• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are batter bowl mixes a great holiday gift idea?

We figure we'll take the total and subtract our cost to get the profit, then subtract the discount (ie: if they buy 3, they get $3.00 off) and then divide that amount by 3 (to figure out what our profit will be per bowl).In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of taking orders for batter bowl mixes and delivering them in December. Different consultants share their experiences with the idea, some offering trail-mix versions or holiday-themed recipes. Prices and discounts are also mentioned, with some consultants including shipping and taxes in their prices. Some mention the need to have a food license when selling these mixes. Overall, the idea is seen as a successful way to boost sales during the holiday season.
lmklipfel
Ok... so I don't have alot of shows for December but I am working a craft fair this weekend and was thinking about taking orders for batter bowl mixes and making them myself and delivering them in December since I don't have alot of parties. WHAT DO YOU THINK????

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe charge $15 or $16 or so. $11 for the batter bowl + $4-$5 more to cover the cost of ingredients, tax and part of shipping. If you order them all on one order you can combine the shpping and you can always use your discount on it as well. You won't really make much profit but you'll sell some bowls and should cover your costs.

I posted a great flyer about the batter bowls and I am easily getting $22 each. I have sold almost 50! Kristi

Attachments

• Homemade for the Holidays Batter Bowl Gift Mixes.doc
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 771
I am doing this also. I put the PDF for the batter bowls in my November Newsletter. So far I have orders for 20 - just from the email. I was charging $15 to cover the cost. My main goal was to boost sales. I am also offering a trail-mix version for non-bakers! Good luck!

Could you send out the recipe for the trail mix? What a great idea.

This sounds like a GREAT idea!! I'm going to include this in my next newsletter and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

This is a great idea! I think I'll have to try it!

Okay, I have a question for those of you who are already doing this. When you advertise that you're selling the batter bowl mixes, do you give them a deadline for their orders so that you can have them all done around the same time, or do you just do them as they come in?

I like this idea but another thread stated that you might have to have a food license in order to sell them. You might want to check into first.

I will, thanks!

I also forgot to ask... Is there anyone who is making a few in advance to sell? I have a Holiday Bazaar in a couple of weeks, and I'm thinking of making a few to have just in case someone wants to see them before ordering (or wants to buy it there, of course). I just didn't know how this worked for everyone else.

ahammons said:
I will, thanks!

I also forgot to ask... Is there anyone who is making a few in advance to sell? I have a Holiday Bazaar in a couple of weeks, and I'm thinking of making a few to have just in case someone wants to see them before ordering (or wants to buy it there, of course). I just didn't know how this worked for everyone else.

I had only one (cookie mix) set up for my display.I did have the other options printed and laminated so they could see the options available. I had one lady purchase 4 batter bowls so she can make them as gifts.

Mduran said:
I am doing this also. I put the PDF for the batter bowls in my November Newsletter. So far I have orders for 20 - just from the email. I was charging $15 to cover the cost. My main goal was to boost sales. I am also offering a trail-mix version for non-bakers! Good luck!

I would love to do this for my December newsletter - could you please share your November newsletter?? Thanks in advance! My email address is in my signature.

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
I posted a great flyer about the batter bowls and I am easily getting $22 each. I have sold almost 50! Kristi

Is the $22 with the different utensils attached??

momoftwins said:
Is the $22 with the different utensils attached??

No. With each attachment, it says how much $ to add. Kristi

The recipes for Harvest Pumpkin Bread, Cowboy Chili, Celebration cookies, Brownies and Minestrone can all be found on Consultants Corner along with all the gift tags. Kristi

I had just started a thread on this earlier today! My hubby talked it over and this is how we worked out our prices:

For the total package, we're looking at:
$11.00 - Batter Bowl
$4.00 (approx) - Shipping
$0.75 (approx) - Tax
$13.50 - Ingredients, gift tags, bow, instructions, labor

TOTAL: $29.25 (approx.)

The more they buy, the greater the discount.

Related to Are batter bowl mixes a great holiday gift idea?

1. What are the benefits of selling batter bowl mixes?

Selling batter bowl mixes is a great way to offer convenient, pre-measured ingredients for customers looking to save time and effort in the kitchen. These mixes also make great gifts for friends and family, and can help boost your sales and commissions as a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. How do I sell batter bowl mixes at a Pampered Chef party?

You can showcase the batter bowl mixes at your party by demonstrating how easy and delicious the recipes are. You can also offer samples for guests to try and have them available for purchase at the end of the party. Don't forget to mention the benefits of having pre-measured ingredients and how they can save time in the kitchen.

3. Can I personalize the batter bowl mixes for my customers?

Yes, you can personalize the batter bowl mixes by adding your own touches to the packaging, such as ribbon or a personalized label. You can also suggest different recipe variations or use the mixes as a base for your own creations.

4. What types of batter bowl mixes are available?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of batter bowl mixes, including breakfast mixes, dessert mixes, and savory mixes for meals like casseroles and soups. Our mixes are made with high-quality ingredients and are free of preservatives, artificial flavors, and colors.

5. How can I market the batter bowl mixes to my customers?

You can market the batter bowl mixes by showcasing them on your personal website or social media pages. You can also offer special promotions or bundle deals to entice customers to try them. Don't forget to mention the convenience and time-saving benefits of using these mixes in your marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • Kandio
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mrssyvo