• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Quick Dessert Recipe for a November Show

In summary, the host is looking for an easy dessert that does not contain nuts or peanut butter. The recipe that the host was thinking of was the Bananna Cream Supreme, but it contains nuts and it would take too long to make. The host decided to try a carrot cake in the silicone pan and it was delicious. Another recipe that the host thought of was Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownies. The recipe was easy, delicious, and inexpensive to make. The last recipe that the host thought of was Pumpkin Pie ala Easy. The recipe does not contain nuts and it is very easy to make. The last recipe that the host thought of was Pumpkin Apple Dessert Pizza. The recipe is easy to make, has a delicious pumpkin and apple
pampered2007
Please help me find a recipe! Here's the scoop...I am doing an early November Cooking Show and the host is requesting an easy, inexpensive dessert. It cannot contain any nuts or peanut butter. All I can think of is the Bananna Cream Supreme and shave chocolate on the finish instead of using peanuts. I would rather have something that pertains more to Thanksgiving like pumpkin, but it seems like every cake I come across that sounds good either contains nuts or just takes to long to make. The show doesn't start until 7:00 pm so I really don't have much time to work with. I don't have the trifle bowl so any of those recipes are out. I do have the medium and large bar pan, fluted stone and the new silicone pan. Any ideas anyone??? Thanks

I would just do a simple carrot cake in the silicone pan.

This is a recipe I got from here (Chef Success). You can't get much quicker and easier than this:

LOW FAT PUMPKIN CAKE
15 oz can pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
1 very ripe banana
3/4 cups egg beaters
Fat Free caramel ice cream topping

Mix all but last and bake in Fluted Pan that has been sprayed with Baker's Secret. Cook in microwave on high for 13 minutes, then rest for 10. If you don't have a turntable, stop it a few times and turn it a quarter turn. Invert on serving plate and drizzle the caramel topping. Let it pool a bit around the edges for effect. Your family/friends will love you! (So will your heart and arteries). You can't really taste the banana, but it adds moisture and sweetness to the cake.​

Do you have the 12" skillet?

Actually, I've also made this in the 9x13 baker too....

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie.

Just go to files, and type in Molten...it will come up!

It's easy, delicious, inexpensive....serve it with ice cream.

Do you have the muffin stone?

Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets are quick and easy in the muffin stone

....or the Spiced Pumpkin Dip....type in Spiced in files, and both of those come up...both VERY good, and inexpensive to make.

How about Pumpkin Pie ala Easy? It is in the file section. I just wouldn't add the pecans. I have never made it (but had it at a show many years ago) so I don't know how "ala easy" it really is.

There is also the recipe that circulates on here to mix 1 spice cake mix (dry mix only) with 1 can pumpkin and make little mini muffins.

I really love Pumpkin Apple Dessert Pizza. You can do it on the Bar Pan instead of the Lg Round Stone if you prefer. You can also have the cookie-base baked ahead of the demo for a REALLY quick recipe!

Pumpkin Apple Dessert Pizza
1 (18-ounce) package sugar cookie dough
1 cup Pure Pumpkin
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup small, peeled, cored, thinly slice green apple
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon caramel flavored ice cream topping

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Press cookie dough into 10-inch circle on Large Round Stone. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; prick with Baker’s Roller Pastry Tool. Cool on Stackable Cooling Rack.

Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and Korintje Cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl and mix till smooth with Mix N Scraper. Spread over pizza crust to 3/4 inch from edge with Large Spreader. Mix apple slices (sliced with APCS) with remaining sugar and dash cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; place on pizza. Chop nuts with Food Chopper and sprinkle on pizza.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes; remove from oven. Drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into wedges with Pizza Cutter. Serve warm.

Makes 12 servings

Go for the Pumpkin Trifle...I made it at a show on Friday, and it was a huge hit!

Deep Covered Baker Easy Dump Cake

2 cans of PIE filling ( any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 Stick butter or margarine

Combos:
Apple pie filling+ yellow cake
Apple pie filling+ spice cake
Peach pie filling+ yellow cake
Cherry pie filling+ chocolate cake ( my personal FAVORITE :))
Etc…. you get the idea

Put pie filling in bottom of DCB, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top ( I melt my butter in my micro-cooker). All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes, then keep covered for 5 more minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 minutes and my clock timer for 8 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
You can sprinkle the Pampered Chef Cinnamon or Carmel Sprinkles on for flavor too :)

This is super easy and super yummy!!!

Enjoy :)

merego said:

Combos:
Etc…. you get the idea

Put pie filling in bottom of DCB, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top ( I melt my butter in my micro-cooker). All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes, then keep covered for 5 more minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 minutes and my clock timer for 8 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
You can sprinkle the Pampered Chef Cinnamon or Carmel Sprinkles on for flavor too :)

What size can of pie filling? 2 of the small ones?

21 oz, sorry
this is my recipe for all November :)

Can the Pumpkin Apple Dessert Pizza be made without the walnuts?? My host is requesting no recipes that contain nuts or peanut butter. My show is also an interactive show and I think this recipe would be great!

Also, this may be a silly question...but can the Pumpkin Trifle be made in anything besides the Trifle Bowl? I don't have one.

I have made the Pumpkin Pie a la Easy before and it is wonderful! But it does require quite a while to bake and then it has to cool some.

The problem that I have is I need a recipe that little next to no time to prepare.

What about a sundae bar? Use the ice cream scoop to scoop the ice cream, warm toppings in the small executive skillet, put candy or sprinkles in the simple additions, put whipped cream in the EAD, etc. Search through here for more details.

I think warm desserts are better this time of year though personally.

Can you use the Rectangular Baker for this recipe too???

Apple Bundles (it is still apple time)

When I do these, I will prepare then at home except for the cinnamon on top & baking them.

When I get to the host house, I have the host sprinkle the cinnamon sugar with the flour/sugar shaker on the apple bundle and then have her bake them. They will be about finished when the guest arrive and the smell in the house makes the guest hungry, very hungry

The are quick, easy and cheap.

:chef:

QUOTE: "Can the Pumpkin Apple Dessert Pizza be made without the walnuts?? My host is requesting no recipes that contain nuts or peanut butter. My show is also an interactive show and I think this recipe would be great!"

YES! I actually do not make it with nuts because I am deathly allergic! But I always tell guests about that step and talk about the Food Chopper anyway or bring along something small like half an onion to show how it works.

pampered2007 said:
Can you use the Rectangular Baker for this recipe too???

for what recipe? :)

I just did a pumpkin cake for a show.... 15 oz can pumpkin, spice cake mix... 1/2 tsp cin. plus... mix all together, put in fluted stone, micro for 13 minutes, let rest 10, then topped with caramel sauce and let people put their choice of caramel or cinnamon sprinkles and cool whip in the EAD. They loved it! It really was good. Mixed it up in the SS bowl with the Mix 'n Scrape. Quite a bit of product, plus they get to play with the EAD. Watch the sprinkles though, I think it's the caramel ones that contain Almonds... if someone has allergies, you might not want to offer those.

merego said:

Combos:
Etc…. you get the idea

Do you serve (keep) the cake in the DCB or do you invert it onto a serving piece?

1. What is the quickest dessert recipe for a November show?

The quickest dessert recipe for a November show would be our Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip. It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and requires minimal ingredients.

2. Is there a dessert recipe that can be made ahead of time for a November show?

Yes, our Cranberry Apple Crisp can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator until the show. Just reheat it in the oven for a few minutes before serving.

3. Can I make a dessert recipe that is gluten-free for a November show?

Absolutely! Our Flourless Chocolate Cake is a delicious and gluten-free option that can be made in just 30 minutes.

4. Are there any dessert recipes that use seasonal ingredients for a November show?

Yes, our Caramel Apple Trifle is the perfect dessert for a November show. It features seasonal apples and a homemade caramel sauce.

5. Do you have any dessert recipes that are easy to transport for a November show?

Our Pumpkin Spice Bars are a crowd-pleasing dessert that can easily be transported to a November show. Just cut them into squares and pack them in an airtight container for easy transportation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies