• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made My First Host Coaching Call!

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's fear and discomfort with making phone calls, especially to people they don't know well. They had been avoiding a call to a potential host for a while but finally made it and were successful in getting them to agree to host a party. However, they need to figure out the location of the party and may have to take a drive to find it. Another person in the conversation shares their own struggles with phone calls and offers support and tips for improving host coaching. The speaker also mentions a host coaching checklist and a flyer that can help with organizing and remembering important details for each party. They admit to slacking on host coaching but are excited for a conference that will give them motivation.
northern_sunshine
I have to preface this by saying, I hate the phone. The phone, not my friend. I get flustered and stammer and stutter and feel like a total dingbat when I get on the phone. Especially with people I don't know well. So I did procrastinate this call (all my other 4 shows were for people I see often, my mom, SIL, one of my best friends).

I think it went alright, not a smooth as it could have been and I probably forgot to ask her stuff. But she's got 4 - 5 yeses! And wants more outside order forms!! Woot!

At some point I have to figure out where she lives, as it's in an area I'm not hugely familiar with (and being a rural area, people don't use street names, the directions I had for a camp once that was 3 hours away was "take a left at the pink house"). May have to pack up the girls and take a little drive one afternoon. :)

Good for you!!!! I talk on the phone A LOT, but when it comes to pc I put it off too. I get flustered, and ramble, even if I use a script. So I understand where your coming from. Keep up the calls and I'll try to make a few:D

But you did it... that is the important part! I know, I hate making the calls as well, but sounds like you have a good host on your hands. After my first few shows (actually, like 20 or so), I would ask my hosts what they liked and didn't like about my host coaching and what I could do better next time. I made sure that they knew that I knew I was still learning and really wanted feedback - both positive and "constructive criticism". Just keep at it and you'll start feeling more comfortable eventually!

BTW... I'll make a few CCCs tomorrow in support of you!

Just had a thought (owww, now my head hurts! heehee)...

Anyway, on MapQuest they have an "outside the US and Canada" option. Can you use it to help find her place?

Yay! The Host Coaching Checklist is your friend. :) Keep looking at it, and check off when you talk about something. Then when you're at a loss for words you just look for anything you've missed and say, "Oh, I wanted to tell you that....blah blah blah." Great for those pauses where you don't know what to say, lol! :)

A task begun is half done. Congratulations on getting that first call out of the way.

The first one is always the hardest! Keep it up it will get easier :)

raebates said:
A task begun is half done. Congratulations on getting that first call out of the way.

Sounds like Mary Poppins...

Oh, no! I'm channeling childhood memories again.

Do you have this flyer? It can help you remember what all to ask her and in which coaching call. I put these (ideally) in a folder with monthly dividers, in order of the show dates. Before I go to the show, I pull out their sheet and put it in a manila folder. I also make notes in upper right corner about recipe she wants or special requests.

I have been slacking on host coaching here lately, but I am looking to Conference for some PEP!:)

Attachments

• HostInfoSheet2.pub
    300.5 KB · Views: 289

Related to Made My First Host Coaching Call!

What is a host coaching call?

A host coaching call is a phone call between a Pampered Chef consultant and their party host. The purpose of the call is to provide support and guidance to the host in order to help them have a successful party.

When should I make my first host coaching call?

It is recommended to make your first host coaching call within 24-48 hours of booking the party. This will give you enough time to gather all necessary information and materials for the party.

What should I discuss during a host coaching call?

During a host coaching call, you should discuss the party details such as the date, time, and location. You should also discuss any promotions or specials that may be available and encourage the host to invite guests. Additionally, you can offer tips on how to have a successful party and answer any questions the host may have.

What if I am unable to reach the host for a host coaching call?

If you are unable to reach the host for a host coaching call, you can leave a voicemail or send a text or email. Be sure to follow up with the host if you do not hear back within a few days.

How many host coaching calls should I make?

It is recommended to make at least 3 host coaching calls leading up to the party. However, the number of calls may vary depending on the host's needs and the success of the party. It is important to continue communication with the host to ensure a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • chelynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies