• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Nut-Free Easter Dessert Recipe

In summary, the conversation discusses the request for a nut-free recipe for a family gathering due to a relative's allergy. Multiple dessert options are suggested, including coconut macaroons, chocolate banana cream trifle, pina colada upside down cake, strawberry cream trifle, and tropical torte. The conversation also touches on the surprise of a new in-law and the participant's father's nut allergy.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Not necessarily for a demo, just your favorite nut free recipe. I've been assigned dessert duty for Easter this Saturday for 14 and my one b-i-l has a nut allergy. Not just peanuts but any and all nuts as far as I understand.

Help!

Trifles are so easy to modify and you can easily make them "nut free".

I just got a second place showing at a dessert tasting for this coconut macaroon recipe, which is also gluten free :)

Coconut Macaroons
2 large egg whites
Pinch of salt
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 bags shredded sweetened coconut (14-ounces each)

Directions
Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, fold in coconut until well combined.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Using a teaspoon and your fingers, form macaroons into 1 1/4-inch mounds about 1 inch apart.
Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

I would do the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. That is in the newest SBRC.

Is he allergic to coconut too? Sometimes people are when they are allergic to all nuts.

If not - the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is AMAZING! It will feed a good number of people (16-20) and it's so so good!

or what about the Strawberry Cream Trifle? That's a good Springy dessert too.

Thanks all! And thanks Becky I didn't even think to ask, but thanks to you I asked tonight and yes, he's allergic to coconut too!

So maybe a trifle. I really liked the chocolate banana trifle but his wife's allergic to chocolate (new wife I had NO idea until I called tonight!) UGHHHH!!

So no coconut, nuts, or chocolate. My goodness, is there ANYTHING left? I think I'll look up the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Does anyone know if it's in the trifle file or a past s/b? I thought I saw it mentioned before it was in a previous s/b. Oh well, I'm too tired tonight so I'll look tomorrow.

Keep posting if anyone comes up with another idea. Thanks so much! :)

Maybe the Tropical Torte with fresh pineapple would be a good choice. No nuts, no chocolate.

kcjodih said:
Thanks all! And thanks Becky I didn't even think to ask, but thanks to you I asked tonight and yes, he's allergic to coconut too!

So maybe a trifle. I really liked the chocolate banana trifle but his wife's allergic to chocolate (new wife I had NO idea until I called tonight!) UGHHHH!!

So no coconut, nuts, or chocolate. My goodness, is there ANYTHING left? I think I'll look up the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Does anyone know if it's in the trifle file or a past s/b? I thought I saw it mentioned before it was in a previous s/b. Oh well, I'm too tired tonight so I'll look tomorrow.

Keep posting if anyone comes up with another idea. Thanks so much! :)

Wait - your BIL has a new wife and you had no idea?

LOL - you could be a part of my family!:rolleyes:

My dad has a nut allergy too- I've never heard of anyone else with a nut allergy! (Peanuts are a legume, that's why they don't react to them)

1. Can you suggest a nut-free dessert recipe for a party?

Yes, our Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy nut-free option. You can find the recipe on our website or in our "All the Best" cookbook.

2. Is there a nut-free option for a main course?

Absolutely! Our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo is a crowd-pleasing dish that is completely nut-free. You can find the recipe in our "Good Eats" cookbook or on our website.

3. Are there any nut-free recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, we have a variety of nut-free recipes that kids love. Our Mini Deep Dish Pizzas and Chicken Tenders are always a hit. You can find these recipes in our "Kid's Kitchen" cookbook or on our website.

4. Can I substitute nuts in a recipe with a different ingredient?

Yes, you can easily substitute nuts with seeds, such as sunflower or pumpkin seeds, in most recipes. You can also leave them out entirely if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.

5. Are there any nut-free recipes that are also gluten-free?

Yes, we have a variety of nut-free and gluten-free recipes, such as our Quinoa and Black Bean Salad and Vegetable Stir-Fry. You can find these recipes in our "Gluten-Free Favorites" cookbook or on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Auburn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies