• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Call 3 Year Old Contacts?

you might be interested in our new hosting options!If they have not talked about hosting:We had talked...maybe you would be interested in one of our new hosting options?
ilovpc
Gold Member
Today, after going thru my customers list (for booking blitz) I realize that I have customer from shows I did 2 - 3 years ago and never follow up with them:eek: Do you thinkg it's too late to call them now:confused: If I call, what can I say to them? I need bookings and I want to come up with a short and friendly script that goes right to the point, but without sounding desperate or pushy? Do you have any suggestions? Or is it too late to call? :(

As always, thank you very much!!!

It's never too late. Simply say, "I was going through some paperwork and realized it's been quite a while since we talked. Are you enjoying your PC products?"On a silly note, I looked at the title of your thread and thought, "Gee, very few 3-year-olds buy PC." LOL!

raebates said:
It's never too late. Simply say, "I was going through some paperwork and realized it's been quite a while since we talked. Are you enjoying your PC products?"

On a silly note, I looked at the title of your thread and thought, "Gee, very few 3-year-olds buy PC." LOL!

I thought the same thing! I had to re-read it! LOL!

And it's never too late to call a contact. And notify them that we have some great new products out for this season and you'd love to show them off to her and her friends.

Also, there are usually scripts for calls in the consultant news and on consultant's corner.

I think it's a great time (never a bad time in my opinion). A great ice breaker would be to see what they bought 3 years ago and find a fabulous new companion for it. Say something like, "So Suzy, how are you enjoying your DCB? I use mine so much I don't know what I did without it! Did you know that since you got yours, we've come out with some spectacular products that partner perfectly with it? We have a new cookbook just for the DCB for one thing, and our mix n chop and salad choppers are terrific with many of the recipes that call for the dcb. You know, we have a recipe for fajitas that will knock your socks off! What do say about getting some friends together to learn this recipe? And, I'll show you how you can make homemade salsa in seconds using our newest, most spectacular product, our Manual Food Processor! What do you say..."

This is great advice, and if you don' contact them someone else will. I have had old leads that I don't call because it has been years and then I run into them and they mention they have used another consultant. Talk about kicking yourself!

raebates said:
It's never too late. Simply say, "I was going through some paperwork and realized it's been quite a while since we talked. Are you enjoying your PC products?"

On a silly note, I looked at the title of your thread and thought, "Gee, very few 3-year-olds buy PC." LOL!

Hehehe!!! After I posted this I went to bed and tought about what I just wrote and was laughing about my title :D Sorry for the confusion.

Rae, what do you say when you reach an answering machine? I need a script because I tend to ramble. ;) This week is my week to get caught up on calls. I have several shows from April & May where I didn't follow up with people. Plus I want to go back to my old shows and touch base with customers. I'm celebrating my 3rd anniversary w/ PC and thought I'd tell people that I'm going through my records and trying to update things before I send out my next newsletter. Not sure how to put all things together. But my main concern is what I'm going to say when I inevitably reach those darn voice mails. ;)

I really like what Rae posted ( "I was going through some paperwork and realized it's been quite a while since we talked. Are you enjoying your PC products?")
and I think you can still use it when getting the voice mail. I would just add "Sorry I missed you" and "I will try again later". Maybe you can say "I hope you are enjoying your PC products!"

I'm going to try this tonight when I make my phone calls.

Thanks everyone for your responses. If anyone has anything else to add, please do so, as I'm like Amanda and always need to have a script in front of me :)

Essentially, I say the same thing, adding:

If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.
If they have talked about hosting I'll include:

We had talked about the possibility of you hosting a party of your own. Is that something you're still considering? If so, I'd really enjoy getting your party scheduled.
About joining the business:We had talked about the possibility of you starting your own PC business. Is that something you're still considering? If so, I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Essentially, I say the same thing, adding:

If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

If they have talked about hosting I'll include:

We had talked about the possibility of you hosting a party of your own. Is that something you're still considering? If so, I'd really enjoy getting your party scheduled.

About joining the business:

We had talked about the possibility of you starting your own PC business. Is that something you're still considering? If so, I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

I LOVE this thread. I have been struggling to keep my business going for the past 6 months (submitting shows maybe every other month) because life has been busy and I have not MADE the TIME to make calls. (I guess you can say I make excuses of other things I need to get done :eek: ). (The past 2 years have been a "busy" time).

I have started working part time in the eves to earn a consistent income (but they are only giving me 6-10 hours instead of the 25+ hours I need, ggrrrr). Having 3 children, ages 8, 5, and 2 makes it impossible to find a full time day job to earn the income. My dream is to make my Pampered Chef business a full time career. I know that in order to have a consistent show schedule, I need to be consistent with my phone calls).

I seem to struggle with the phone calls because I am usually only calling the same booking leads over and over, and getting their voicemails, over and over. I also know that in order to actually reach at least 3 contacts a day, it will take more than dialing just 10 numbers, but I guess I have a fear of calling those "old" contacts.

These posts just gave me the boost I need :). Thank you!! (Oh, and now I just have to organize a call list for the next day, which is another thing I need to get good at).

Bren706 said:
I LOVE this thread. I have been struggling to keep my business going for the past 6 months (submitting shows maybe every other month) because life has been busy and I have not MADE the TIME to make calls. (I guess you can say I make excuses of other things I need to get done :eek: ). (The past 2 years have been a "busy" time).

I have started working part time in the eves to earn a consistent income (but they are only giving me 6-10 hours instead of the 25+ hours I need, ggrrrr). Having 3 children, ages 8, 5, and 2 makes it impossible to find a full time day job to earn the income. My dream is to make my Pampered Chef business a full time career. I know that in order to have a consistent show schedule, I need to be consistent with my phone calls).

I seem to struggle with the phone calls because I am usually only calling the same booking leads over and over, and getting their voicemails, over and over. I also know that in order to actually reach at least 3 contacts a day, it will take more than dialing just 10 numbers, but I guess I have a fear of calling those "old" contacts.

These posts just gave me the boost I need :). Thank you!! (Oh, and now I just have to organize a call list for the next day, which is another thing I need to get good at).

I hear ya!! That's my story too....always busy, always an "excuse". Granted, I feel my family is priority and thankfully, the income is just a luxury for us at this time, but I still want it to be more consistent.

A tip for the call-list....I plan to go back to my shows from this year and print a "Show Summary" for each one so I have a list of each guest, and what they bought. I'll make customer care calls with everyone within the 30-days, the 1-yr mark, and THEN I am going to start going back to the ones older (looking at warranties, etc if possible - so if they DO have a problem, I can help them resolve it in time.)

We'll see how it goes. This is my month (and part of July- but I need July shows, so need to call THIS month) to do this....my schedule is much lighter. Come August, everything ramps back up again full-blast.

I am sooooo glad I read this thread. It has given me the motivation I needed. After a busy weekend of graduations, baby showers and work at my part time eve job, I picked up the phone today and called a customer that had placed a $200 order back in Nov. '09. She was so happy to hear from me and wants to see a new catalog so that she can order a few things.

I will continue my calls tonight, calling past hosts from 2-3 years ago, as well as calling customers with bounced e-mail addresses. (She hasn't received my newsletter in a couple of months which is when I switched to the PWS newsletter :( )

Oh, and I should add. I had left her a voicemail, and she called me back 5 minutes later :)

1. Should I still call my 3 year old contacts?

It depends on the nature of your relationship with those contacts. If they are family or close friends, it is always a good idea to stay in touch and maintain the relationship. However, if they are acquaintances or former colleagues, it may not be necessary to continue calling them after 3 years.

2. How often should I call my 3 year old contacts?

It is completely up to you and your personal preferences. Some people like to stay in touch with their contacts regularly, while others may only reach out on special occasions. Consider the nature of your relationship and how often you both communicated in the past to determine the frequency of your calls.

3. What if my 3 year old contacts don't remember me?

It is possible that your contacts may not remember you after 3 years, especially if you did not have a strong connection or regular communication. In this case, it may be best to remind them of who you are and the context of your relationship before continuing the conversation.

4. Is it appropriate to reach out to my 3 year old contacts for personal reasons?

Again, this depends on the nature of your relationship and the reason for reaching out. If it is for a celebration or to catch up, it may be appropriate. However, if it is for personal gain or to ask for a favor, it may be best to consider the appropriateness and the comfort level of your contact before making the call.

5. Should I call all of my 3 year old contacts at once?

It may be overwhelming for both you and your contacts to receive multiple calls all at once. Consider spacing out your calls over a period of time to avoid bombarding your contacts. Additionally, it is important to prioritize and only call those contacts with whom you have a strong relationship or a genuine desire to reconnect with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JAE
  • PamperedK