• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Light & Summery Drinks for Your Next Happy Hour Party

In summary, Sangria can be made with different types of alcoholic drinks, including pink lemonade and vodka, and Margaritas can be made with tequila and Sprite.
cjdrish
I am looking for an alcoholic drink for the quick stir pitcher for a "happy hour"party and I am having trouble finding one that sounds light and summery. Anyone have any ideas?

you could do orange soda, vanilla ice cream and vodka (add each to your liking)...cool, citrusy and has alcohol....I know there are some others out there but that's all I can think of right now.

sangriai just made a really yummy sangria that i got from this site!! i modified it a bit - here's mine.

Refreshing Sangria

1 bottle red wine, chilled
1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 can (6 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange

Empty concentrates into Family Sized Quick-Stir Pitcher and add 5 cups of water. Refrigerate and chill for 1/2 hour. Open wine bottle using Wine Bottle Opener. Pour wine into Family Sized Quick-Stir Pitcher. Plunge until well mixed. Refrigerate another 1/2 hour to allow flavors to blend, Then serve.

"strip and go naked"
1 can pink lemonade concentrate
1 empty pink lemonade can filled with vodka (maybe more like 3/4)
1 can/bottle beer

I know it sounds nasty, but it is delicious! I have made it for several non-PC parties and it's a huge hit! When you tell people what's in it they're always surprised!

I've made mimosa's. (OJ & champagne). But plunge carefully and slowly as the champagne will fizz and overflow.

mMmosa's are awsome in the quick stir pitcher. I mix mine 50/50 oj and champagne.

oooooooh I never thought of MMMMMosas!! Sounds great!

Margaritas are always a hit!

Slap Your Mama Margaritas!My favorite for summertime parties - the ingredients are wierd, but trust me on these - everyone always asks for the recipe and says they are the best Margaritas ever - and I sell a few pitchers too!

1 can Corona beer (no substitutes!)
1 12 oz can frozen limeade
Tequila (fill up limeade can)

Put these in Family Size QSP and plunge!!! Add 1 liter bottle of 7-up or Sprite (well chilled) - the whole bottle probably will not fit. Plunge and enjoy! Its the carbonation that makes them so good - and then the Corona too! I sometimes squeeze a lime in too (using the new citrus press) - another product to show off!

Related to Light & Summery Drinks for Your Next Happy Hour Party

1. What are some refreshing summer drinks that are easy to make for a happy hour party?

Some refreshing summer drinks that are perfect for a happy hour party include sangria, mojitos, margaritas, spritzers, and fruity cocktails. You can also serve non-alcoholic options like homemade lemonade and iced tea.

2. Can you provide some ideas for light and low-calorie drinks for a happy hour party?

For light and low-calorie drink options, you can mix vodka or gin with club soda and add in fresh fruit or herbs for flavor. Another option is to make a refreshing cucumber or watermelon mocktail using sparkling water and muddled fruit.

3. What are some options for non-alcoholic drinks for those who do not drink alcohol?

For non-alcoholic options, you can serve homemade lemonade, iced tea, infused water, or mocktails made with fresh fruit and sparkling water. You can also offer non-alcoholic beer and wine for those who prefer a drink that mimics the taste of alcohol.

4. What are some tips for making batch cocktails for a large happy hour party?

When making batch cocktails, it's important to keep the ingredients simple and easy to mix in large quantities. Stick to classic recipes like margaritas, sangria, and mojitos that can be made in large pitchers. You can also pre-mix the base of the cocktail and add in ice and garnishes when serving.

5. How can I make my happy hour drinks more visually appealing?

To make your happy hour drinks more visually appealing, you can use fun and colorful garnishes like fresh fruit, herbs, or edible flowers. You can also serve the drinks in unique glasses or add in decorative stirrers. Another idea is to create a signature drink for the party and serve it in a special glass or with a custom garnish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
LoriLions
Replies
Views
chickey
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach