• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make a Big Impact in Feb: Join Our 1000 Mystery Host Show!

In summary, Melissa is an expert summarizer of content. She provides a summary of the content and states that she has seven definite hosts. She also states that she is going to write Feb. mystery host on top of customers receipt so if they have a problem and bring it back to her, she will know where to find it.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay I want to make a huge bang in Feb. I want to do the 1000 mystery host show to help boost sales but also tie in w/ my customer appreciation show! I plan on doing the drawing at that show on the 23rd.

Look at my letter and feel free to give me wording advice, I want to mail these out tomorrow! I already have one host who is intersted!

Attachments

• PC 1000holidayshow.doc
    57 KB · Views: 302
My suggestion....Looks good. But I do have a couple suggestions:

I would get rid of this line:

"*The $215 FREE Product value is based on a $1,000 show. The actual benefits will be based on
the final show value – If we collect $700 in sales then the benefits will be based on a $700 show, etc."

This gives people the option to not collect the $100 in orders. I would change your wording instead to win up to $215 depending on show sales.

I have included my mystery hostess letter from December that netted me over $1500 in commissionable sales.

You will see that I offered each host the 30% discount a $1000 host would earn. This added over $500 to the show!!:eek: My actual guest sales were $967! So just an idea!

Good luck with your mystery host!!:D :D

Attachments

• $1000 Holiday Host.doc
    27 KB · Views: 368
I like it!
I think I might steal it, if you don't mind.
I hope you do a great job, and get your $1,000 show in!

fruit76loop said:
This gives people the option to not collect the $100 in orders. I would change your wording instead to win up to $215 depending on show sales.

I have included my mystery hostess letter from December that netted me over $1500 in commissionable sales.

You will see that I offered each host the 30% discount a $1000 host would earn. This added over $500 to the show!!:eek: My actual guest sales were $967! So just an idea!

Good luck with your mystery host!!:D :D

Great suggesions!

Thanks Marlene I like that about ordering unlimited for them @ 30% that is an awesome idea!!Melissa steal away, I stole it from chef Harmony (can't think of her real name @ the moment). I hope it does what it is supposed to do!

oKAY HERE IS MY REVISED ONE!I already have 2 definite yeses, now I just need at least 8 more. We will see how it goes I will keep you posted!!

Attachments

• PC 1000holidayshow.doc
    57.5 KB · Views: 343
This looks like *so much* fun! :)

I am up to 6 def yeses and 2 will try, but not sure!! I came home on my lunch and had 2 emails with get me a packet! How cool is this!! Yeah!Just updating gotta get those packets in the mail before I go back to work!

Looks great!! Thanks for the wonderful idea! I'm gonna try it too!

Do you typically email or snail mail this offer? If you snail mail, how many do you usually send?

two things:
1 -- calendar is spelled wrong (where it talks about the timeline)
2-- be sure that they know the $100 is before shipping charges are added and after 10% discount

Hope this goes great! Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Okay I have a question to those of you who do this and have been successful. Are you sending this to local people? Are you having the show shipped to your home? I would love to do this, but to split all of the 1/2 price items they all need to ship to the same person. Am I making any sense? How do you work that out logistically speaking? And how do you offer them 30% off? Just put their orders under the host name?

Since we've just moved my main people are back in AZ. I don't see how I could make it work with them. I would love to do it so maybe one of you will have a solution for me. Thanks!

Those are good questions, Kearns. And what about the guarantee? Different people are walking away with the "host's" bonuses. How are they covered if something goes wrong?I *like* this idea though very much!

you all inspired me to pick up my sales in Feb so I contacted all my past hosts and guest and offered the mystery show to them. I have 7 definates!!!!! yeah
i'm going to write feb mystery host on top of customers receipt so if they have a problem and bring it back to me i know where to find it. im still new so i dont know if that wil work or not.

I snail mail the offer & email, I am also talking it up big. I talked to a teacher who I subb for at work yesterday went home on my lunch and brought back a packet.
I set everyone up on my website like they are having their own catalog show, already received the first order, sweet!!I have sent this to out of town hosts, but they know that they have to pay direct shipping charges!! I am sending it to more than 10 people because I am going for my biggest month ever! We will see how it turns out!Yes put their orders under the host order to get the 30% off.

So how are you all doing with this? I've got 5 yeses so far...still going for 5 more!!

All of the people I am asking are local, so everything will ship to me and I will sort and deliver or have them pick up. If anyone has a problem with their product, I'll have them give back to me to handle. (Which most people do already anyway!!)

I am up to 8 yeses, and already have the first $100 in sales!Thank God this is going good!

pamperedalf said:
I am up to 8 yeses, and already have the first $100 in sales!

Thank God this is going good!

Woohoo! Congratulations! I have my first $100 too!!:D

pamperedalf said:
I snail mail the offer & email, I am also talking it up big. I talked to a teacher who I subb for at work yesterday went home on my lunch and brought back a packet.
I set everyone up on my website like they are having their own catalog show, already received the first order, sweet!!

I have sent this to out of town hosts, but they know that they have to pay direct shipping charges!! I am sending it to more than 10 people because I am going for my biggest month ever! We will see how it turns out!

Yes put their orders under the host order to get the 30% off.

So how would the out of town hosts get their 30% off AND pay the direct shipping costs? You can only have 2 hosts (at most under PP). I don't know mama, sounds a little nutty for the out of towners! I think I need a more thorough explanation. Speak as if to a 2 year old please!!:rolleyes: ;)

How are you giving "Everyone else can choose 1 stone at 60% off"1- grand prize winner
4- half price items
the rest would mean that 5 people are getting a stone at 60% off. Are you covering the extra cost?

Ok..I'm thinking 1 grand prize winner
4 half price winners
2 host specials on the 60% off
and then I would cover the last three pieces of stoneware. They already get 20% off for February, so I cover the extra 40%???

mandydollie said:
Ok..I'm thinking

1 grand prize winner
4 half price winners
2 host specials on the 60% off
and then I would cover the last three pieces of stoneware. They already get 20% off for February, so I cover the extra 40%???

If you put the stoneware under the host order, you can use the host discount as well. So they are 20% off and you'll get an additional 30% off using the host discount and you can cover the rest (you'll still come out ahead!)

oh man..i didn't even think of that! thanks!

Chef Kearns, right now I have one out of town host, so she will be the cohost and she knows she is paying direct shipping to get her items there, but in her opinion she will still come out ahead becase she is getting a 30% discount ontop of the 20% on the stones, that's what she really wants. Now all the rest of the hosts will be under one name and I will give them a recite w/ the highlighted portion being theirs. I hope this makes sence, I am sick today probably need to go back to bed!Thanks Cat for explaining the stones!

pamperedalf said:
Chef Kearns, right now I have one out of town host, so she will be the cohost and she knows she is paying direct shipping to get her items there, but in her opinion she will still come out ahead becase she is getting a 30% discount ontop of the 20% on the stones, that's what she really wants. Now all the rest of the hosts will be under one name and I will give them a recite w/ the highlighted portion being theirs. I hope this makes sence, I am sick today probably need to go back to bed!

Thanks Cat for explaining the stones!

Hehe...you're welcome!

Amanda, I hope you feel better soon!

pamperedalf said:
Chef Kearns, right now I have one out of town host, so she will be the cohost and she knows she is paying direct shipping to get her items there, but in her opinion she will still come out ahead becase she is getting a 30% discount ontop of the 20% on the stones, that's what she really wants. Now all the rest of the hosts will be under one name and I will give them a recite w/ the highlighted portion being theirs. I hope this makes sence, I am sick today probably need to go back to bed!

Yes, this makes sense. With one out of town host it is doable. Thanks

Okay just had to share I just received 2 more yeses!! Yeah this is helpful because I just had another cancelation!!

I sent this out and so far only have 2 no's. Hopefully the yesses start coming in soon! I need a huge February!

Start using the dreadful device that we all hate, the phone! I taped $25 +++ to my phone so anytime I am in the office dreading picking it up I can look at the phone and see that it is worth $25 or possibly more to me to pick it up!It really does help, get on it, and sound so excited even if you get rejected and people are willing to help you out!

Quick update...I'm up to 9 yeses! One more would be great...

Good Job Cat, I know you can get one more or maybe have someone get $200 in sales!I am @ 11 yeses, now to make sure they all work!

This is an awesome idea. I've seen it before, but never paid close attention. I think I'm finally going to do it in April. Thanks so much for sharing!

Okay I received 2 more yeses today! yeah!Anyways I wanted to let you guys know, some info I found out about media mail! The first batch of packets I mailed, I mailed media mail to save some $$.
The next day I went to mail another packet and a different post lady said if you want it to get there mail it first class. She said that media mail tends to sit in the warehouse sometimes for weeks. So I am thinking this is what is happening with our CN taking forever getting to us. I just thought that was some useful info to pass on!

I soooo wanted to do this with my hosts in AZ. I just sent out the email to 15 (telling them that only 10 were selected). What they don't know...right? Anyway...I so hope this works. I am going to ask my hospitality director in Surprise if she'll receive the boxes for me and what-not!! I'll owe her BIG TIME especially if it is a $1000 show!! Great idea!!

Wish me Luck!! With 3 postponed shows this month I need it!

Chef Kearns said:
I soooo wanted to do this with my hosts in AZ. I just sent out the email to 15 (telling them that only 10 were selected). What they don't know...right? Anyway...I so hope this works. I am going to ask my hospitality director in Surprise if she'll receive the boxes for me and what-not!! I'll owe her BIG TIME especially if it is a $1000 show!! Great idea!!

Wish me Luck!! With 3 postponed shows this month I need it!

I just realized something interesting about the breakdown of people who have agreed to do this with me:

4 are past hosts
4 are past customers who have never hosted
2 who have never bought or hosted before

And I had asked 21 people to do participate, mostly focusing on those who have said in the past that they'd like to host a show but never really did!

Well, I'll post my final results as well!

Cat just checking to see how yours is going?I am a little discouraged because I have had 3 people flake & now some I haven't been able to get a hold of. I am bummed! I am praying that it will all come out alright!I have 1 confirmed yes for friday's show beside my sis. We will see I will keep you updated!

pamperedalf said:
Cat just checking to see how yours is going?

I am a little discouraged because I have had 3 people flake & now some I haven't been able to get a hold of. I am bummed! I am praying that it will all come out alright!

I have 1 confirmed yes for friday's show beside my sis. We will see I will keep you updated!

Hi Amanda,

Hmm...I had one flake on me as well, another only has one small order and I've collected $400 in orders. Still trying to get a hold of the rest. But I did have someone email me with a $70, so I'll add that to the show as well.

Keep trying and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised!

Cat

So I'm at $676 with 2 more orders to collect. So maybe I'll hit $900??

Have you gotten anything else, Amanda?

I am at $700, w/ one lady who didn't get any orders but wants to order herself. I am also having my customer appreciation tonight so any orders I will put them on this.We also have a woman's city bowling tournament & I donated a quick stir pitcher & gift cert. for a raffle. Some women were @ the raffle table going this is cool. I saw a lot of ladies w/ catalogs and order forms, so you never know that could bump me up as well.Cat when are you closing yours? I tried to close mine this weekend.

That's GREAT AMANDA!!! When you said you were discouraged, I was thinking you had very little in orders....so I'm very happy for you!!

As for closing it, one person said she would definitely get me her orders by Monday, so hopefully I'll close soon after that. (Gotta pick my raffle winners!)

Well I did, but I put yesterday for all the orders to come in & they trickled in yesterday. But it's working out! Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying every 1/2 hour for it!

Okay Cat here's my results!!!! I am going to do this again during the June for the sell athon!!I closed @ $1,003 for Feb & I have a $300 show to start March off w/. I am so happy w/ the results. I stressed for nothing. Cat I hope that it went as well for you as it did me!!:)I can't remember the original poster at the moment, but thanks so much you have helped my biz in a way, that my family & I appreciate.Cat thanks for helping me see the light even when I was too stuburn to. I appreciate all your support!!Good luck to everyone else who does this promotion!!

Mine flopped! I think it was due to my execution. I have been horrible with my follow up this month. I sent out the emails but didn't follow through with a call. I did get one email saying "no", but that was all.

Congratulations Amanda!! How awesome!

I was thinking of doing this for March, it is a slowwwwwww month for me, but am "brian farting" on how to change the wording and prizes. Any help??

Thanks

What do you want to change???

It is late, and I think I am just making this harder than it really is!! Sorry! Guess I would just have to change the 60% off of stones to either a UM or CB w/MC...Is this correct?

Yes that would be the special change. There are 2 versions to the same letter take which one works best for you! Start mailing them out now so you have a good responce by the end of the month!!I even had a couple people ask me when I would do it again!!

pamperedalf said:
Okay Cat here's my results!!!! I am going to do this again during the June for the sell athon!!

I closed @ $1,003 for Feb & I have a $300 show to start March off w/. I am so happy w/ the results. I stressed for nothing. Cat I hope that it went as well for you as it did me!!:)

I can't remember the original poster at the moment, but thanks so much you have helped my biz in a way, that my family & I appreciate.

Cat thanks for helping me see the light even when I was too stuburn to. I appreciate all your support!!

Good luck to everyone else who does this promotion!!

Woohoo!! That is great Amanda! I'm so happy for you! And THANK YOU for posting this original thread and reminding me about it so I could do it!!

I haven't closed mine yet...argh...BUT I've got $902 for it! So that's not bad, for not having to leave my house and do a live show! I'm waiting for 2 people to pick out their raffle prizes.

So I'll probably end February with $1,900 or $2,000 in sales...better than last year's $800!!:D :D

Cat I am glad that it worked for you as well!! Congrats!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies