• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Good Blemish Concealer

In summary, the author is trying to earn $16,000 in one month and has been unsuccessful. She has 16 shows left in March and April and if she can sell most of the products she has in those months, she can make her goal. She also recommends broadcasting her goal and asking for help.
When I grow up, I want to be Deb!

Oh, who am I kidding, I am never growing up! I will just have to settle on being Lisa! ;)

I'm down to $6500.
Because I'm still rebuilding after moving in Feb, I was willing to book full, uh really full. This weekend I have:

Friday night- a show that has $350+ in outside orders and 11 est attendees (bless her).
Saturday morning - a small fair I'm doing w/a new consultant (to help her w/booking leads and possibly generate a small HWC show from sales).
Saturday afternoon - a show (est 7 guests)
Sunday morning - closing a fundraiser (no idea how that will turn out)
Sunday afternoon - a show (est 10 guests)

I know this is a crazy schedule, but it's still tame compared to some of my past military days. (Regardless of one's thoughts on the military, it's good for teaching you what you can accomplish when the option to quit is taken away :bugeye:) It also helps that I truly enjoy this business.

After moving twice in three months, I didn't think TPC was even an option. Then Janet started the TPC thread on CS and I saw Deb's post, Carolyn's and some of the others. The support everyone was giving motivated me to give it a serious go.:blushing:

Go Kris! That is FANTASTIC!

legacypc46 said:
I'm down to $6500.
Because I'm still rebuilding after moving in Feb, I was willing to book full, uh really full. This weekend I have:

Friday night- a show that has $350+ in outside orders and 11 est attendees (bless her).
Saturday morning - a small fair I'm doing w/a new consultant (to help her w/booking leads and possibly generate a small HWC show from sales).
Saturday afternoon - a show (est 7 guests)
Sunday morning - closing a fundraiser (no idea how that will turn out)
Sunday afternoon - a show (est 10 guests)

I know this is a crazy schedule, but it's still tame compared to some of my past military days. (Regardless of one's thoughts on the military, it's good for teaching you what you can accomplish when the option to quit is taken away :bugeye:) It also helps that I truly enjoy this business.

After moving twice in three months, I didn't think TPC was even an option. Then Janet started the TPC thread on CS and I saw Deb's post, Carolyn's and some of the others. The support everyone was giving motivated me to give it a serious go.:blushing:

You can do it!!! I know what that crazy schedule is like. It's completely nuts and you'll feel like you're losing your mind, but it'll be SO worth it! That was me last year when I did $10,000 in sales in May to get TPC. I even over-shot it by about $2000. This year - not so much. But I'm rooting everyone else on!!! You can do it!!!

Go Kris!
You CAN do it - you are so amazing!!!

Just closed a show at $1149. Inching closer and closer. Updated my siggie to reflect my new goal.

Woo-hoo Deb! Love, love, love your show amounts.

DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are SO going to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Deb Go!!!!!

I have another $600 sitting here ready to go once I receive checks, then I have two or three catty shows out there and 8 cooking shows for May and two fairs, so we'll see.....I HAVE TO MAKE IT!!!!! :D

Yeah, Deb! I am trying to make sure that all my May Shows hold...lots of Host Coaching and letting them know my goals.

With what I am sitting on (I hate it when they don't close shows when they say they will!!) I am down to needing $4547.

DebbieJ said:
I have another $600 sitting here ready to go once I receive checks, then I have two or three catty shows out there and 8 cooking shows for May and two fairs, so we'll see.....

I HAVE TO MAKE IT!!!!! :D

You WILL!! Are you doing your own show? Or just your own catalog show fundraiser for all those random orders you might get in May? Just to give yourself some leeway, have you ever done a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show? This may be the month to do it. Knowing me, if I were in your situation, I'd ALMOST get there.

But you're looking GREAT!!!

You WILL make it Deb! I know you and you'll Do it! I have faith!!

Lordy Deb. With your recent show average, you'll make your goal and maybe double! Keep the updates coming!

Yes, I had a talk this morning with one of my May hosts that she must have a $1000 show. :D

pamperedbecky said:
You WILL!! Are you doing your own show? Or just your own catalog show fundraiser for all those random orders you might get in May? Just to give yourself some leeway, have you ever done a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show? This may be the month to do it. Knowing me, if I were in your situation, I'd ALMOST get there.

But you're looking GREAT!!!

My own show/HWC fundraiser is tonight. It's going to be a small crowd because I just didn't get it together and call people as much as I should have. Having the cruise in the middle of it there kinda threw a wrench in my plans. I haven't done a Mystery Host Catalog show since last spring, so maybe it's time to pull that one out. :D

Girl, it is time to pull all the tricks out of the bag!

DebbieJ said:
My own show/HWC fundraiser is tonight. It's going to be a small crowd because I just didn't get it together and call people as much as I should have. Having the cruise in the middle of it there kinda threw a wrench in my plans. I haven't done a Mystery Host Catalog show since last spring, so maybe it's time to pull that one out. :D

Good luck at your show tonight! If you decide to do the mystery host catalog show, maybe announce it tonight and see who might be interested. Although you don't want it to affect their orders tonight!

Woohoo!! Online activity for $24! Every little bit helps. :)

That's funny Deb! I just got one for $26!! Yeah!!

Good Luck tonight!

Wow, people must be in the shopping mood! I just got one for $48.50!! A good way to start May off.:)

Oh, and I FINALLY hit level 1 of the Dream Escapes incentive too.

Am less than $400 away from level one as of my show tonight! :)

Yeah Colleen! Woo-hoo!

Well, every little bit counts...I just got a call from a Host who I didn't know was going to actually get enough sales to make her catalog show. $165 in sales.

I am down to needing around $4400. The Fundraiser I was supposed to do was a complete flop, but I have 9 shows for May (after cancelations and reschedules so far).

I have 37,000 trip points and just signed a recruit yesterday. Have a meeting with a lead today. Those 4000 points each will sooooo help!

Everyone else is really moving along, too!! Yeah Colleen and Deb!!

I can't wait to see everyone at Conference and cheer you all on stage!

37,000 trip points! That's awesome Janice!

Stupid TPC calculator is not updating! GRRR!!

I am determined to do this without having to beg (i.e. offer a sale).I sent out an email yesterday about HWC then one today about the outlet updating. I got an order for $60 for HWC then I just got an online activity with $84.75 worth of orders! WOOT!AND a friend from church (who is a former consultant) asked me about doing a show for HWC. Finally today we set a date and we set the goal for her show as $1500. :):)

Go Deb!!!!

Whew. Another $1000 down. Tonight's show is at $1063. We're submitting on Monday, so may hit $1100. I'm hoping to generate another $1000 between tomorrow's show and Sunday's (both are small groups).

Great response on the emails Deb. I am totally broke in the whole newsletter/email department. (Carolyn even tried helping me, but I just don't have my act together to get those out.)

legacypc46 said:
Whew. Another $1000 down. Tonight's show is at $1063. We're submitting on Monday, so may hit $1100. I'm hoping to generate another $1000 between tomorrow's show and Sunday's (both are small groups).

Great response on the emails Deb. I am totally broke in the whole newsletter/email department. (Carolyn even tried helping me, but I just don't have my act together to get those out.)

If I wasn't using MyEmailDesigns and Benchmark, my newsletters wouldn't get sent either. I love those services.

Submitted Friday's show at $1074 and a Fundraiser I just closed for $1063. Need $4403 more to make it.

:pray:Praying for no cancellations!:pray:

Go Leggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

legacypc46 said:
Submitted Friday's show at $1074 and a Fundraiser I just closed for $1063. Need $4403 more to make it.

:pray:Praying for no cancellations!:pray:

You can do it!!!

Turned in two small shows tonight--$325.75 and $407.80.Inching closer and closer....

DebbieJ said:
Turned in two small shows tonight--$325.75 and $407.80.

Inching closer and closer....

Woo hooo!!!! How many shows left???

My # of shows left will be updated tomorrow. I have a host who needs to reschedule--ugh--but I may pick up one more from a guest from Friday's show.

Tied up another loose end--$308.45. This was just a small show of orders I collected and ordering gifts for two upcoming weddings. :)Down to $6243 to go with about $700-800 still sitting here and 7ish shows in May.

Oh my, I am going to scream. Friday's show just cancelled. This woman has rescheduled twice already.NOW, I realize part of it is my fault because i haven't kept up with host coaching her. Last I heard she sent out all her invites, so I *thought* we were good to go. (This is a woman who insisted on sending her own)AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!Okay, now I really need to get on the phone and replace this booking.

Oh that sucks!!:( I'll cross my fingers that you get 1 or 2 to replace that! Last year when I was pretty much right where you are, I pulled out all the stops. I do a lot for May anyway, but I pretty much started begging when I knew I was so close to TPC I could taste it. It actually worked! I don't know if you've gotten to that point yet, but maybe there are some friends or acquaintances who could help you out and who you wouldn't mind "begging" to.

GOOD LUCK!!:)

Deb, I am in no way an expert on this, but many years ago when my Director was trying to earn the Montreal trip for 2 and was down to the wire, she called literally EVERYONE she knew...not just PC customers...and told them her goal. She then asked if they could help by ordering or collecting orders for her~nothing was too small! She pulled it off on the last night at 11 pm EST! but that was because she had shared how important it was to her. She even had people calling her to ask had she made it and if they needed to call others for more orders!

GO FOR IT!!!!

so, Deb, after I posted this, I went to CS and look at what I found! If this consultant was this successful with "pampering" a business, it is sure worth a try for you (and anyone else) to get TPC!!
I'm new to PC and really wanted to reach out to my community and meet new people. I set a goal to find 3 businesses to pamper every Tuesday and Thursday in my first 30 days. So far I have pampered 12 businesses and received over $2500 in sales from NEW customers.

What I have been doing is going in on Tues/Thurs and asking the receptionists if i could "pamper their office tomorrow." I have about a 50% success rate (most no's because PC consultant already servicing office). Then on Wed/Fri I bring in a generic basket of cookies (nothing special, it's not about the recipe...just about getting people to notice PC). I also bring in a few catalogs, OOF and a flyer stating information about "mystery hostess sweepstakes" (I pick from all $30 or more orders for a random hostess).

Then on the next Tuesday/Thursday I go back in to pick up orders and my basket. I let the mystery hostess know she won...and close the show by the weekend.

Adding up my time and expenses...it's WELL worth it to pamper a business. I spend about $5.00 on each business and it takes about 3 hours out of my week to do all 6 businesses.

I encourage you all to do this if you have the need to increase your business...it can't hurt to try, right?

Do everything it takes Deb; you've come too far. The Pampering Business suggestion is great. Maybe do a bunch of them? (Sounds like she just buys the cookies...if you simply have to do a PC recipe, a double batch of the almond macaroon cookies is easy to do and makes TONS, especially if you make the cookies small. Just make sure there's a note about containing nuts :blushing:).

If I recall a previous post correctly, you really don't want to have to ask people for help, but there are probably oodles of previous customers and hosts who would love to help you. Would you consider having a back-up plan if you need it? You could offer them a extra-special discount on a high value package of items (maybe all the chillzanes or a grill package) to encourage high sales. Those who generate $200 or more in sales could also be entered for a host benefits drawing.

Hang in there. You're going to do it. We're cheering you on and we have your back!!!

I am down to needing only $3986. I have a good show coming up on Friday, had cancels and reschedules and then 4 more shows at the end of the month.

UGH! I don't know if I can make it!!!!

:eek:OMG! I just recalculated and with what I have now waiting to submit I am down to $2984.....:eek:

Janice.....see the post pertaining to "Pamper"ing a business???? do it! I mean, $2984 at this point in the month is totally do-able if you have gotten this far, right?????
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

You can do it Janice!!!!!Go Girl!

I just sent out an email offering a Mystery Host catalog party to like 25 people....

Good for you Deb. (I think I probably need to start building a back-up plan as well.)

Woo-hoo Janice! We all have to do this!!!!

When I'm desperate to meet a goal, I send an email out saying they'll receive a 25% discount on All orders OVER $100. People eat it up. Yeah you don't make commission but the end result is better. My least successful was $300 worth (3 people ordered) and my best was $700 with 5 people ordering! It works well! Try it!

pampmomof3 said:
When I'm desperate to meet a goal, I send an email out saying they'll receive a 25% discount on All orders OVER $100. People eat it up. Yeah you don't make commission but the end result is better. My least successful was $300 worth (3 people ordered) and my best was $700 with 5 people ordering! It works well! Try it!
My email list of people doesn't seem to respond with orders like yours does, but believe me, it is in my back pocket for the last week of May. :)

<h2>1. What ingredients should I look for in a blemish concealer?</h2><p>When searching for a good blemish concealer, look for ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which are known for their acne-fighting properties. These ingredients can help treat and prevent breakouts while providing coverage.</p><h2>2. How do I know which shade of concealer to choose?</h2><p>It's important to choose a concealer that matches your skin tone as closely as possible. If you're unsure, try testing the concealer on your jawline or inner wrist to see if it blends seamlessly into your skin.</p><h2>3. Can I use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication. However, it's important to let the medication fully absorb into your skin before applying the concealer to avoid any flaking or irritation.</p><h2>4. Are there any non-medicated blemish concealers available?</h2><p>Yes, there are non-medicated blemish concealers available. Look for concealers that contain natural ingredients like tea tree oil or witch hazel, which can also help with acne-prone skin.</p><h2>5. How can I prevent the concealer from flaking on my skin?</h2><p>To prevent flaking, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before applying the concealer. You can also try using a hydrating primer or setting spray to keep the concealer in place. Additionally, avoid using too much product and gently blend it onto the blemish instead of rubbing it in vigorously.</p>

Related to Looking for a Good Blemish Concealer

1. What ingredients should I look for in a blemish concealer?

When searching for a good blemish concealer, look for ingredients like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which are known for their acne-fighting properties. These ingredients can help treat and prevent breakouts while providing coverage.

2. How do I know which shade of concealer to choose?

It's important to choose a concealer that matches your skin tone as closely as possible. If you're unsure, try testing the concealer on your jawline or inner wrist to see if it blends seamlessly into your skin.

3. Can I use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication?

Yes, you can use a blemish concealer on top of acne medication. However, it's important to let the medication fully absorb into your skin before applying the concealer to avoid any flaking or irritation.

4. Are there any non-medicated blemish concealers available?

Yes, there are non-medicated blemish concealers available. Look for concealers that contain natural ingredients like tea tree oil or witch hazel, which can also help with acne-prone skin.

5. How can I prevent the concealer from flaking on my skin?

To prevent flaking, make sure to properly moisturize your skin before applying the concealer. You can also try using a hydrating primer or setting spray to keep the concealer in place. Additionally, avoid using too much product and gently blend it onto the blemish instead of rubbing it in vigorously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • darlinclem
  • Products and Tips
Replies