• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost Guests Attention at Show...

In summary, during a recent show where the host was making Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes, the host's children came in and stole the attention of the guests. Despite this, the host was still able to make a $400+ order, but wonders how to regain the attention of the guests when the children are present. Suggestions include involving the children in the show and using tools or offering bribes to keep them occupied. Ultimately, it's important to remember that the party is about having fun and not just about the host or the products. It can also be helpful to make a light-hearted joke to regain attention. However, it's important not to offend the host.
safariphoto
Gold Member
I had a show recently and it was going great, we made Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes. In the middle of the show the hosts kids came running in and got 100% of the attention execpt for the guests that I asked to volunteer for the recipe. I wasn't able to regain their attention but still got a $400+ order. If I knew the kids were going to be there I would have included them, the 4 kids are 1-3 years old.

Any ideas on how to recover when the guests want to play with the kids? I may next time go out and give the guest books so they can shop as this is the first show I decided to wait on the books to be handed out as I was told it would hold their attention to the show and not to the books.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

I have been known to hand the kids tools I am not using (and are not dangerous) to play with :) most times they want to show it to everyone- helps sales LOL. I also do ask them to help or offer taste tests if they will taste and sit. Bribery is great with tasting!

ummm, sounds like a great idea. I will have to try that next time. Maybe the Bamboo Spoons, measuring spoons/cups and other safe items.

Thanks

-Mike

The most important thing to remember is that it's not about you. Even if people don't seem to be paying attention to you, as long as they're having fun they'll enjoy the show. It's a party. If you insist on having all of the attention, it can become a class. Classes aren't nearly as much fun as parties.

As a guest, I would think a cute child was way more interesting than the person doing the demo. Don't take it personally as people obviously liked the products.Sometimes I will jokingly say something to regain attention. "I know I'm not as cute at the kids but I'd love to show you...." or last week's show "now that you've learned how to save bunches of money with host's couponing system, you can spend it on Pampered Chef" or at a party crowd "hey, you can drink and talk all you want as long as you buy something."Whatever you do DON'T offend your host (and it sounds like you didn't).....

What are some tips for keeping lost guests engaged during a Pampered Chef show?

1. Use eye-catching visuals: Utilizing colorful and appealing product displays can help draw in the attention of lost guests.

2. Incorporate interactive elements: Encourage participation from lost guests by including games, demonstrations, or hands-on activities during the show.

3. Utilize breaks and transitions: Take advantage of natural breaks in the show to re-engage lost guests. For example, during a recipe demonstration, pause to ask if anyone has questions or needs further clarification.

4. Offer incentives: Consider offering a small prize or discount to lost guests who stay engaged throughout the show. This can be a great way to keep their attention and make them feel appreciated.

5. Have a strong closing: Make sure to end the show on a high note with a clear call to action for lost guests. This could be booking a future party, making a purchase, or joining the Pampered Chef team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies