• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make the Turtle Pretzel Candies Today for Tomorrow Evening?

Did you use a silicone baking mat? If so, did it make a difference?I'm sorry to hear about your impending birth! :(The candies were sticky because of the humidity. I let them cool completely before putting them in the container. They seem to be sticking better now that they are dried. No, silicone baking mats did not make a difference.
ChefJoyJ
I have my mystery host appreciation show tomorrow evening. I want to make some things ahead of time so that I'm not overly stressed. I was wondering if the turtle pretzel candies would be okay made today??

I'm making the brownie truffle cups today, and saving the mini ham puffs, tangy pepper pecan brie, and cran-razz fizz for tomorrow.

Thanks guys!! :)

Yes, they'll last for days.

That sounds like a great menu!:thumbup:

And yes, the candies are fine made ahead!

Thanks guys for getting back to me so fast. I plan on making them while DD is eating her lunch (I learned they're super quick to make) and the brownie bites while she is napping. Appreciate the reassurance!! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Sounds like a great menu! :thumbup:

Thanks! I hope so! :) I wanted simple, but yummy...but emphasis on simple. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, and found out at my doc appt yesterday that I'm 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced. :eek: She said she wouldn't be surprised if I delivered within the next week. We'll see! :)

I've actually made these ahead and put in sealed container in fridge. Just let them raise to room temp before serving though or someone could chip a tooth, they get pretty hard. Good luck on your upcoming precious arrival!

This is good to know, as I am going to make some before my event in a couple of weeks.

I have a fundraiser event in a couple of weeks I thought these would make a great treat as well. Thanks!

I'm glad I asked the question then!! :)

I made them today....tornado sirens going off all around. They are in a plastic container with a lid and they seem very sticky. Is it the humidity?

Did you let them cool completely before putting them in the container? If they're sticky take them out of the container and let them air dry on a cooling rack before you return them to the container.

Related to Can I Make the Turtle Pretzel Candies Today for Tomorrow Evening?

1. Can I make the turtle pretzel candies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the turtle pretzel candies ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

2. Can I freeze the turtle pretzel candies?

Yes, you can freeze the turtle pretzel candies. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make the turtle pretzel candies?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make the turtle pretzel candies. However, a baking sheet and parchment paper or silicone baking mat are recommended for easy clean-up.

4. Can I use different types of chocolate for the turtle pretzel candies?

Yes, you can use different types of chocolate for the turtle pretzel candies. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate all work well. You can also use chocolate chips or candy melts.

5. How do I store the turtle pretzel candies?

The turtle pretzel candies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If the weather is warm, it is best to store them in the refrigerator to prevent the chocolate from melting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies