• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

SLAH Party Menu Help: Fondue, Brie, and More for Tuesday's Bash!

In summary, the SLAH consultant is bringing her Fondue Pot and they are doing Chocolate Fondu with all sorts of dippers. They are also serving a lemonade/gingerale punch, water, and wine. They are thinking maybe some raw veggies and dip since the brie and shrimp recipes are pretty rich.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm having a SLAH party on Tuesday and need a little help with my menu. The party starts at 6:30 so I want to have something good and filling for my guests. My SLAH consultant is bringing her Fondue Pot and we are doing Chocolate Fondu with all sorts of dippers. I'm also serving Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie, Cheesey Shrimp and Grits casserole (not PC, but made in the Rect Baker ;) ) I'm having a lemonade/gingerale punch, water, and wine. I feel like I need one more thing to round-out the menu - anyone have any good ideas? I'm thinking maybe some raw veggies and dip since the brie and shrimp recipes are pretty rich.

Please include the recipe with any suggestions too.

Thanks!

And, you are more than welcome to come if you are in the area :D

for my SLAH party last year I served Tex Mex Chicken Bites and the Lemon Herb Ckn Ring and the Pumpkin Spread w/Cinn Chips

What about just a big green salad? Maybe not all that exciting but it might go well with the casserole.

My first thought was a salad too...it would go so well with your other YUMMY dishes. Too bad I am too far away to come. Shrimp and grits? I would be there in a heartbeat!! Your friends are lucky!

Speaking of your shrimp and grits...can you share your recipe?

KellyTheChef said:
My first thought was a salad too...it would go so well with your other YUMMY dishes. Too bad I am too far away to come. Shrimp and grits? I would be there in a heartbeat!! Your friends are lucky!

Speaking of your shrimp and grits...can you share your recipe?
I decided to go with a mixed green salad.

I'll be happy to share the recipe. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds really good (it's a Southern Living recipe....thought I'd at least throw her that bone since I'll be serving everything in PC products :D )

Cheesy Shrimp and Grits Casserole

4 cups chicken broth
1/2 t salt
1 cup regular grits
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (4 ounces)
1 cup shredded Monterey jack pepper cheese (4 ounces)
2 T butter or margarine
6 green onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb fresh small shrimp, peeled and cooked
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Bring 4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir together grits, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir together green onion mixture, grits mixture, shrimp, and next 3 ingredients.
Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.

Sounds delish!! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us...let us know how it all turns out!

1. How do I prepare the fondue for the party?

To prepare the fondue, start by shredding the cheese and mixing it with cornstarch. Rub the inside of the fondue pot with a garlic clove and then add the cheese mixture, wine, and other desired ingredients. Heat the fondue on low, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth and creamy. Serve with your choice of dippers.

2. Can I make the brie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brie ahead of time. To do so, wrap the brie in puff pastry and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the brie is melted.

3. What are some good dipping options for the fondue?

Some popular dipping options for fondue include bread cubes, vegetables such as carrots and broccoli, and fruits like apples and pears. You can also get creative and offer items like pretzels, cooked meats, and even marshmallows for a sweet twist.

4. Can I use a regular pot instead of a fondue pot?

While a fondue pot is preferred for the traditional fondue experience, you can use a regular pot as long as it is heat-safe and can hold the fondue. Just be sure to stir the fondue frequently to prevent it from burning.

5. How many people will this menu serve?

This menu is designed to serve 8-10 people. If you have a larger group, you may want to double the recipes or add additional dishes to ensure everyone has enough to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • lt1jane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sassypip
Replies