• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Desserts for a Wedding!!

In summary, the host is planning a wedding for her daughter and wants non-traditional desserts. The speaker is unsure of how to price the desserts and is seeking suggestions. They mention some dessert ideas and discuss potential ways to make a profit from the desserts. The conversation also includes a suggestion for tuxedo strawberries as a cute and easy option.
ChefNic
HELP! I have a host that is having a show for her daughter who is getting married in October. They have asked me to make desserts for the wedding. She had been to a wedding before that didn't have the traditional wedding cake, instead they had many different desserts. That is what she wants and she wants ME to make them!! It is sorta scary since she would need about 25-30 desserts... maybe 5 or 6 different ones, but make a few of each one. Any suggestions out there? I would have to make them ahead obviously...not the day of. But I don't have say 5 Deep Dish Pie Plates for example. I don't even know where to begin to put a price on this. What would I charge her? I want the desserts to be classy enough for a wedding too. I thought about the Tuxedo Brownie Cups, Creamy Lemon Supreme(Celebrate) also the Lemon Blueberry Triffle in a pretty trifle bowl...HELP!

For my son's rehearsal dinner, I fixed the wonton things with yogurt and berries (I'm not at home, so can't find the name). They were in the last SB, I think. Anyway, they're very pretty.

Wow, that will take a lot of time! Holy cow. I guess it gets your name out there (if you're somehow able to "advertise"), but how else would earn $$ from it? It is nice to be asked, but hopefully it'll be worth it for you!

I would suggest looking around and see what other places in the area charge for their desserts and go with something around there. Congrats, I was recently asked to make a wedding cake for someone my aunt knows, but it is the weekend I will be leaving for conference so I would have had to make it ahead and wouldn't have been a good idea in case anything happened :( (I took a cake decorating class from someone that owned a cake decorating store about 9 years ago, but haven't done a whole lot recently. Anyway, if they like their chocolate, maybe make mini black forrest cakes with the new prep bowl sets or muffin pan. I am not sure if you are making these desserts individually, or wanting to make whole ones, but it's an idea, maybe you could make the bride cake with the batter bowl or the prep bowls also.

Tuxedo StrawberriesThe tuxedo strawberries (found on Consultant's Corner on the downloads page) are super cute and very easy. They should be made the same day they are served, but they go really fast if you have a helper. My 9 year old daughter helps by drying the strawberries and handing them to me one at a time.

1. How far in advance should I start making the desserts for a wedding?

It is recommended to start making the desserts at least a week in advance. This will give you enough time to prepare and assemble everything without feeling rushed.

2. Can I make the desserts ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, many desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Just make sure to properly wrap and seal them to prevent freezer burn.

3. How many desserts should I make per guest?

A good rule of thumb is to have at least 2-3 desserts per person. This will ensure that there is enough for everyone, and even some leftovers for those with a sweet tooth.

4. Should I offer a variety of desserts or stick to one type?

It is always a good idea to offer a variety of desserts to cater to different tastes and dietary restrictions. Some popular options include a mix of cakes, cookies, and fruit-based desserts.

5. How can I ensure that the desserts stay fresh during the wedding?

Make sure to properly store the desserts in a cool and dry place until it is time to serve them. You can also consider setting up a dessert station with refrigeration to keep them fresh throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCCHeather0506