• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Good Blemish Concealer

In summary, the author is trying to earn $16,000 in one month and has been unsuccessful. She has 16 shows left in March and April and if she can sell most of the products she has in those months, she can make her goal. She also recommends broadcasting her goal and asking for help.
Oh, and I am MAKING my husband bring catalogs to work TOMORROW!

No bites on my Mystery Host email yet.But just turned in my HWC fundraiser and that was $386.75, so down to $5856.38 now and still have $800+ worth of orders sitting here waiting for final payment.So now I need about $5k and I have 4 shows scheduled and 1 catalog show. I'm also doing two fairs.

DebbieJ said:
Oh, and I am MAKING my husband bring catalogs to work TOMORROW!

ABSOLUTELY! Brian better WORK IT!! Tell him I said so!!:D

Yes, he has offered before but I just never gave them to him.There is no time like the present. :)And so far NO BITES on my mystery host email. But I know not everyone checks their email religiously like me. :) I will make calls tomorrow. I have a fair this afternoon at a very prestigious elementary school--a "Mommy and Me" event for Mother's Day with the kindergarten class. I bought a bunch of granny smiths for the kids to use the APCS and raided my sons playdoh stash and will bring the Creative Cutters and Bakers Roller and have a little play station. Wish me luck! I want orders!

Hope the fair turns out great Deb...it's not too late to book a last minute May or HWC show. (Statistically speaking, at least one of the women there will know the challenges of breast cancer, either personally or because of a family member).

I've had good luck with a couple particular themes that may appeal to this type of group. One is a "Come to the Carribbean" show so as to highlight the summer and grill stuff (great opp for guest to order for Father's Day). We make the Mojitos, the host does the Grilled Mojito Chicken (a no-work recipe), and we either finish off the Island Breeze Rum Cake (I make the cake ahead of time) or we make the Upside Down Pina Colada Cake.
Another show theme that may be popular with this group is "An Evening in Tuscany". (Folks tend to fall in love with the 'idea' of the show.) They can make the Brie with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and the Cappuncinno Mousse Trifle. (Some hosts really get into the theme and have Italian Wine, olives, etc.)

Good luck Deb!

Argh!!! Because of unforeseen traffic snafus (including being stuck waiting for a freight train), I got there much later than anticipated and barely had time to set anything up when I got there. The place was already packed with kids and moms. I got out the two things I had brought for the kids, quickly got out my drawing slips and the collapsible bowl for folks to put them in, and tried to just get the moms to fill out a slip so I had a chance to follow up with them. The kids absolutely LOVED doing the APCS, so I know at least I left a positive impression that way. No orders, but one teacher booked for August. I'll hit the phones tomorrow or Saturday. :)

wow! reading this thread reminds of CS when Lacy was down to the wire for earning the cruise! GOOD LUCK LADIES!!! I'm sure you'll all be celebrating and showing off our bling!:D

Ugh, Deb! I wish it had gone better for you!!

I had a small table at a Title Company's open house and then a small catalog show came in. I am down to needing $2488.

Supposed to have a good turnout at tomorrow's show, we'll see.....

Well, I did get a $34 online order today and an unexpected catalog show with $150 in orders collected already! So today was not a total loss. :)

This thread is so supportive. We all just have to make it!

(I'll admit that I'm trying hard not to look at the calendar. Today I just wanted to crawl onto the couch and not think about PC (yikes). I have no shows this weekend, but three next week and a few more after that.)

Pooey about the fair not being better for you Deb. Good news on the unexpected catalog show. (Maybe the host will get excited and generate high sales!)

Good luck on your show tomorrow Janice!

legacypc46 said:
(I'll admit that I'm trying hard not to look at the calendar. Today I just wanted to crawl onto the couch and not think about PC (yikes). I have no shows this weekend, but three next week and a few more after that.)

Are you reading my mind? I have calls to make today, but I really just want to run off and spend the day out somewhere with DS--the zoo, go downtown, who knows?

If I can cram it all in this morning we can still go this afternoon. :pray::pray:

TWO of the shows I recently submitted are on hold for credit cards. ARGH!!

I had that happen on my fundraiser ealier this week. So frustrating!

Go to the zoo with your daughter Deb. Stepping away from my business yesterday gave me back a healthier perspective.

I really do want to achieve TPC....without taking away from how much I enjoy this business!

Deb, did you do anything with Brendan (hey leggy, she has a son, ;) no daughter yet!! :blushing: working on it though!!) today?

You keep going and going, I'm sure he loved it if you did!

oops! that's what i get for typing fast!

Yes, we grabbed some lunch in the car and went to the zoo this afternoon. He fell asleep on teh way home and is currently sleeping in his bed. The last time I took him to the zoo and made him walk around all afternoon, he fell asleep and was out for the night! Fingers crossed!Tomorrow is a new day. :)I did send an email to everyone from the fair letting them know I've set up a fundraiser now through May 20th for the school, so they can order online and share the info with their family and friends too. Now I just pray for orders. :) The school has a lot of parental involvement and does a lot of fundraising, so I was hoping this would be right up their alley. I also put in a plug for "cooking classes" not hosting a party--just trying to put a different spin on it.

Well, I am ready to head to bed, but thought I would check in. Glad to see you had a good afternoon, Deb...it's probably just what you needed!!

My show tonight is at $830 so far. 2 good recruit leads and 2 catalog shows (the show was 50 miles away, I told them they would have to do their own cooking shows!).

Anyway, along with an online order, I now need $1638. 4 shows left for this month, a multi-vendor open house tomorrow and 3 catalog shows going....so close.....:eek:

Great show Janice! Sounds like you are definitely on track to make it.

Cheering loudly in PA. :)

Submitted a small show ($405), so that gets me under the 4K mark: $3713 to go.

No shows this weekend, one tomorrow and two next weekend. Three more after that, plus two fundraisers and two catalogs. Still feel like it can go either way.

TPC in recruiting is unchanged (1 to go). One gal has her 2nd cooking show this week and closes two catalog shows next Sunday (so that may do it). The other gal is stalled...but has had the start from hell. On the way to her first show (over an hour away), the host cancelled (can you imagine?!). No outside order, nada. I felt heartbroken for this recruit; she so wants to make this a business. Her next show went better ($400 or so), but the subsequent one hasn't been able to qualify. All she needs is one good show, and I believe she will be off and running. (As much as I would like to make TPC, I just don't have it in me to push them to qualify for my sake.)

Keep it up, girls!!!

I am down to $1430.

Have the week "off" (NOT! will be calling for orders and catalog shows this week), then 2 shows next week and shows on the 30th and 31st. I have 2 catalog shows still going on (one at Rileys Childrens Hospital in Indy, so hopefully they will be on the "Pink" wagon!!)

I am expecting another $200-$300 from my last host, and have misc orders coming in (response to my "HELP!" e-mail)

How do I get the late in the month hosts to close the night of the show (words to say)? Need them to be IN on the 31st!!!!

jwpamp said:
Keep it up, girls!!!

I am down to $1430.

Have the week "off" (NOT! will be calling for orders and catalog shows this week), then 2 shows next week and shows on the 30th and 31st. I have 2 catalog shows still going on (one at Rileys Childrens Hospital in Indy, so hopefully they will be on the "Pink" wagon!!)

I am expecting another $200-$300 from my last host, and have misc orders coming in (response to my "HELP!" e-mail)

How do I get the late in the month hosts to close the night of the show (words to say)? Need them to be IN on the 31st!!!!

That's great!! Maybe to encourage them to close the night of the show, offer an extra little bonus or maybe she can pick one or two of the pink products that you'll buy her for free. And let them know why or that you're trying to beat last year's pink product total or something and you need to tally it up on the 31st. Good luck!

If those hosts feel they are going to have at $150 in outside orders after their show, you can always book them catalog shows for June.

I wouldn't normally say to do that, but it may be worth it if you need their May sales. This way they could get two of the June specials for 60% off as your extra thank you.

Oh -- great ideas, Leggy and Becky!!!! Thank you!

Ugh, just had my show for next Sunday cancel (not totally unexpected...she has some major personal challenges right now.)

Here's praying tonight's show is a good one! :angel:

Hi Leggy, see is anyone woujld be interested in an
express show" for the cancellation you had. Tell them you will bring the ingredients and paper products. Maybe you'll get a bite!

Thanks Meg, that's a great idea. The host is expecting 12 gals tonight (up from just 6 on Friday).

The turn-out was only about 7, but four gals ordered over $100 each. The show, with a couple outside orders, is currently at $727.

No-go on the replacement show for this Sunday, but three gals booked for June (one's a catalog) and one for August.

I belong to a professional referral group that's meeting tomorrow; I think I'm going to offer up the express show there. (I really like that idea Meg.)

After I submit what I have sitting here, I'm down to $4800, four cooking shows, and two catalog shows.I took catalogs to the preschool drop off line this morning and gave one to four different moms before I had to get back in the car and drop off my son. They all seemed interestered--I asked them to share the catalog and collect another order or two and I'd make it a mystery host for the preschool moms. Fingers crossed!

YEAH, DEB!!!!!!

You can so totally do this!!!

After I submit what I have I am down to around $800 left to go. 4 cooking and 2 catalog shows left.

Great job ladies!

I am thoroughly enjoying living vicariously through you ladies! Keep up the good work! We are cheering you all on!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_103v.gif

OH... I am SO close... actually with some outside orders that a couple of host have I have TPC in Personal Sales but I refuse to count on it until I have submitted the shows... I keep adding it all up because I just CAN'T believe this!

I got an online order for $24 today and I closed a show at $576.21. Getting closer....... $5224.17 to go now.

YOU GO! There's lots of month left! You can do it! I'm working like I'm totally not there yet just cuz I can't believe it and want a big paycheck and a big cushion! YOU GO GET IT!!!!!

Diane - I'll hold off congratulating you 'officially', but I'm chair dancing for you this morning!

Deb - Pull out every stop! If your personal calendar will support it, maybe you can add some express shows like Meg suggested? Is there a personal cause that means so much to you that you'd donate almost all your commission?

I did a no-commission fundraiser for local group of mothers who have lost a son or daughter in military service. I'm giving them every penny of my commission. They only collected 15 orders, but it was over $1000 in sales. I know another consultant who is passionate about golden labs (I think that's the breed). She did a similar thing for a group that rescues these dogs. It was over $2K in sales. I don't advocate giving away your earnings, but if it's a cause close to your heart, then it's a win-win. (You can submit it as a traditional fundraiser or as a show with you as host....you donate from your commission and use the host benefits to get items to use as consultant gifts, future give-aways, etc)

ooohhh Leggy, I love the fundraiser ideas! I could use it for my daughters dance school!

Two unexpected little extras today.

A catalog host whose show has been rescheduled twice from over a month ago (due to serious family illness) is actually closing her show this weekend. It's at $318, but she's going for $400. I honestly didn't expect this show to go anywhere...she has so much on her plate right now. She is also thinking about the business for the fall.

A couple months ago I provided a $50 gift certificate as a door prize for a Chamber of Commerce sponsored event. I never heard anything from the winner until this week. Well she ordered over $150 worth of product (half of which as a wedding gift). I turned it into a show for her and ended up with $185 in commissionable sales (which will cover the cost of the $50 certificate).

Every bit helps!

Nice! I am feeling a bit defeated right now. NOT ONE PERSON responded to my Mystery Host email. NOT ONE!!! I am making calls like a mad woman today. I booked TWO May catalog shows today. I just pray they bring me SOMETHING. Both hosts were kinda wishy washy---not real excited but I asked them to give it a try here in May.I also need to host coach BADLY for my 4 remaining cooking shows. I am bumming because I can't get ahold of my hosts or my team. I just want someone to call me back!!!! AARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!Okay, whine over. Back to the phones.

Oh Deb....it's not over til it's over....keep trying!!!!

There is still time left and we are cheering you on!! :sun:

you'll do it Deb! You've got the drive & determination!

GO DEB! GO DEB! GO DEB!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_37.gif

chefmeg said:
GO DEB! GO DEB! GO DEB!

I second this!!!! You can do it! :)

Deb, YOU WILL DO THIS!! hopefully your customers will see your excitement for the business (or your frazzled-ness! J/K!) and then when you least expect it, you'll have a bunch of orders and recruits!!

We're cheering you on!! I'll email Bonnie right now and find out about her plan she did last year.

GO DEB!!! You can do it! I KNOW you will. :D

I love coming on to see your updates. I can't wait to see when it's all official!!

Okay, Bonnie said:
spend $60 and get any piece of cookware at 50% off. Put it on the customer's order..not host discount...you pay for it, but it's a write off and it gets you TPC

I have since sent another one asker her if she set a limit on how much the cookware was. LIke under $100. I'm waiting her response

Deb,

Don't get discouraged (though I fully understand...being one cancellation away from not making TPC myself.)

I think Kristi is on the right track. Look thru the catalog and come up with some "one time only" specials you can offer. They can be like she suggested and involve a half-price special with minimum purchase and/or packages that offer a great savings. Run the numbers and figure out what you are willing to accept as out-of-pocket. (Ideal would be breaking even.)

Take all the orders and submit them with you as host, so you at least receive the benefits.

If it helps, I felt like giving up last week. I finally stepped back and gave myself permission to not make TPC. Once I imagined myself not making it (and accepting it), the pressure was off and I could feel positive about it again. Now if it happens, I'll view it as a blessing instead of some wierd distorted failure on my part.

Sending prayers your way. (You are amazing...I'm blown away at what you've accomplished...especially these past couple months!!!)

pampmomof3 said:
Okay, Bonnie said:
spend $60 and get any piece of cookware at 50% off. Put it on the customer's order..not host discount...you pay for it, but it's a write off and it gets you TPC

I have since sent another one asker her if she set a limit on how much the cookware was. LIke under $100. I'm waiting her response

With this deal you are actually paying less than 25% out of pocket and like Kristy said, you can write 50% off.

My math: Customer pays 50%, your commission is between 25-30%. So a $100 item = $50 consultant gift (tax deduction). Commission on the item is $25 or more. And then with TPC you get all those PC$$, ring or diamond on the ring, etc. (I know... I don't have to tell you all that.:rolleyes:)

I would so do this if I was that close to TPC!!

Hey, was anyone interested in Cookware? You can give them 30% off (lose your commission), but have $750 in sales!! Just a thought.

Okay she said:

I was so desperate to make it, they could get a cookware set for half price if they wanted...Don't want cookware, ok, get a stone for half price...I was really giving a good deal...

I'm also going to send that email to you RIGHT now about my 25% off deal.

Okay, its sent! I sent this because I was REALLY close to earning the cruise and as you know I MADE IT!!

This is what it says:
Celebrate the holiday season with 25% off!

Finish up your holiday shopping with a HUGE discount!!! Place your order with me by Friday, December 14th at 8 pm and receive:

 Place a $100 (or more) order and receive 25% off your purchase!!
 Everyone who places an order ($.01-$unlimited) also receives 20% off as many as they’d like: Stackable Cooling Rack, Pastry Mat, Pastry Blender and Cookie Press!! (this is on top of my 25% discount!!)
 Every order placed will also receive a FREE Season’s Best Cookbook!!

This discount includes EVERYTHING in the ENTIRE catalog Including Cookware and Stoneware!!
I’m very close to a personal goal of mine and I’m asking for your help! So, if you know ANYONE who could benefit from this email, please pass it on!! I gladly accept referrals!! 
If you would like to look through the catalog, my website is: /ktarducci PLEASE Remember that you MUST call me or email me your order to get the 25% discount. This offer is only valid through me, Kristi Tarducci. Also, all orders placed will be guaranteed to arrive by Christmas! HAPPY SHOPPING!!

<h2>1. What ingredients should I look for in a blemish concealer?</h2><p>When searching for a good blemish concealer, look for ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which are known for their acne-fighting properties. These ingredients can help treat and prevent breakouts while providing coverage.</p><h2>2. How do I know which shade of concealer to choose?</h2><p>It's important to choose a concealer that matches your skin tone as closely as possible. If you're unsure, try testing the concealer on your jawline or inner wrist to see if it blends seamlessly into your skin.</p><h2>3. Can I use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication. However, it's important to let the medication fully absorb into your skin before applying the concealer to avoid any flaking or irritation.</p><h2>4. Are there any non-medicated blemish concealers available?</h2><p>Yes, there are non-medicated blemish concealers available. Look for concealers that contain natural ingredients like tea tree oil or witch hazel, which can also help with acne-prone skin.</p><h2>5. How can I prevent the concealer from flaking on my skin?</h2><p>To prevent flaking, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before applying the concealer. You can also try using a hydrating primer or setting spray to keep the concealer in place. Additionally, avoid using too much product and gently blend it onto the blemish instead of rubbing it in vigorously.</p>

Related to Looking for a Good Blemish Concealer

1. What ingredients should I look for in a blemish concealer?

When searching for a good blemish concealer, look for ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which are known for their acne-fighting properties. These ingredients can help treat and prevent breakouts while providing coverage.

2. How do I know which shade of concealer to choose?

It's important to choose a concealer that matches your skin tone as closely as possible. If you're unsure, try testing the concealer on your jawline or inner wrist to see if it blends seamlessly into your skin.

3. Can I use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication?

Yes, you can use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication. However, it's important to let the medication fully absorb into your skin before applying the concealer to avoid any flaking or irritation.

4. Are there any non-medicated blemish concealers available?

Yes, there are non-medicated blemish concealers available. Look for concealers that contain natural ingredients like tea tree oil or witch hazel, which can also help with acne-prone skin.

5. How can I prevent the concealer from flaking on my skin?

To prevent flaking, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before applying the concealer. You can also try using a hydrating primer or setting spray to keep the concealer in place. Additionally, avoid using too much product and gently blend it onto the blemish instead of rubbing it in vigorously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • darlinclem
  • Products and Tips
Replies