• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Your Own Christmas Cracker - Fun Gift Ideas for Everyone!

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of creating homemade Christmas crackers using PC products as gifts or party favors. The suggestion is to use a rolled up microfiber towel tied with ribbon and filled with small items such as i-slices, twixits, and paring knives. The conversation also mentions the excitement and popularity of Christmas crackers, as well as the possibility of using empty toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls for the shape. Some participants are not familiar with Christmas crackers and ask for clarification, while others suggest using pre-made crackers for door prizes at parties. The original poster plans to use the idea at a show and is interested in hearing feedback from others who have tried it.
rennea
Gold Member
I just love Christmas crackers. I spend all my time looking for the good ones, not the ones with the cheap plastic toy inside but the ones with all the fun goodies inside. I'm always amazed how excited people are when you give them one. I like to put them on everyone's plates at christmas and thanksgiving. So I have an idea:

I'm going to take one of our microfiber towels and roll it up like a cracker and tie the ends with ribbon. Inside I will put small things like i-slice, twixits, paring knives, etc. What do you think??

I am having a show on the 18th and am trying to come up with some more gift ideas to display. I like the idea of the microfiber towel so you just aren't left with a lot of paper but something useful.

That is such a cute idea!

(but without the noise!)

Ooooh, that is a great idea! You could really put whatever in it! Scrapers, bamboo spoons, whisks, possibilities are endless. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Are you selling them? Or just displaying to give ideas?

I think you should email this idea to HO - I bet they'd put it in the weekly bites!

I guess I don't know what crackers are? Would you do this as a give away or just to share ideas with guests?

I like the idea... you could also show folks how to do it with cloth napkins and utensils. Might be very handy for folks who have buffet type meals (perhaps having the utensils in the middle of the 'cracker'?)... or even fun sit down meals so folks will go "hey.. where's my fork?" and the fun of opening (and then using! LOL) their napkin too. LOL

try saving empty tp rolls and paper towels rolls(cut to length) so the shape is smooth

I think it is time for lunch... it took me a minute to get what you were saying because all I could think of was... "mmmmm... crackers... with soup..." <giggle>

Can someone explain what a "cracker" is? I'm like Katie and thinking about saltines and cptn's wafers. I'll probably get it when I see what it is. I feel left out right now though....

ragschef said:
Can someone explain what a "cracker" is? I'm like Katie and thinking about saltines and cptn's wafers. I'll probably get it when I see what it is. I feel left out right now though....

Christmas Crackers

Huh, Never heard of them!!!!!

They're a British thing, primarily.

Thanks for clearing this up. I've never seen them before, but they look like a pretty good idea!!

If you have watched Martha Stewart or read her meg's she has made them before. She or should I say people on her staff have made some pretty nice ones in the past.

I went over to washington state las holiday season and found some really fun ones, and while I was in London last month I found some as well.

I would just like to put a PC spin on them:)

I would love to see your assembled version and how they work.

When I saw this thread I thought it was a cookie thread...never heard of Christmas crackers. Now that I see it I am reminded of 4th of July "poppers" that the kids buy.

Shawnna said:
I would love to see your assembled version and how they work.

I to would like to see what they look like all finished.
Schel

I am not sure, but I think you can buy cracker that you can fill with whatever you like. That would be good for door prizes to have an actual cracker that they can break open with PChef goodies inside.

Try at party supply stores...

rennea said:
I just love Christmas crackers. I spend all my time looking for the good ones, not the ones with the cheap plastic toy inside but the ones with all the fun goodies inside. I'm always amazed how excited people are when you give them one. I like to put them on everyone's plates at christmas and thanksgiving. So I have an idea:

I'm going to take one of our microfiber towels and roll it up like a cracker and tie the ends with ribbon. Inside I will put small things like i-slice, twixits, paring knives, etc. What do you think??

I am having a show on the 18th and am trying to come up with some more gift ideas to display. I like the idea of the microfiber towel so you just aren't left with a lot of paper but something useful.

Did you try these out for your show on the 18th? If so - how were they received by guests?

PCGINA said:
Did you try these out for your show on the 18th? If so - how were they received by guests?

I did, and they went over great!! I sold 10 microfiber towels. I also sold lots of small spoons and small whisks etc so people could fill their "crackers".

I've never heard of Christmas Crackers but it looks like a good idea! I thought I knew alot...........apparently not.

I recently had a show, I took the small whisk, filled it with Hershey's kisses, and attached a tag with ribbions "We whisk you a Merry Kissmass". I sold several for teacher gifts.

rennea said:

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but use a toilet paper roll to put your stuff in and that will give it the right shape.

What materials are needed to make a Christmas cracker?

To make a Christmas cracker, you will need cracker snaps, tissue paper, cardboard tubes, ribbon or string, small gifts or trinkets, and decorative elements such as stickers or glitter.

How do I assemble the Christmas cracker?

Start by cutting a piece of tissue paper to the desired size and place it flat on a table. Then, place the cardboard tube on top of the tissue paper and fill it with gifts or small trinkets. Next, carefully roll the tissue paper around the tube, making sure it is tight. Use ribbon or string to tie the ends of the cracker. Finally, add any decorative elements to personalize your cracker.

Can I customize the gifts inside the Christmas cracker?

Yes, you can personalize the gifts inside the Christmas cracker to make it even more special. You can include small items such as candies, chocolates, mini toys, or even handwritten notes or jokes.

Are there any alternative materials I can use to make a Christmas cracker?

If you don't have access to cracker snaps, you can use paper towel or toilet paper rolls as an alternative. You can also use tissue paper or wrapping paper instead of cardboard tubes. Just make sure the materials are sturdy enough to hold the gifts inside.

Can I make Christmas crackers in advance?

Yes, you can make Christmas crackers in advance. It is recommended to assemble the crackers a few days before Christmas to ensure they stay fresh and intact. However, if you are using perishable items inside the cracker, it's best to make them closer to the gifting date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amya
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcdes
  • ugosherri
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies