• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Living in Two Totally Different Areas

how shall I say this? A following.She is VERY excited about the prospect of being able to order from you from Guam. Your customer is a pro! You should be proud of her. :) Definitely book shows for when you are back in CT. My director was in Italy and is now in the states. She came back to Italy earlier this year and combined vacation with several shows (tax write-off!). I have a customer who is PCS-ing to Guam this week. I told her about you yesterday and she was soooo excited to know she would have a rep there (her husband loves the executive cookware). She is very outgoing and is bound to acquire a... how shall I say this?
cookingmommy
Hi Everyone.

I have a weird situation. Well not weird for the military!!!! My husband is in the Navy and we are stationed in Guam. I just started my business however I had my starter kit send to my hometown in CT because I am here for two months (5 weeks left) So, technically my only client base is in CT not Guam.

Once I go back to Guam I am going to continue with my business even though I am a bit frightened because I don't know alot of people and the shipping is kindof expensive but I am going to do my best.

I want to keep my client base in CT strong even though I am only home about 3 months out of the year. Does anyone have any suggestions? I love reading about the different phone sales and mystery hosts but I don't know how I would do that with the 15 hour time difference and 10,000 mile distance.

Any ideas.

Gosh, I'm feel so bad. I keep asking for ideas. Hopefully soon, I will have some experience and can give some,lol. This website is great and I can't leave my computer. My husband is starting to feel neglected. Well, at least it will give me something else to do when he is out to sea!!!!!

Erin,

Do you know ahead of time when you'll be in CT? If you do, you can plan ahead and get those months booked really solid. Use the monthly host specials as a real tool for booking catalog shows in CT when you're not there. You can communicate to that customer base via email and your PWS (if you have one).

Don't fret about asking a lot of questions. That's what we're here for! Some of us (me! me! me!) mostly like hearing ourselves talk, even if it's via typing instead. :)

chefann said:
Don't fret about asking a lot of questions. That's what we're here for! Some of us (me! me! me!) mostly like hearing ourselves talk, even if it's via typing instead. :)

ROFLMAO - I just love you Ann!
XOXOXOXO

Hi Erin!

I would strongly recommend you have a Pampered Chef Website, and you could have people host online shows for you - like catalog shows, but without the paper. You could do mystery host shows that way, but everyone would pretty much have to use direct shipping, since you don't want the show items sent to your house! You can do an email version of a phone sale. I would do a regular newsletter. Or, rather than that, send a link to your website and post specials and recipes and such on that.

If you want to make this work, it will, I'm sure!

How would I set up a mystery show with my problems. There would be 10 people who submit orders to my personal website for $100 or more. Each person would have to charge direct shipping and tax for their each of their orders. Then I would pick the mystery host. I would plug her in as the host and have her stuff and her host benefits sent to her with free shipping.

Did that sound like it would work out? I guess the biggest problem would be the shipping for the mystery hosts to figure out since I wouldn't have the ease of just shipping it to me and then giving it to my hosts.

Gosh, living in Guam is not easy for Pampered Chef. Hopefully only one more year there and then who knows where!!!

Also, I have seen some mystery host flyers where the one host gets all the benefits and then I have seen some where every host gets something ( 1 gets free product, 4 get half-price, 1 gets host special, and 4 get 30% off)

Does anyone think one works better than the other?

I would recomend doing a mystery hostess where one host gets all of the benifits. The other way I have to enter all of the winners orders on the host, and divide it when it comes in.

Now that I think about it, I guess for my Connecticut mystery host show I would have do it that way since I wouldn't be there to divide everything up.

I'll just need to get creative.

Erin,

Definitely book shows for when you are back in CT. My director was in Italy and is now in the states. She came back to Italy earlier this year and combined vacation with several shows (tax write-off!).

I have a customer who is PCS-ing to Guam this week. I told her about you yesterday and she was soooo excited to know she would have a rep there (her husband loves the executive cookware). She is very outgoing and is bound to acquire a great circle of friends very quickly. :)

Thanks for sharing my information with your friend moving to Guam. It would be wonderful to get to know someone from the opposite end of the island...not that Guam is that big!!!! Plus, if she loves Pampered Chef and is outgoing her love for PC will just spread.

If she has any questions about the island in general feel free to share my email with her. I would love to answer any questions or concerns she has about the island. [email protected]

We still have anywhere between 15 months and 2 years left on the island.

Thanks,

1. How do you adjust to the cultural differences when living in two different areas?

When living in two different areas, it's important to be open-minded and willing to learn about the local culture. Take the time to explore and participate in local events and traditions. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and engage in conversations with people from the area to gain a better understanding of their customs and way of life.

2. How do you manage the logistics of living in two different areas?

Managing the logistics of living in two different areas can be challenging, but it's important to have a plan and stay organized. Utilize technology to stay in touch with friends and family, and keep track of important dates and appointments. If possible, try to establish a routine and schedule that works for both locations.

3. How do you maintain relationships with friends and family when living in two different areas?

Staying connected with friends and family while living in two different areas requires effort and communication. Make use of technology, such as video calls and social media, to stay in touch and share updates. Plan visits and trips to see each other, and make sure to prioritize quality time when you are together.

4. How do you handle the financial aspects of living in two different areas?

Living in two different areas can come with additional expenses, such as travel costs and maintaining two households. It's important to create a budget and stick to it. Consider ways to save money, such as booking flights in advance or finding affordable housing options. Also, make sure to communicate openly with any roommates or family members about financial responsibilities.

5. How do you cope with the emotional challenges of living in two different areas?

Living in two different areas can bring up a range of emotions, from excitement to homesickness. It's important to acknowledge and address these feelings. Stay connected with loved ones, find ways to stay connected to your community, and make time for self-care. Remember the reasons why you chose to live in two different areas and focus on the positive aspects of your unique lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies