• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Secret to a Successful Holiday Party? Tangy Pepper Brie Recipe!

In summary, the guests loved the Tangy Pepper Brie recipe, but some complained that it had a sour taste due to the rind.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
I had my first show where I made the Tangy Pepper Brie recipe. Totally easy and yummy. Majorly going to be one I personally make this holiday season for my own entertaining.

The guests loved it and I sold 3 large round stones with handles!

A tip I would offer: if you are having the host purchase the ingredients, make certain they know to purchase a ROUND of brie. Although this was on my instructions, the host purchased just the more standard wedge. Fortunately she bought 2 so there was at least a reasonable amount of the brie to go around. But, because it was not in the nice round shape, I think it melted a bit more than it was suppoose to.

Still yummy though, not a smidgen left!

This has been a huge hit! I have also found that it is easy to heat past where it needs to be and even tho it still tastes great... it's much harder to serve so I am watching that very closely now.

I have been meaning to try this... I've never tried brie cheese before so I was leary but I will definitely give this a shot this weekend. I'll try it on my 3 little ginuea pigs!

I had one show where there was just a little bit left and the hosts two teens came in and cleaned it out! Nearly everyone loves it. I want to try the brown sugar version too.

quiverfull7 said:
I had one show where there was just a little bit left and the hosts two teens came in and cleaned it out! Nearly everyone loves it. I want to try the brown sugar version too.

That is what I did at home - I liked it!

I'm making it tonight for a sip and dip or bites and bevs party- can't wait to try it and hear the reviews for it!?

I'm looking forward to trying the additional recipes of this. I'm pregnant & not supposed to eat soft cheeses right now, but I should be having the baby in the next week or two, so those are on my list!

Glad to hear people like it.
I love brie, but didn't know if the majority of guests would...I'll have to make it for friends, they are guinea pigs for me!! LOL And if it goes well, i'll do it too! Sounds TOO easy!

I earned the Lg.Stone w/handles, but I thought i'd leave it in the box, in case some day my other lg.r.stone broke. ...or if someone wanted to buy it!...???
Are you all liking it better than the other round stone? Is it just as storable?
--- is that a word?? LOL

For me, the brie recipes have also been a big hit. Cooked it too long on Tuesday and it "collapsed". Still tasted good. Everyone really liked it.
I love the large round stone with handles. It fits in my skinny stone cupboard just fine. I didn't even have to take anything out to get it to fit. The handles don't really stick up that far. I love not dealing with the rack. I think PC will make all the flat stones with handles. At least I hope they do.

Attached is the recipe I prefer... it looks really festive for the holidays and demos cookware and the stone... It's from the old Celebrate! cookbook. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 300
THis sounds WONDERFUL! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

finley1991 said:
Attached is the recipe I prefer... it looks really festive for the holidays and demos cookware and the stone... It's from the old Celebrate! cookbook. Enjoy!

Can you say: YUM!!! Can't wait to try it...

pamperedgirl3 said:
I'm looking forward to trying the additional recipes of this. I'm pregnant & not supposed to eat soft cheeses right now, but I should be having the baby in the next week or two, so those are on my list!

As long as it's pasteurized, it's okay. :)

Ok...last year I tried the brie recipe and about gagged. I just couldn't handle the rind on the cheese!

Now, this year I tried this recipe at my Director's house and it was YUMMY! So, last night I made it here...and again, it TASTES LIKE FEET! I even cut off the rind (I know I wasn't supposed to...) but the small pieces of the rind that were left just ruined it for me...Did I get a nasty brand? Or is it all just nasty?

Sorry...I hate to be a downer...but I don't think I can promote something that I just can't stand to taste! Any suggestions? I know that our crescent wrapped recipe you could substitute cream cheese, but with this new recipe I think it would melt all over the stone!

I seem to remember seeing a substitute in a recipe for brie, but I don't remember where. Sorry, I'm not going to go look right now, either. :)

Someone in my cluster said that she thought you could use cream cheese in place of the Brie...only thing is you would need to put it in something...maybe sm oval baker...I would like to try it I just haven't yet.

On the question of the use of the large round stone with handles...one thing I noticed -- and granted it was the first time I used it -- was that the handles cooled more quickly than the actual stone...making it easier to handle without potholders.

Can anyone else confirm this??? I am using the stone again on Sunday for the same recipe so can double check this "feature".

I would NOT leave the stone in the box....this thing will sell to stoneware lovers when you show it.

Oh all my friends and relatives love the brie recipes. I make them twice a week. They are great. SOOOO YUMMY. Fattening..but yummy

OMG! How ymmy is that recipe! I got to try 1 piece and I LOVE IT! People were scraping the stone clean to get every last drop! LOL I am definitely going to make it again at our next put luck function!

Last edited:
Hey JillyeSue How are ya? Long time no see around here! :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brie, and it is awesome if you serve it with grapes on the side, but yes the rind does taste horrible if you get a big chunk of it. I made both recipes, and the Tangy Pepper one was a HUGE hit, the Brown Sugar one is normally my favorite ( when i make it with MY recipe), but I absolutely HATED the one in the Seasons Best. It calls for Dijon Mustard, and I think it was waaaaaaaaay too much. I am even wondering if it was a typo because in one of the other cookbooks it has a brie recipe in it, kind of similar, and it only calls for one TEASPOON of dijon. In the Seasons Best it calls for one TABLESPOON. It was gross. I think it overpowered it and ruined it for me.

JAE said:
I seem to remember seeing a substitute in a recipe for brie, but I don't remember where. Sorry, I'm not going to go look right now, either. :)

I think the SB cookbook says you can use Camembert cheese instead of Brie, if you want. It supposedly has a milder flavor.

The Camembert is milder, although it still has the rind on it--so if it's the rind that you don't like, I don't know of another substitute.

I made the Brown Sugar-Dijon recipe for a party last week & it went fast!!! Somehow, I left home w/out my almonds, but the host had peanuts & decided--what the heck. It was delicious! Now I'm not sure I'd make it w/almonds, because the peanuts were such a great complement. And I'm not a huge roasted peanut fan (I'm from the south, so I prefer them boiled!).

Oh, & I used the full T. of Dijon.

I make the Tangy Pepper Brie recipe last night at my show and I forgot the apricot jelly:eek: My host had raspberry jelly, well everyone LOVED it!! Not even a drop was left! I told everyone that I changed the recipe. I even had someone book a show in December and she wants me to make it with the raspberry jelly;)

PS I had a $1,655.00 show!!

1. How do I make a Brie appetizer with Pampered Chef products?

To make a delicious Brie appetizer with Pampered Chef products, you will need a Brie baker, a small wheel of Brie cheese, and your choice of toppings such as jam, honey, or nuts. Preheat the oven to 375°F and place the Brie cheese in the Brie baker. Top with your desired toppings and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with crackers or bread.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese with the Brie recipe?

While the Brie recipe is specifically designed for Brie cheese, you can certainly experiment with different types of cheese such as camembert or goat cheese. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as different types of cheese may have different melting points.

3. Can I make the Brie appetizer ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Brie appetizer ahead of time by preparing it up until the baking step. Simply cover the Brie baker with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap and bake as instructed.

4. What is the best way to clean the Brie baker?

The best way to clean the Brie baker is to let it cool down completely after use. Then, scrape off any remaining cheese or toppings and wash with warm soapy water. Do not put the Brie baker in the dishwasher as it may damage the stoneware.

5. Can I use the Brie recipe for a dessert instead of an appetizer?

Absolutely! The Brie recipe can be easily adapted for a sweet dessert by topping the cheese with fruits like berries, apples, or pears, and drizzling honey or chocolate on top. Serve with crackers, bread, or even cookies for a delicious sweet treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jackieblue
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • Get_Pampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies