• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair/Holiday Open House Idea - Batter Bowl Mixes

My biggest concern is that people will buy them on the spot and not want to order them. I have a mini catalog that I give out with orders and talk about how the batter bowls can be a fundraiser for the group. I also talk about the pretzel wreaths and how they can be bought as a souvenir.
Kandio
I have a couple craft fairs and a holiday open house coming up and I was thinking of doing something with the batter bowl mixes either displaying them and taking orders or having a bunch made up to sell. I know a lot of people like to take something home with them, but I don't know how profitable it would be to have a bunch made up to sell and then no one wanted a certain mix. I'm not sure here, has anyone else done this?

Thanks,

Kandi

Make 1 of each style, MAX. Craft fairs are only going to garner $-$$ in crafty items you make. Your real wish, is that folks would BOOK with you - or RECRUIT with you. So-- turn it into a cooking demo!

Do the Choc.Pretzel wreaths, talking to whomever like it is guests at a show - you will laugh at yourself doing the demo for a little kid, but mom who is nearby is noticing that you are paying attention to the kid, and you've peaked her interest too. Make up a batch of Cranb Almond bark - it's showy, and you can make that "tree" thing they show in the mini catalog.

Your director can buy at 40% off; possibly ask him/her to get you some batter bowls for cheap. Whenever I show the batter bowl mixes, I always talk about them as a fundraiser boost - that it is one aspect of a fundraiser, where all the group gets together and does an assembly line /factory style making bulk quantities of the bowls to sell for $15-20 each.

Good luck; God Bless you!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Holding stock for craft fairsI'm in exactly the same position. I have lots of christmas craft fairs booked. I did one last weekend and although I did manage to get a few bookings, I felt that people wanted to buy something on the day and not wait for orders, plus if it was me I might be hesitant handing payment over at a craft fair for something to be ordered. It has been suggested to me that I wrap something nice for a raffle -gives me the opportunity to grab someones attention and start talking, and stock up on sale/outlet items that can be sold as well but only as an easier way to get attention and generate bookings or recruits.

Good luck.

I made up a batter bowl for display and the pretzel wreaths in my 3 tiered stand. I only had one person that actually inquired about buying the batter bowl. I gave away the pretzel wreaths with orders (had 2) and to people that showed interest in booking a party.

Hi Kandi,I have done something similar at craft fairs and open houses with great success. My suggestion would be to have a variety of batter bowl mixes made up and displayed for people to see and taste. You can also have order forms available for those who may want a specific mix or want to purchase more at a later time. This way, you can have a mix of both instant sales and potential future sales. It's always better to have more options available for your customers. Good luck with your events!Best,

1. Can I use any type of batter mix in the Pampered Chef batter bowls?

Yes, you can use any type of batter mix in the Pampered Chef batter bowls. They are designed to hold a variety of mixes, from cake and brownie mix to pancake and waffle mix.

2. Are the batter bowl mixes only for baking?

No, the batter bowl mixes can be used for more than just baking. They can also be used for making dips, dressings, and other recipes that require mixing ingredients together.

3. How many servings does each batter bowl mix make?

The number of servings varies depending on the type of mix used and the recipe. However, on average, each batter bowl mix can make 8-12 servings.

4. Can the batter bowl mixes be customized for dietary restrictions?

Yes, the batter bowl mixes can be customized for dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free or dairy-free mixes to accommodate those with allergies or dietary preferences.

5. Can I make my own batter mixes to use in the Pampered Chef batter bowls?

Yes, you can make your own batter mixes to use in the Pampered Chef batter bowls. Just make sure to follow the instructions and measurements provided in the recipe to ensure the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • lmklipfel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • Trish in Texas