• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Holiday Open House: Tips from Lia Sophia and Longaberger Consultants

In summary, the conversation discusses a holiday open house that the speakers are planning to hold together. They mention the date and location options, as well as ideas for raffle items and door prizes. They also discuss their strategies for advertising and attracting customers, and the potential for booking shows and gaining leads for recruitment.
ahammons
My friend (who is a Lia Sophia consultant) and I have decided to do a Holiday Open House together, but we're not really sure exactly how to do it. :) Her mom will probably be there too - she used to sell Longaberger and wants to clear out her collection... or she may show scrapbooking stuff from the store she owns. We know that we're each going to raffle off an item, and maybe do some small door prizes - but after that, we're lost! :rolleyes: Her mom seems to think we should do it right before Thanksgiving, but we were thinking about the first weekend in December. Has anyone done this before? Any tips?

Bumping... anyone? :)

I have a group of about 8 and we are going to do it the first week of Nov. That way we can potentially book shows and have them completed in time for orders to arrive well before Christmas. I am doing it out of my home and each consultant is going to bring a card table and just enough stuff to fit on the table. I have also asked each of them to bring a specific refreshment ie. veggi plate, fruit tray, drink, etc. We will also be donating an item worth $10-$20 to put into a basket that we are raffling off and holding door prize drawings every 30 min. with small items or coupons for things like free shipping. Also we have specific stipulations on how to earn raffle tickets like purchase something from at least 3 vendors, bring 2 friends, spend over $100 at at least one vendor, etc. Hope this helps.
~Sandi

Thanks! We're thinking of renting a small conference room at a hotel or something, since we want a neutral location for everyone we're inviting. I like the idea of doing a door prize every 30 minutes!

I'm doing this with Homemade Gourmet and Avon. We are each donating a $10 item to go in the large drawing (end of night). We are doing drawings every 30 min and we are each donating 2 items for that - around $5 or a coupon or something. We work together so we are doing it Nov 13th because pay day is the Friday before - like 5:15-8 so they can come right after work. We are also sending invitations out to our customers who do not work with us. We will provide food also. My goal is to take orders but also to get some bookings for the rest of Nov and Dec (hopefully catalog shows because I'm not doing shows in Dec). I'll have 2 card tables for my stuff - I hope it goes well, we are all really excited about it!

Going to push gift giving and maybe hand out a list at the door with the drawing card that shows parents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, husband, wife, etc... to get them thinking of all the people they need to buy for and they can fill it in with the stuff they buy or we may fill it in with our items to give them ideas.

I've done 1 holiday boutique my first year. It went well for almost all of us who participated. I am going back and forth on whether to do another one or my own host appreciation party instead?

I have one scheduled for the 2nd Saturday in November. Myself, Lia Sophia, Avon and Tastefully Simple. each of us are inviting 100 , and will have cash & carry items, door prize drawings, and lead boxes for each.

I am doing a Holiday Shopping Spree on November 3rd. I wanted to do it before the craziness of the holidays. I got the hall for FREE! They are also throwing in a bartender! So far I have Silpada, Usborne Books, Chrissy's Creations, Tastefully Simple, Discovery Toys, Home and Garden, Lia Sophia, Uppercase Living, And Stampin' Up! We are all donating a $25.00 items for raffles every 30 minutes. I may buy a bunch of Seasons Bests to sell there but I will take orders for everything else. I will deliver or arrange for pick up. I am having each rep bring either an appetizer or a dessert. I am advertising in 2 newspapers and on Craigs List.

Awesome..I went to something like this today, and was really disappointed, but I did get several recruit leads, so that could be awesome!!

chefkristin said:
I am doing a Holiday Shopping Spree on November 3rd. I wanted to do it before the craziness of the holidays. I got the hall for FREE! They are also throwing in a bartender! So far I have Silpada, Usborne Books, Chrissy's Creations, Tastefully Simple, Discovery Toys, Home and Garden, Lia Sophia, Uppercase Living, And Stampin' Up! We are all donating a $25.00 items for raffles every 30 minutes. I may buy a bunch of Seasons Bests to sell there but I will take orders for everything else. I will deliver or arrange for pick up. I am having each rep bring either an appetizer or a dessert. I am advertising in 2 newspapers and on Craigs List.

I'm participating in a holiday open house the first weekend of November. It's with 5 other consultants... Mary Kay, Silpada, Tastefully Simple and a couple others. It's going to be at the one gal's house (apparently she's got plenty of room for us all) and we've all committed to inviting as many folks as we can. She made up a flyer for us to use but I tweaked it (wasn't organized well as an effective flyer)... which she seemed fine with. We all seem to be doing our own thing though so it should be interesting. I'll just be worrying about my own part of the universe that day I think... I'm planning on doing at least one drawing depending on how many folks show up... I'm planning on doing as nice a display as I can muster bringing my own table and set up... all my brochures and paperwork... basically over prepare like I usually do. LOL... I'm also hoping to borrow a friend's portable DVD player to play the Your Life, Your Way DVD... I was also considering taking samples of food already prepared (the person hosting doesn't want a demo)... probably offered on the Simple Additions plates I have too to help with that... I'm just hoping for a few referrals, if nothing else... I like the idea of doing this in the early part of November. It gives folks the chance to place an order sure... but also the chance to still book a show of their own in time for the holidays too... and me the chance to fill my calendar.

I am also doing this but as a fundraiser for my kids school Sat Nov 3. It was an idea I got from here to do a shop till you drop. So far we have 21 consultants and crafters. People that have seen the letter that went home with the kids at school have been calling to see what it is all about & they seem really excited. We decided to do basket raffles each vendor either donates a whole basket or an item to a larger basket. The basket I did is whorth $25 dollars. I was thinking about donating part of my commission but I figure this might bring in more money.:)

These are all super ideas!! I've been to several holiday open house shows, and I'm thinking of doing one this year as I've just started with PC this month.

I'd like to invite a few other companies. I have friends that sell Stampin' Up, and The Body Shop. I really need to find a few more to invite. :)

When doing an open house, do any of you have items to sell -cash and carry? I am doing a couple of open houses next month, my first, and I don't know if I should stock up on big sellers that people might want that day.
Also, what dish have you taken to such an event that was easy and successful?
Thanks!
Greta

Personally, I'm not taking anything for cash and carry. I'm focusing on bookings most that day and for folks who don't want to hold a show, I'll have order forms they can fill out. Plus... I just don't know what I'd 'stock up on' as far as a cash and carry inventory without going broke.. LOL.. and then end up with inventory to store and deal with. After reading some more here, I'm really digging the idea of setting up little gift set scenarios and maybe also placing a stocking out with 'stuffers' coming out of it... and have the idea lists out for folks to see what's out and what to order if they like what they see.

1. What is a "Holiday Open House" with Pampered Chef?

A Holiday Open House with Pampered Chef is a fun and festive event where you can discover new holiday recipes, try out our products, and get gift ideas for your loved ones. It's a great opportunity to get into the holiday spirit and stock up on all your favorite kitchen gadgets and tools.

2. When and where will the Holiday Open House take place?

The Holiday Open House will take place at various locations and times throughout the holiday season. You can check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific dates and locations.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Holiday Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend the Holiday Open House. It is a free event for anyone interested in Pampered Chef products and holiday cooking inspiration.

4. Will there be any special promotions or discounts at the Holiday Open House?

Yes, there will be exclusive offers and discounts available only at the Holiday Open House. It's a great opportunity to save on your favorite Pampered Chef products and get some great deals for your holiday shopping.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member to the Holiday Open House?

Of course! The more, the merrier. We encourage you to bring your friends and family to the Holiday Open House to share in the holiday spirit and discover new products together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • leahevanson
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefCat