• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making New Brie Recipe Nut Free

In summary, if you want to make a nut-free brie recipe, you can use toppings such as fresh herbs, dried fruits, honey, or savory jam. You can also substitute almond flour for regular flour and use certified nut-free ingredients. Additionally, you can use different types of cheese and cook the brie according to your preference. Just be mindful of any potential allergens and adjust ingredients accordingly.
Auburn
Hey all,

I brought the Pepper-pecan Brie to a friends place on Friday and WOW...people loved it. One of the guests is now hosting a show but has a friends with a nut allergy. Any thoughts of what I could use instead of pecans? All the variations call for nuts..which is frustrating as I am finding more and more people asking for nut free shows.

Thanks,
Tara

Call the test kitchens...I know the nuts are nice addition, but I'm not sure they are necessary. Maybe they could be omitted.

The nuts add texture. How about using pretzel pieces? Or chopped apple? It's not in the oven long enough for the apple to get too soft, and it will add some tartness to it, too.

chefann said:
The nuts add texture. How about using pretzel pieces? Or chopped apple? It's not in the oven long enough for the apple to get too soft, and it will add some tartness to it, too.

OMG that sounds DELICOUS!!!! I may have to try it those ways.

I made the one with the mustard and brown sugar and hated the mustard in it. :yuck: But the apricot one is delicious.

PRETZALS instead of nuts!! I use them for my family who has a nut allergy. I use them in brownies etc.....

What ingredients can I use to make a nut-free brie recipe?

To make a nut-free brie recipe, you can use ingredients such as fresh herbs, dried fruits, honey, or even a savory jam as toppings. You can also use breadcrumbs or crackers instead of nuts for a crunchy texture.

Can I substitute almond flour for regular flour in a nut-free brie recipe?

Yes, you can substitute almond flour for regular flour in a nut-free brie recipe. Almond flour adds a nutty flavor and a crispy texture, making it a great alternative to regular flour. Just make sure to check the consistency of the dough and adjust the amount of flour accordingly.

How can I ensure that my brie recipe is completely nut-free?

If you have a severe nut allergy, it is best to use ingredients that are certified nut-free or prepared in a nut-free facility. You can also check the labels of all the ingredients you use to make sure they do not contain any nuts or traces of nuts.

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of brie in a nut-free recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese instead of brie in a nut-free recipe. Some great alternatives include cream cheese, goat cheese, or even a mild cheddar. Just make sure to adjust the other ingredients and seasonings accordingly to complement the different cheese.

Are there any specific cooking methods I should follow to make a nut-free brie recipe?

No, there are no specific cooking methods you need to follow to make a nut-free brie recipe. You can bake, grill, or even pan-fry the brie according to your preference. Just make sure to keep an eye on it to avoid burning the toppings or the cheese.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • sddmom2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sddmom2
Replies