• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Brie with Nuts & a Jalapeno Pepper Flower: Recipe Demo Help!

In summary, the recipe works fine without the nuts, but it's not possible to put them on half and have it stay that way.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I'm making the featured brie recipe for a host tomorrow evening. She requested it. She has however asked me to do half without the nuts. Will the recipe turn out ok without the nuts? Hs anyone seen the recipe demoed where the jalapeno pepper is cut into a flower shape and placed on top of the brie before baking? My director mentioned it but I just can't seem to visualize it??? Any thoughts on it? TIA:)

I made the jalapeno brie without the nuts, it works fine. At my last show that I did the brie at, I found smaller wheels of brie. I did one with nuts and one without. Worked fine. I think the jalapeno flower on top would be cool! Just remember to use gloves when you are doing your garnish!

Great idea. Thanks for the reminder!

I made the brown sugar variation at home here and it was good too.

I recomend using twice the Jelly my director said it wasn't enough. So the only way I have made it is with extra jelly. I also took quite a few of the veins out to give it good taste without all the bite.

It's pretty impossible to do half without the nuts. You could make two and do a second one without the nuts.

I have to tell you I did this recipe at a show I did this past week. I had NEVER tried it prior to the show (I know, bad me). I did watched it on the F/W DVD that we received with our fall paperwork. It looked so easy on the video and I wanted to use the new large round stone with handles so I thought "what the heck, how hard could it be". Well ladies everyone at the show loved it. It was absolutely scarfed up. Very quick and easy recipe. I really love that PC sends us the DVD.

I didn't think I would like this recipe at all, but turns out it is one of my very favorite recipes in the new SB. It's hard for me to convince hosts that it is a great demo. They have the same look on their face as I did when I first saw it. I have already made it at 1 show and 3 times at home or for family and I already bought more to make when my Mom comes to visit on Wednesday. When my sister was here we actually ate it as a meal. We were so hungry and too tired to make anything else.:eek:

Oh and I agree it would be impossible to put nuts on half and have it stay that way. It's not very big and when you serve it everything kind of melts and mushes together.

1. How do I prepare brie with nuts and a jalapeno pepper flower?

To prepare this recipe, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, take a wheel of brie cheese and slice off the top rind to expose the cheese inside. Place the brie in a baking dish and top it with your desired nuts, such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts. Next, take a jalapeno pepper and carefully slice it into thin rounds, leaving the stem intact. Arrange the pepper slices on top of the nuts in a circular pattern to create a flower shape. Bake the brie for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with crackers or bread for dipping.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

While brie is the recommended cheese for this recipe, you can certainly use a different type of cheese if desired. Soft cheeses like camembert or even goat cheese can work well with this recipe. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the type of cheese you use.

3. How can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

To make this recipe vegetarian-friendly, simply omit the nuts or replace them with a vegetarian-friendly alternative, such as chopped dried fruit or toasted breadcrumbs. You can also use a vegan cheese alternative in place of the brie.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

While this recipe is best served fresh and hot out of the oven, you can make it ahead of time by preparing the brie and arranging the nuts and jalapeno pepper slices on top. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. When you're ready to serve, simply preheat the oven and bake as directed.

5. What other ingredients can I add to this recipe?

For added flavor and variety, you can add other ingredients to this recipe, such as dried cranberries, honey, or balsamic glaze. You can also experiment with different types of nuts, herbs, or spices to create your own unique twist on this recipe. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jackieblue
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • CookingwithMary