• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Nut Allergy Friendly Party: Oreo Truffles

In summary, my host on Sunday just advised that her nephew will be in attendance and he is severely allergic to nuts. Her dessert that she was intending to make will no longer work and she would like something quick and easy to make, as she will also be demoing the tangy pepper pecan brie (sans pecans). I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for recipe ideas. I was thinking perhaps making the oreo truffles ahead of time and then letting the guests use the coating trays and tool to dip their own truffles.the oreo truffles are amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. and can be very hands on also.the
ChefLaur
My host on Sunday just advised that her nephew will be in attendance and he is severely allergic to nuts. My dessert that I was intending to make will no longer work and I would like something quick and easy to make, as I will also be demoing the tangy pepper pecan brie (sans pecans). I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for recipe ideas. I was thinking perhaps making the oreo truffles ahead of time and then letting the guests use the coating trays and tool to dip their own truffles.

the oreo truffles are amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. and can be very hands on also.

vwpamperedchef said:
the oreo truffles are amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. and can be very hands on also.
Recipe please? Haven't heard of this one. Chocolate chip sensation would be another good one - just don't put nuts on the top.

I had warm nutty caramel brownies planned for a show and due to an allergy just replaced the nuts with mini choc. chips - no one minded the extra chocolate (served it with vanilla bean ice cream of course!)

1 regular size pkg. of double stuffed oreos
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (not a tub)
a dash of vanilla
Chocolate for dipping

The "real" directions say to chop the oreos with the food chopper, but I just put mine in a large Ziploc bag, and smash them to smithereens. Once I've done that, I add the cream cheese and vanilla and smush it all up together. Then I take my small scoop and scoop balls of it onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place that in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Melt the chocolate, and dip the truffles in the chocolate, and then place them back on the parchment to dry.

(this was taken from ChefBecky from another thread). There is a whole thread on Oreo Truffles from probably Dec. 07. Go to search and type Oreo Truffles. Its about 1/2 way down!

YUM!

I did the warm nutty brownies with pretzels, they were really good. I also offer Chocolate Chip Sensation and let the host pick out what she wants to top it with (hershey's bar grated in DCG, hershey syrup, chocolate chips, m&m's, etc). There should be different kind of triffle recipes that don't involve nuts if you have the triffle bowl.

vwpamperedchef said:
1 regular size pkg. of double stuffed oreos
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (not a tub)
a dash of vanilla
Chocolate for dipping

The "real" directions say to chop the oreos with the food chopper, but I just put mine in a large Ziploc bag, and smash them to smithereens. Once I've done that, I add the cream cheese and vanilla and smush it all up together. Then I take my small scoop and scoop balls of it onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place that in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Melt the chocolate, and dip the truffles in the chocolate, and then place them back on the parchment to dry.

(this was taken from ChefBecky from another thread). There is a whole thread on Oreo Truffles from probably Dec. 07. Go to search and type Oreo Truffles. Its about 1/2 way down!

YUM!

I did my oreos with the mix n chop in a bowl, works really good. I always have a problem accidently ripping the bag when I do it like you mentioned. The truffles are very very good! It was taking too much time to dip the whole truffle in the chocolate so I ended up just dipping the tops. White almond bark was a bigger hit than the chocolate almond bark ones I made.

My family is addicted to the Truffle Brownie Bites from SB.But I am going to have to try the Oreo Truffles - they sound soooo good!

you could also use resse's peanut butter cups instead of oreos (for those of you not allergic to nuts). I havent tried it, but it does sound so yummy

1. Can you guarantee that the Oreo truffles are completely nut-free?

Yes, we take great precautions to ensure that our Oreo truffles do not come into contact with any nuts. Our kitchen is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before making the truffles, and we use only ingredients that are certified nut-free.

2. Are the ingredients for the truffles clearly labeled for any potential allergens?

Yes, all of our ingredients are clearly labeled with any potential allergens. We also provide a list of all ingredients used in our truffles so that guests can double-check for any personal allergies.

3. Can I bring my own nut-free ingredients to use during the party?

While we appreciate your efforts to keep your party nut-free, we cannot allow outside ingredients to be used in our kitchen. However, we are happy to work with you to find alternative recipes or options that are safe for your guests with nut allergies.

4. Are there any other allergens present in the kitchen that I should be aware of?

We take all allergies seriously and ensure that our kitchen is sanitized and free from any potential allergens. However, we do use dairy products in our truffles, so please let us know if any of your guests have a dairy allergy so that we can provide alternative options.

5. How can I let my guests know about the nut-free options at the party?

We recommend including a note on the invitation stating that the party will have nut-free options available. You can also mention it in any party planning or communication leading up to the event. We are happy to provide a list of the nut-free options that will be available upon request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sddmom2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sddmom2