES are going to work- they will have to be on MY timetable and I'll take what I get. Otherwise, I'll be doing the 5 min/10 min here & there way. And like Rae said, if they aren't home, I can try another timeslot. Just keep notes of when you called so you know next time.Tammy also talks about "When you think of a specific person and that you need/want to call them, do it as soon as you think about it - or as soon after as possible. When I started doing that, I often discovered that they would say something like "I was just thinking about you/your product", or they had a need I was able to fill." (paraphrasing from memory- not exact quote) That always has struck me - I personally feel maybe there's some truth to that- that our "inner voice" or spirit- whatever you choose to call it- is speaking to me about that person for a reason- and it's a POSITIVE voice, not a negative. Listen to it.Now, I'm going to work on taking my own advice this week! (Doing a blitz with my cluster - PLUS..there is a snow/ice storm potentially hitting our area this weekend starting Friday...our area shuts down at the HINT of snow/ice...so people will be home!! :D Is it bad to be excited about that??)

U-G-H! I can always talk myself out of making calls. Finally, I made myself make my calls today. I started at 12:10 and had 3 live conversations by 12:30. 2 want me to call back tonight after they speak with their adult children about co-hosting, 1 said no to signing right now. Yeah! Hey, at least she isn't stringing me along. She gave me a recruit lead and tips for a booking. She also is coming to my meeting with the recruit lead if the lead comes...

Anytime is good. Just as anytime can be bad. Just ask "Is this a good time?" or "Do you have a few minutes?"

I usually go with, "Are you interruptible?"

I prefer to make calls during the day (I feel as though I'm on 'work' mode then), but I know I need to start doing at least once a week evening calls... I've been leaving lots of messages, or talking to someone who says that the person I'm trying to reach is at work during the day.
My problem is that in the evening I'm either busy myself, or I'm 'winding down' and don't feel like getting on the phone... So tomorrow evening I'm just going to 'bite the bullet' and make those calls that I've been avoiding!! I have a list of the on my Outlook calendar...

1. Why do some people not like to make phone calls?

There can be a variety of reasons why someone may not enjoy making phone calls. Some individuals may have social anxiety or a fear of talking on the phone, while others may find it more time-consuming or inconvenient compared to other forms of communication.

2. How can I overcome my dislike for making phone calls?

One way to overcome this dislike is to practice and gradually increase the frequency of making phone calls. Another approach is to identify the root cause of the dislike and find ways to address it, such as using a script or preparing talking points before making a call.

3. Are there any alternatives to making phone calls for business purposes?

Yes, there are various alternatives such as email, video conferencing, or messaging apps. It's important to find the method that works best for you and your business needs.

4. What are some tips for making phone calls more efficient and effective?

Some tips include preparing talking points beforehand, being concise and clear in your communication, and actively listening to the other person. It can also be helpful to schedule calls during times when you are most comfortable and focused.

5. How can I make phone calls more enjoyable and less stressful?

One approach is to add a personal touch to the call, such as starting with a friendly greeting or asking the other person about their day. Additionally, practicing deep breathing or other relaxation techniques before making a call can help reduce stress and make the experience more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ejleinenbach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies