• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot - Do You Have a Domed Cake Stand?

In summary, Ann likes the concept of the Anchor Hocking glass cake stand with a cover, but does not particularly like the style. She's looking for something under $25.00. The others suggested that she check out the DS companies that are reputable. She also heard from a friend that Henn is strictly online sales now, so she should be able to find one there. She has a cheap one from a $10 gift exchange, and 2 nice ones.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Since our awesome company does not yet offer this, I'm thinking of buying a glass cake stand with a cover. I like Anchor Hocking's concept, in which you can also turn the stand upside down, invert the cover, and, voila! instant punch bowl. I don't, however, particularly like the style.

I also saw some that you can turn the stand over and make it into a chips and dip dish. Again, good idea, ugly style. So, I wondered if you all had any recommendations. I'm looking for something under $25.00 (another plus with the Anchor Hocking).

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. And, yes, I'd be willing to consider buying from a reputable DS company, but didn't see anything at the SLAH website.

I've got that Anchor Hocking one that turns into a punch bowl. I never use it as a punch bowl and rarely use it as a cake server. It chips pretty easily (there are a couple of large chips out of the edge of the base on mine). When I want a pedestal plate for a cake, I use SA and a piece of rubber drawer liner.

Thanks Ann! Good to know about the AH chipping so easily.

What SA do you use? Do you ever bring cakes to parties, whatever, and if so, how do you transport them?

If I want a cake stand, I put the SA round platter on a small or med dots round bowl that's upside down. With a small piece of shelf liner between them (the rubber kind), it's pretty secure. When carrying a cake to a party, I either use the dome from the AH set, or I use a large round plastic storage container inverted over the cake, which is lighter to carry.

You can also use the base of the trifle bowl under either the SA round platter, dinner plate or medium square plate to make a cake stand. I usually just put a few toothpicks in the top of the cake and cover it with saran wrap. Works well for me.

I was going to post the same as Ann about the Anchor Hocking plate. I finally threw mine away.
At Macy's I found a Godinger cut crystal one it was a $100 plate but after the sale and my coupon I paid $40 for it

I just got one at Kohls last week. They have them on sale for 24.99 (Food Network brand)

I also have the Anchor Hocking one. My mom does as well.
Mine is smooth, hers is ribbed.
She's had hers forever and I've had mine for 6+ years. Neither are chipped and work great.

I also have the AH one. For transporting, it is very heavy, not ideal. If you're looking for something to transport cakes, check out the Wilton section of your local craft store (Michael's, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby) or Wal-Mart. I got a cake carrier that has a handle in the dome, and locks onto the bottom.

It's definitely too bad TPC doesn't offer a cake stand; I could use one!

I have one I bought from Henn Workshops a few years ago~like it but it rarely gets used for transporting since it is breakable. For transporting, I use the Tupperware covered one I have....

I did hear from a friend that Henn is strictly online sales now, so you should be able to get one from there.

I have a really cheap one from a $10 gift exchange! I couldn't tell you what brand or even any details about it. I've never chipped it, but it might be ugly. I've never really looked at it that close. I use it at home for birthday cakes.

I have 2 really nice ones.
1 is from Pottery Barn
the other from Southern Living at Home
Taste of Home Entertaining also has one that can be used as a cake stand or a chip/dip platter. HTH :)

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I'll check out Kohl's, etc., and if I don't see anything I like, I'll continue to check online (I didn't look at TOHE).

What are the dimensions of the domed cake stand?

The domed cake stand has a diameter of 12 inches and a height of 6 inches.

Is the dome removable for easy storage?

Yes, the dome is removable for convenient storage. It also has a locking mechanism to securely hold the dome in place while in use.

What material is the cake stand made of?

The cake stand is made of high-quality, durable plastic that is both BPA-free and dishwasher safe.

Can the cake stand be used for other desserts besides cakes?

Yes, the domed cake stand is versatile and can be used for displaying other desserts such as pies, tarts, and cupcakes.

Does the cake stand come with a warranty?

Yes, the domed cake stand comes with a one-year warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Judybabe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • wadesgirl