• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Dessert Recipe for 15?

In summary, a group of people are discussing dessert ideas for Father's Day. One person is looking for ideas that do not contain nuts, chocolate, or strawberries due to allergies. Suggestions are made for a Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle, Hawaiian Delight Dessert, Lemon Blueberry Trifle, Lemon Chiffon Dessert Squares, and Banana Pudding. The conversation also mentions making two different types of cheesecake, one with a fruit topping and one plain, and using Nutter Butter cookies instead of Vanilla Wafers in banana pudding. A recipe for cheesecake is also shared. Another person suggests a Tropical Dream Trifle with bananas, pineapple, and lime juice.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I've been asked to bring dessert for Father's Day for 15. It can't have nuts, chocolate or strawberries due to different allergies so I'm stumped and looking for ideas. My favorites are any of the trifles or the strawberry amaretto pastries but obviously can't do either of those.

Anyone have a brilliant idea for me?

I'm doing the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle for a show tomorrow night. You could just use blueberries and raspberries if there are no allergy issues with those. (leave out the almonds--which I did last time I made it anyway b/c I forgot!!)

Being the Dessert Diva I have to post on this one. Here are some ideas for you:

http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/PCRecipes/hawaiian_delight_dessert.htm

http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes3/lemon_blueberry_trifle.htm

http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/PCRecipes/lemon_chiffon_dessert_squares.htm

oops, forgot to mention that except for cherries (as in pie filling) or bananas, they're not fruit people. Sorry ladies but thanks for trying!

How about Banana Pudding? It is really a trifle but uses Vanilla Wafers...

kcjodih said:
oops, forgot to mention that except for cherries (as in pie filling) or bananas, they're not fruit people. Sorry ladies but thanks for trying!

I think that narrows you down to vanilla ice cream. LOL

DessertDivaFL said:
I think that narrows you down to vanilla ice cream. LOL

LOL! I think you're right!

Cheesecake!

You could do two, one plain and one with a fruit topping (even if it is just a can of cherry pie filling!). Ooh, you could do one plain and one pumpkin if you think anyone would go for it!

You could even do them in a 9x13 pan and cut it into squares if you wanted to make it go further...

I have a super-easy (and good) recipe if you need one.

kam said:

I found a cool spin on banana pudding - instead of using Vanilla Wafers, use Nutter Butter cookies. I cut the cookies in half lengthwise and then chop them up in to about six little pieces. As I cutting them, I scrape the crumbs from the cutting board in to a bowl and use the crumbs to sprinkle on top for garnishment.

Yes please, yes please, yes please! As long as it's foolproof because I've never made cheesecake. Even though I have Janet's recipe, I'm still too chicken. I've only made the non-cook kind with the creamcheese/whipped topping mix.

kam said:

Mmm.. that sounds yummy just for me!

OMG! Cheesecake is one of those things that looks a lot harder than it actually is. Bake it in a water bath so it doesn't crack or curdle, and everyone will be totally impressed.

taterbug said:
I found a cool spin on banana pudding - instead of using Vanilla Wafers, use Nutter Butter cookies. I cut the cookies in half lengthwise and then chop them up in to about six little pieces. As I cutting them, I scrape the crumbs from the cutting board in to a bowl and use the crumbs to sprinkle on top for garnishment.

Great idea!

My MIL's recipe (it's pretty standard!).

For quickness I tend to use the pre-made graham cracker crusts, but they're pretty easy if you wanted to do all from scratch. Here you can get them in a "regular" 8-serving size, and also a "10 servings" size. My recipe makes the normal size VERY full, I usually use the bigger crust to make it go a little further and reduce the calories/serving! But when I do the bigger size I always put on the sour cream topping.

Here goes!

Two 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened (I use the low fat with no problems).
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Topping (for bigger size crust. For reg. crust use only 1 cup sour cream)
1 1/2 cups sour cream (again, I tend to use lite)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese until creamy, mix in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy and smooth. Pour into crust. Bake at 350F for 25-30 mins, until set (can be slightly wobbly in the center).

Topping
Turn oven up to 450F. Mix all ingredients(!) pour gently over top of baked cheesecake, smooth carefully. Return to oven for 7 mins (Doesn't matter if oven isn't quite up to temp. yet.

I have a great pumpkin cheese cake recipe that I'll post later. It is basically the same ratio of c. cheese, eggs and sugar but with 3 blocks cheese. Got to run.

Annabel

I'm beating my drum for the fabulous Tropical Dream Trifle this time of year! Bananas, pineapple, lime juice - YUM! It's in the files.​

taterbug said:

Nutter Butters are peanut butter and she said there are nut allergies... It sounds nummy, but coming from the mother of peanut allergy, I know these are big no-no's... oh how we miss peanut butter!

Lemon bars might be good.

1. What is the best dessert recipe for a group of 15 people?

The best dessert recipe for a group of 15 people would be something easy to make and serve, such as a sheet cake or a fruit salad.

2. Can you recommend a dessert recipe that is both delicious and budget-friendly for a party of 15?

Absolutely! I would suggest making a batch of brownies or cookies, which are both affordable and crowd-pleasing desserts.

3. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have a dessert recipe for 15 that is gluten-free?

Yes, we have plenty of gluten-free dessert recipes that can serve a group of 15, such as flourless chocolate cake or gluten-free fruit crumble.

4. My party has a mix of adults and children, do you have a dessert recipe that will appeal to both groups?

Yes, a great option would be to make a build-your-own sundae bar with various toppings and ice cream flavors. This way, both adults and children can create their own customized desserts.

5. I want to impress my guests with a unique dessert, do you have any suggestions for a recipe that can serve 15 people?

A fun and impressive dessert option for a group of 15 would be a trifle, which is a layered dessert made with cake, fruit, and whipped cream. It's easy to make and can be customized with different flavors and toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcjodih