• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

More for Kg but if Anyone Knows About This...

In summary, this book is a collection of photos from The Milwaukee Journal from the 1970s. It belonged to Pat's dad and is in good condition. John is wondering if he can sell it.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have in my possession a soft covered, orange booklet. This booklet has the title, "Remember When... A nostalgic look at Old Milwaukee with a series of photos originally published in The Milwaukee Journal". On the back it reads: ""Remember When" A Milwaukee Journal Green Sheet Feature Reprinted by The Milwaukee Journal November, 1973". It is really neat and contains about 47 pages of photos, Like "Remember When... the big snow of '47 buried Milwaukee?" or Remember When Gilda Gray did the shimmy? or Remember When.. the corner drugstore carried home remedies? Really cool. I was wondering if you remember these? The reason I ask is that this copy is in very good condition. It belonged to Pat's dad and some how we got it when he passed. Pat is now wondering if he could sell it of course but I was curious if you knew anything about this booklet. I also can not find anything on the internet about this. I am going to see if anything comes up under the Milwaukee Public Library as they seem to be the ones who put it together. Just wondering!

John, it was one of the books that the Journal published itself. They often put together collections of popular items from regular columns. I doubt that any of them had ISBN numbers or were available anywhere other than the Journal itself.I have a book that is a collection of political cartoons drawn by Bill Sanders, the Journal's talented editorial cartoonist for many years. Many times, I just wanted to reach through the newspaper and slap him, but often he was dead-on with his lampooning. (The ongoing battle between the Journal and Mayor Meyer was legendary, and Sanders was a ruthless purveyor of cartoons that lampooned the mayor.I remember, so to speak, the Remember When column in the Green Sheet. In fact, I continued my subscription to the Journal just for the Green Sheet. When they discontinued it, I discontinued them.

Here's an article about the Green Sheet at a site called Ephemeraology.

I loved the green sheet.

Gerald Kloss Slightly Kloss Eyed, Ione Quinby Griggs Dear Mrs. Griggs, Mr. Tweedy, There Outta Be A Law, Our Boarding House, Pogo, Li'l Abner, Mark Trail, Mary Worth, Tumbleweeds, The Far Side…just a few of the good memories provided by the Green Sheet.

I loved the Green Sheet growing up... I saved the last one they printed somewhere. I'm sure I'll come across it in a box someday when I'm old. Are any of the photos in the book credited to Robert Boyd? He was my great grandfather and a Journal photographer. :)

No mention of Robert Boyd. The names though seem to be the people who had the photos and contributed them to the project. Not that photographers though unless ome of them are.

What is "More for Kg"?

"More for Kg" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase kitchen products in bulk at discounted prices. The more kilograms you purchase, the more you save.

How do I participate in the "More for Kg" program?

To participate in the "More for Kg" program, simply add the desired products to your cart and the discount will automatically be applied based on the total weight of your order.

What products are eligible for the "More for Kg" program?

Most of our products are eligible for the "More for Kg" program, but some exclusions may apply. To see if a product is eligible, check the product page or contact a Pampered Chef consultant.

Can I mix and match products in the "More for Kg" program?

Yes, you can mix and match eligible products to reach the desired weight for the discount. The discount will be applied to the total weight of your order.

Is there a limit to how much I can purchase through the "More for Kg" program?

There is no limit to how much you can purchase through the "More for Kg" program. The more you purchase, the more you save!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaiser
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies