• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for Christmas Walk: Batter Bowls & More!

In summary, the speaker is discussing their preparations for a local Christmas walk where they will have a booth. They mention planning for gift packages and gift ideas, specifically mentioning batter bowl cooking mixes. They ask if it's possible to double the recipe for the small batter bowl and use it in a large one. They also ask for suggestions for other gift groupings. Another person suggests making the batter bowls as samples and taking orders for them, and shares prices for the large and small versions. They also suggest other holiday displays such as trifle bowls with Christmas balls or a pillar candle, small batter bowls with mix n bake recipes, and bamboo square bowls with grinders and sea salt. They also mention using prep bowls filled with Epsom salts,
mrssyvo
I will have a booth at our local Christmas Walk, the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I am planning now. I am trying to put together gift packages, gift giving ideas- and I am thinking about batter bowl cooking mixes- I have 2 large batter bowls, would it be possible to take the small batterbowl recipe and double it, and put in large bowl? I am not sure I want to order small BB, when I have the large ones.

Also, along those lines, what other gift groupings do you suggest?

I would make up the batter bowls as SAMPLES and then collect orders for them. Charge a small fee for the assembly and DO IT YOURSELF!!

$22 for Large Brownie Batter Bowl
$18 for Small Brownie (or whatever) Batter bowl

(I just made up a price, you can determine what works best for you)

Put a gift tag on it "Great for teachers, bus drivers, daycare provider or church teachers"

check out CC - great things there from Deb Lilly

Here is what I am thinking for holiday displays:
-Trifle Bowl with Christmas Balls OR a pillar candle on the stem with cranberries around it.
-Small Batter Bowls with Mix N Bake recipe in it - tied with a bow
-Bamboo Square Bowl, with Grinder and SeaSalt - tied in a bow
-PrepBowls filled with Epsom Salts
-Small Bamboo Spoons, dipped in chocolate, set in Dots Cups - wrapped
-Silicone Trivet - tied in a bow (to make a stocking) - with Kitchen Tools in it
-Medium Bar Pan with boxed Brownie Mix and Mini Serving Spatula

great ideas- for the large batter bowl, do you double the recipe?

stefani2 said:
Here is what I am thinking for holiday displays:
-Trifle Bowl with Christmas Balls OR a pillar candle on the stem with cranberries around it.
-Small Batter Bowls with Mix N Bake recipe in it - tied with a bow
-Bamboo Square Bowl, with Grinder and SeaSalt - tied in a bow
-PrepBowls filled with Epsom Salts
-Small Bamboo Spoons, dipped in chocolate, set in Dots Cups - wrapped
-Silicone Trivet - tied in a bow (to make a stocking) - with Kitchen Tools in it
-Medium Bar Pan with boxed Brownie Mix and Mini Serving Spatula

good ideas thanks

I was just saying on another thread that I am doing mugs filled with micro and oven recipes made in the mug. My mom found a book called Mug m's and they are so cute. I am not sure what to sell them for but last year I did the small batter bowls for $20 and they didn't sell. Any more ideas would be awesome!

Can you share some of the Mug recipes??? That's sounds like something I know would go over well here as gifts.... Thank you

My only suggestion on this would be to make sure the cup you put it in is oven safe up to the temperture you need to bake. I had a friend make these and she missed that step, ended up having to tell people after she gifted them because some people may not be aware and there could be an accident in the oven scary.

Sue- I wouldn't double the recipes in the classic BB, just because then the recipient has to find a much larger bowl to mix it in. You can get plastic cones from Current (current.com) or other sources (Oriental Trading might have them, too), that hold 1 quart. You can put the ingredients in there with a tag for the instructions, and place that in a batter bowl. Heck, you could put 2 different ones in there!I had cake mugs available at a craft show I worked last year. They were popular, but not as much as I had hoped - I still have a few (and I need to throw out the mix since I doubt it's any good any more). I made up the mix for the 1 minute cakes (I'll put it below), and put 2 baggies of the mix into each Coffee and More Cup. The I wrapped them in holiday cellophane and tied one small bamboo spoon to each. I sold them for $15.One Minute Cake Mix
In mixing bowl, combine 1 standard cake mix (18 oz) and 1 4-serving size instant pudding mix (3 oz). DO NOT USE SUGAR FREE PUDDING. It will throw off the measurements. Mix well with a whisk. Portion into small bags, putting 1/2 cup of the mix into each bag. Add the following directions.One Minute Microwave Cake
Empty bag of mix into Large Mug. Add 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 egg (small, if you have them). Mix well to combine. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until center is set. Eat! For an extra treat, top with ice cream.

Ann, Thank you for the recipe. I think I will make up a couple of them. Also, I think I have decided to just make up the gift packs in the new mini-catalog, for gift giving ideas, and take orders. I will put them together for them if they want before I deliver, but I do not want to have to worry about trying to figure out what will sell, and what wont.

I will have to get the books from my mom to put the recipes out there. There were about 50 recipes at least. The mugs would be ours of course. They say that they are micro, dishwasher and oven safe (warming temp) All the recipes were for micro or oven at 350 degrees here in Canada (whatver that is in US measurements) I think it will be ok. I am going to try one this weekend and see if the mug breaks in 1/2 or what will happen.

The SA pieces are oven safe only to 250˚F, so any recipe that calls for baking at 350˚ could cause them to break.

Good to know. I could still put the microwave ones together. There were a few of those!

1. What is the best gift for someone who loves to bake?

The best gift for someone who loves to bake would be our Batter Bowl Set. It includes three different sizes of mixing bowls with lids, perfect for mixing and storing ingredients. The bowls are also microwave-safe and dishwasher-safe, making them a convenient and practical gift for any baker.

2. Can I purchase the Batter Bowl Set individually or only as a set?

The Batter Bowl Set is only available as a set, but you can also purchase additional individual sizes of batter bowls. This allows for customization and flexibility in choosing the perfect gift for your loved one.

3. Are the batter bowls made of high-quality materials?

Yes, our batter bowls are made of durable stoneware that is designed to withstand frequent use in the kitchen. They are also lead-free and safe for food use, ensuring the health and safety of your loved ones.

4. Is there a warranty for the Batter Bowl Set?

Yes, our Batter Bowl Set comes with a one-year warranty. If there are any defects or issues with the product, we will be happy to replace it for you. Just make sure to keep your receipt as proof of purchase.

5. Can I have the Batter Bowl Set gift-wrapped and sent directly to the recipient?

Yes, we offer gift-wrapping services for an additional fee. You can also have the gift shipped directly to the recipient's address, with the option to include a personalized note. This makes it a hassle-free and thoughtful gift for your loved ones this Christmas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CABean03
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
CABean03
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies