• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Shop-a-thon: Find a Venue for Our Holiday Open House!

anything to keep them coming back for more. An email campaign or even a social media campaign that includes a giveaway (or multiple giveaways) is a great way to get people excited and coming to your event. An email campaign or even a social media campaign that includes a giveaway (or multiple giveaways) is a great way to get people excited and coming to your event.
Pampered Angel
I have several acquaintances in direct sales for other companies who have suggested that we have an open house together. I'm all for it, and have a couple others already booked this holiday season, but the problem with this one is that we have no where to have it. Our churches won't allow it b/c we are selling for profit, although I really like the idea of a 'Shop-a-thon, tent event'...any suggestions???? We're running out of time to get this planned and advertised!

Hotel banquet room?Town or neighborhood Community center?

Sheila, I considered a hotel banquet room, just not sure of the amount of traffic that would come through - have you ever tried it? Though I don't live in a large city, we do have a major interstate that runs right through, so it could work...I just don't want to bomb and waste our efforts. We don't really have a community center.

See if one of your local groceries has a club/demo room. My local store actually asked me to come in and do demos there. I also know here that our local Paralyzed Vets has a huge space to rent (and smaller rooms too). Do you know anyone in an apartment complex that has a clubhouse??

minirottie said:
See if one of your local groceries has a club/demo room. My local store actually asked me to come in and do demos there. I also know here that our local Paralyzed Vets has a huge space to rent (and smaller rooms too). Do you know anyone in an apartment complex that has a clubhouse??

Hmmm...opening up some thoughts in my mind ;) I knew the possibilities were out there - gonna run with these for a bit and see where we get...thanks SO much!!!

Pampered Angel said:
not sure of the amount of traffic that would come through

You are probably not going to generate "random foot traffic" regardless of where you have your event. Your success will depend on the amount of publicity you and the other vendors create. Emails, Facebook and other contacts with the customers for each vendor. You'll really need to emphasize that to all the participants.

I second checking with the local hotel(s). Senior Centers are a possibility. In our small town, Nursing homes have been hosting these kinds of events.

VFW Hall
American Legion
Park DistrictMaybe there is another church that will rent to you? I know my church won't let me do it either, but other churches around me will gladly open their doors.

Dance or Yoga Studio? YMCA?

minirottie said:
Dance or Yoga Studio? YMCA?

LOL I have one scheduled at our local YMCA the day before the date we've chosen for this one!

I will check with the hotels and maybe another church or two in the area. We do have a very dominant local dance shop and the owner's children are in school with mine, so that's a definite possiblility too...thanks for all the great ideas!

Pampered Angel said:
LOL I have one scheduled at our local YMCA the day before the date we've chosen for this one!

I will check with the hotels and maybe another church or two in the area. We do have a very dominant local dance shop and the owner's children are in school with mine, so that's a definite possiblility too...thanks for all the great ideas!

Maybe you should try and get a fundraiser going for the dance studio, as "bribery" for using the space :D

minirottie said:
Maybe you should try and get a fundraiser going for the dance studio, as "bribery" for using the space :D

That's an idea - even if they don't loan the space :)

Or at a school? If you guys were willing to offer a % to the PTA, they'd probably go for it!

Call your local chamber of commerce or city hall and ask them for recommendations. They don't have to know that your rental budget is nil! Any daycares or small restaurants or senior center?

Pampered Angel said:
Sheila, I considered a hotel banquet room, just not sure of the amount of traffic that would come through - have you ever tried it? Though I don't live in a large city, we do have a major interstate that runs right through, so it could work...I just don't want to bomb and waste our efforts. We don't really have a community center.

Nope, only done them in Japan at the local community center, the USO, school fundraiser functions, etc.

But I do agree that the ADVERTISING is what will make or break your event. All the consultants have to advertise to their customers. When I did these types of events in Japan, we did door prizes. Then you can give a ticket for coming, a bonus ticket if they came & gave a YES RSVP by a certain date, a ticket for bringing a friend, like 10-15 tickets if they booked a show ... I can't remember now, but so many tickets for every so many dollars spent. Like maybe 2 tickets for every $10?, etc. My first one, we advertised over $700 in giveaways and had a great turnout. All 7 vendors gave away a $100 package (of course it cost us less ~ that was retail value) and a few smaller prizes. They could buy more tickets at the door if they wanted. We had a buffet table set up with finger foods/snacks & that money paid for our event cost. The door prize donations were a tax write off for each of us. But the bookings off that type of event ... FUN!!!

Karen participated in the next one that the group did and she was smart! They handed out hand written invitations! Karen also hung the booking slide on the wall behind her booth. That night they had to go around to each table & learn a little bit about the business ... I guess get a stamp/punch for each table? Anyway, while she's talking about the business to someone, others are reading the booking slide. She'd turn to someone & have them announce that they needed to book a show before she even really had a chance to greet them. She ended up with a LOT of bookings that night!

1. What is a Shop-a-thon?

A Shop-a-thon is a special event where we bring our Pampered Chef products to a specific venue, such as a holiday open house, for customers to shop and purchase items in person.

2. How do I host a Shop-a-thon?

To host a Shop-a-thon, you simply need to find a venue for our holiday open house, such as your home, a local community center, or a friend's house. Then, invite your friends and family to come and shop our products at the event.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Shop-a-thon?

Hosting a Shop-a-thon not only gives you the opportunity to shop and purchase Pampered Chef products in person, but it also allows you to earn host rewards, such as free products and discounts, based on the sales made at the event.

4. Do I need to provide any supplies for the Shop-a-thon?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, we will provide all the necessary supplies for the Shop-a-thon, including product displays, order forms, and catalogs. All you need to do is provide the venue and invite your guests.

5. Can I host a Shop-a-thon outside of the holiday season?

Yes, absolutely! While the holiday season is a popular time for hosting a Shop-a-thon, you can host one at any time throughout the year. It's a great way to get together with friends and family while shopping for high-quality kitchen products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
leahevanson
  • tammithechef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kam
  • leahevanson