• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Rude Lia Sophia Consultant: What Can I Do?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a disappointing show where the host's sister, who is also a direct sales consultant for Lia Sophia, was rude and unhelpful. The conversation also touched on the topic of jewelry and how some guests can be difficult during shows. Despite the challenges, the speaker remains optimistic and plans to continue with future shows.
schel
Had a show tonight, waste of time.... Only hit $164 in sales and the hosts' sister was a #@*$#!!!!! :mad: Not to mention so rude!!! She is also a Lia Sophia Direct sales consultant and should know better than to be like that!

No one wanted to book... And then after I was packing up and totalling orders, she digs out all her catalogs and starts talking recruiting for herself, bookings and how much she has to do to promote herself. On top of that she ordered NOTHING on her sisters show and marks a "10" on my customer care card that she wants to host herself. When I ask her she says "Oh I don't have time I'm to busy with my Lia Sophia" #@*$#!!!!! :mad:

Whatever, I hope tomorrows show goes better. I'll have to pray hard tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Schel

schel said:
Had a show tonight, waste of time.... Only hit $164 in sales and the hosts' sister was a #@*$#!!!!! :mad: Not to mention so rude!!! She is also a Lia Sophia Direct sales consultant and should know better than to be like that!

No one wanted to book... And then after I was packing up and totalling orders, she digs out all her catalogs and starts talking recruiting for herself, bookings and how much she has to do to promote herself. On top of that she ordered NOTHING on her sisters show and marks a "10" on my customer care card that she wants to host herself. When I ask her she says "Oh I don't have time I'm to busy with my Lia Sophia" #@*$#!!!!! :mad:

Whatever, I hope tomorrows show goes better. I'll have to pray hard tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Schel

What comes around goes around...she'll have a guest at one of her shows that is just as awful as she is.
What the heck is Lia Sophia anyway?

Yeah, I hate it when you get those kind of people at a show. I had a lady who kept cutting down every product I described at a show. She bought around $15 of products. Did a ccc & guess what? Surprise of all surprises (sorry for the spewing sarcasm!) she had a problem with one of the products!

dannyzmom said:
What comes around goes around...she'll have a guest at one of her shows that is just as awful as she is.
What the heck is Lia Sophia anyway?

Lia Sophia is jewelry. Pretty expensive jewelry! I was invited to a show & wanted to order something to be nice (don't wear jewelry besides my wedding ring & an anniversary ring) & couldn't find anything less than like $40 that wasn't earrings (allergic to metal in ears).

pamperedgirl3 said:
Lia Sophia is jewelry. Pretty expensive jewelry! I was invited to a show & wanted to order something to be nice (don't wear jewelry besides my wedding ring & an anniversary ring) & couldn't find anything less than like $40 that wasn't earrings (allergic to metal in ears).
I just looked up their website and oh yuck...that is SO not my style. I am not a costume jewelry person...

dannyzmom said:
I just looked up their website and oh yuck...that is SO not my style. I am not a costume jewelry person...

Yeah, I'm not much of a jewelry person either. I don't know, maybe their prices aren't bad (people who don't cook might think ours are high too!:D ), but I just wanted to get a little something & could find anything. I do have a host who sells Premier Design & bought a nice necklace from her at her open house & a bracelet for a friend's gift.

Been there! I had a show and my host's daughter sold some kind of jewelry, but not lia sophia...and that's all she talked about the whole time i did my demo. fortunately for me, the guests weren't listening to her and my host had an awesome show! Actually, the host of this particular show was rude as all get out to me when I did my host coaching, and I just kept talking as if she were the sweetest thing...obviously something worked. I'm ranting...sorry...but you have to keep smiling...even when you are ready to pop.

I would suggest doing the Big MAC calls and customer care calls and say NOTHING about the rude guest. See if they are interested in adding to their order or hosting a show and at least try to get a referral. Take the high road!

pamperedgirl3 said:

These are actually the only earrings that I can wear. If you ever go to another party you could always order a pair and if they do not work for you, you can return them. I just have to clean them for the first use. lia sophia has more coatings on their earrings than most companies that sell them. I know some people will put clear nailpolish on the steams of the earrings so that the the metal will not touch their ears.

How rude!! I work at the front desk at my FT job and deal with rude people all of the time. I just don't understand why people have to be that way. I try really hard to not let someone else's mood set my mood. Just keep smiling even if you would like to ring their neck.

Schel I am so sorry that happened. I'm sure that tomorrow's night will go better. There is no excuse for rudeness. At my open house for the current catalog after all of the orders were taken my SIL (dh side) asked if it was ok if she brought out her party lite catalogs to get bookings...i said ok and it was funny because she kept trying to get my mom to have a party (she does not have parties...just goes to them to purchase what she likes) and my mom being the nice person she was took a catalog. Now whenever I see SIL she ask if my mom is thinking of having a party and everytime I tell her she does not do parties. It's five months later and she still doesn't get it.

Well,
My show went much better today. She is at $400 and with some more outside orders, hopefully at $500. The croud was much more enjoyable and cooperative. Yesterdays just talked whenever they wanted. So at least that makes me feel better.
Thanks for your support.
Schel

My mom got me a couple really nice things from Lia and I love them. Her consultant is awesome. VERY bubbly and nice..just like us....so they aren't all bad....LOL

You probably hit a nerve somehow with the weirdo sister and that's why she was so rude. "why is this lady getting attention and think she's going to get bookings from my family and friends..." That gal needs to understand that her family and friends are not her primary source of revenue, but might have been a place to start.

It's more about her than it is about you.

God Bless You! Take care.

aww I am really sorry that you had to have an A$$ there at your show. Just like Carolyn said, "what goes around, comes around" and all I would do is just KILL HER WITH KINDNESS. from the sound of it, she won't be in business too long if she keeps acting like that.

Good way of sayin' it Scott. :D

OK Could yall give some written scripts yall say when doing CCC? I know asking if they want to add anything that the show is closing on this date...blabla but what about hosting or even refferal!?

Basically, say I noticed that you ordered the Large Stone. Will this be your very first stone? If she says yes, you say, I just know you will love it and may I suggest getting the rack to go along with it. Explaining reason. If she says no, then you would say that you abviously love our stoneware. Did you know that February is stoneware month? You actually get to choose 2 pcs. of stoneware for 60% off. If she says that she doesn't host shows then I ask her if she is aware that we also do catalog shows. Very easy just simply pass catalogs around, followup, collect orders and payments and she has a show.

For recruiting it might go something like this. I noticed that you ordered the Large stone. Did you know that the Large stone is part of our consultant kit? Have you thought about becoming a consultant yourself. If she says yes, then I set up an appointment with no commitment just to talk about it and see if this is something that would work for her. If she says no, then you simply say, I'm sorry to hear that, I just think you would be great at it or that's too bad I'd love to have you on my team. If anything changes in the future please let me know.

Of course not everyone orders the large stone you could do it with any of the other products.

I hope this helps.

I don't understand how people can be so rude. I attend all kinds of direct selling parties and I never mention PC unless someone asks me. That is just too rude!! I have a friend who sells Home and Garden Party. They have stoneware in their line. I buy pictures, candles, and dip mixes from her and she buys everything but stoneware from me. I do have their beanpot. It is wonderful. It is stoneware, but it looks like a large crock with a pretty design on it. It is microwave, freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe. It keeps food hot for hours. I have sent in suggestions for PC to get something similar for years.

As for Lia Sophia jewelry...I love it. My mom sells it for a hobby...and to get products at a better deal. Some of it is not my style, but they have a lot of beautiful pieces. It also has a lifetime guarantee.

Just forget about the rude customer and go on. When you have contact with her "kill her with kindness". That way her family sees that you are doing your part and she is the problem.

chee65 said:
For recruiting it might go something like this. I noticed that you ordered the Large stone. Did you know that the Large stone is part of our consultant kit?

Just a reminder - it appears that the Large round stone will no longer be part of the starter kit. It is changing to the large bar pan.

I think the bar pan is much more versatile. And, you can still make pizza. You could make one just like pizza hut with the 4 different kinds...I forgot what they called that.

Back with my first 7 years of PC, I had the world's worst hostess. This woman had it in for me for some reason. Back then I didn't put out catalogs until AFTER my demo, and Mary just got her shorts in a wad about it.
This lady would actually CALL me to harass me about my business. One night she called me out of the blue and said she was going to report me to PC. I swear it was out of the blue....I did NOTHING to this lady, except to do her show and pass out catalogs at the end.

I got my director on the phone and she called the lady.......I never heard from her again! LOL

The rude ones are going to come and go, and like someone else said, what goes around comes around. We always need to take the high ground...and leave them to themselves.

So glad your next show was better.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
Back with my first 7 years of PC, I had the world's worst hostess. This woman had it in for me for some reason. Back then I didn't put out catalogs until AFTER my demo, and Mary just got her shorts in a wad about it.
This lady would actually CALL me to harass me about my business. One night she called me out of the blue and said she was going to report me to PC. I swear it was out of the blue....I did NOTHING to this lady, except to do her show and pass out catalogs at the end.

I got my director on the phone and she called the lady.......I never heard from her again! LOL

The rude ones are going to come and go, and like someone else said, what goes around comes around. We always need to take the high ground...and leave them to themselves.

So glad your next show was better.

Kris

"Back then I didn't put out catalogs until AFTER my demo"

Off the subject... Do you still put the catalogs out after the show?
I've tried both ways and I can't stand dealing with the rudeness of "oh your one of them!"

Just curious..
Schel

I now have them included in my guest folder. Back then there were so many fewer products than now. Now there is so much that I really am not offended by someone looking through the catalog while I'm talking. Could be my age now too....it just doesn't bother me at all.

Kris

Related to Dealing with a Rude Lia Sophia Consultant: What Can I Do?

1. How should I handle a rude guest at a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to handle a rude guest at a Pampered Chef party is to remain calm and professional. Politely address any concerns or complaints they may have and try to find a solution that satisfies both the guest and the host. If the situation becomes too difficult, it is perfectly acceptable to politely excuse yourself and seek assistance from a manager or supervisor.

2. What if the rude guest is making inappropriate comments about the products or the company?

If a guest is making inappropriate comments about the products or the company, it is important to address the situation immediately. Kindly remind the guest that the purpose of the party is to showcase and enjoy Pampered Chef products, and any negative or disrespectful comments are not welcome. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to ask the guest to leave.

3. Is it possible to prevent rude guests from attending a Pampered Chef party?

While it is not always possible to prevent rude guests from attending a Pampered Chef party, the host can help by only inviting people they know and trust. Additionally, as a consultant, you can set expectations with the host ahead of time and remind them to let you know if there are any guests they are concerned about. This can help you prepare and address any potential issues before they arise.

4. How can I maintain a positive atmosphere at a Pampered Chef party despite a rude guest?

It can be challenging to maintain a positive atmosphere with a rude guest present, but it is important to remember to focus on the other guests who are genuinely interested and excited about Pampered Chef products. Try to redirect the conversation to the products and keep the party moving smoothly. You can also involve the other guests in activities or games to keep the energy and enthusiasm high.

5. What should I do if a rude guest is affecting other guests' experiences?

If a rude guest is affecting other guests' experiences, it is important to address the situation as soon as possible. Politely pull the guest aside and privately discuss their behavior. Let them know that their behavior is affecting the other guests and ask them to be more respectful. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to ask the guest to leave in order to maintain a positive and enjoyable experience for the rest of the guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Kenzie09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • ChefSteph06