• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Notify Customers About Back Orders?

but sometimes they just can't be bothered to write it down. I usually just tell them that it is on backorder and to check back in a few weeks. If they are really interested I might take down their information so I don't forget to order it for them.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Do you send a letter to your customers when an item is on back order, included into there order? If so, can any one let me "borrow" it???

I usually just forward the email I get from HO to them with a note saying I will keep them posted.

I havent' had to come across this before... but I think that is a good idea..... does anyone put stickers in the catalog for shows or do you just say this is on backorder?

mommyhugz1978 said:
I havent' had to come across this before... but I think that is a good idea..... does anyone put stickers in the catalog for shows or do you just say this is on backorder?

There is no need at this point to put a sticker in the catalog. If someone orders it right now at a show I would tell them that due to this product being such a great seller that the order may be backordered and ask them if they still want to order it now and will get it as soon as it gets in or keep a running list of names and numbers so when they are completely back in stock you can order them then. Other than that on outside orders/catalog shows that you don't have control of telling them as backorders come and go I would think a customer care call might be an idea.

I'm sending out emails and offering a 10% off coupon on their next purchase in case anyone gets upset or irritated. I sold 13 in the last two shows I submitted on the 31st. I had a one lady order 3 of them: 2 for gifts and 1 for herself and that's all she ordered! :eek: I get so flustered and nervous about what the customer will think in these situations!

pamperedharriet said:
There is no need at this point to put a sticker in the catalog. If someone orders it right now at a show I would tell them that due to this product being such a great seller that the order may be backordered and ask them if they still want to order it now and will get it as soon as it gets in or keep a running list of names and numbers so when they are completely back in stock you can order them then. Other than that on outside orders/catalog shows that you don't have control of telling them as backorders come and go I would think a customer care call might be an idea.

I didnt' think their was a need for stickers... just easier to let the guest knwo that they can order it but it is backordered so it will take a while longer to get that item... I might give them a discount off if they do order it!

I personally I am not going to offer a discount. It is already so affordable. I will let them know their may be a delay in them getting the products and that if they provide me with their email address I will keep them posted of the arrival date. They are shipping them pretty soon from what I have seened.

Back orders do not bother me thwne they ship out pretty quick. We all deal with them when ordering clothes and stuff from magazines.

HO seems to be doing great with the advanced notice of how popular this item is and started contacting the manufacturer to pick up on production so even though we have a backorder I think it won't be too long before they are back in stock, my estimate is a couple of weeks or three the most--just my estimate. The price is great and affordable so I am not going to offer a discount either.

opps I didnt' mean off the mix n chop... I should have clairfied what I meant... sorry my head is not all the way on today... I meant that I would give them a slight discount off of their next order but then again I might not do that becasue HO is very quick to get things back on the right track!

I figure I'll mention it to the guests as they are checking out. It will give me good reason to make sure I get ALL their contact information! I have such a hard time getting people to give me addresses, phone #'s & emails!

That's OK Leah. How are you feeling by the way?

hoosierchef said:
I figure I'll mention it to the guests as they are checking out. It will give me good reason to make sure I get ALL their contact information! I have such a hard time getting people to give me addresses, phone #'s & emails!

I know what you mean. I try to tell them that it helps with take better care of them and to follow up to see how the product is working out for them,etc. as I like feedback to share with other customers. Sometimes someone will use the product for something we didn't think of and you can share the info.

I would just worry that with a discount they would take a big advantage of it and place a big order!!! ha!!!

hoosierchef said:

Oh my goodness. Me too! I am always telling people to fill out their order forms COMPLETELY and I tell them that in case something goes on back order, or something is wrong with shipment, etc.... that I need their info so that I can contact them about it, and STILL they don't. What I'm going to do is when they are giving me their orders to total up, if the info isn't filled out completely, I'm going to ask for what I need right there.

Yep. Hum.....I was thinking about telling them that my computer program won't allow me to enter orders without complete information. :p They don't know that I can, but maybe I'll get their information this way!

No one ever balks at giving me their complete info at a show, but for outside orders I tell the host I need the complete info for warranty purposes. :)

At my show Sunday I told customers buying the Mix and Chop that it was on backorder and that they would get it but it would be later than the other items. Everyone was fine with that.

I LOVE when customers pay with checks. What they often forget is they are giving me their address and phone number! :p The only thing to work for is the email addy.

I had a show on Fri and eveeryone loved the mix n chop I stated that it was on backorder and out of 7 people at the show I still had 5 mix n chops sold they did not have a problem with it.

1. What does "back order" mean?

Back order refers to an item that is currently out of stock but is expected to be restocked and shipped at a later date.

2. Why did I receive a "Letter Regarding Back Order"?

You received this letter because one or more items in your order are currently on back order and will not be shipped with the rest of your order.

3. How long will it take for the back ordered item to be shipped?

The estimated time for the back ordered item to be shipped can vary. We do our best to restock items as quickly as possible, but it ultimately depends on our suppliers and the availability of the item.

4. Can I cancel my order if an item is on back order?

Yes, you can cancel your order if an item is on back order. Please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with canceling the order and issuing a refund.

5. Will I be charged for shipping again when the back ordered item is shipped?

No, you will not be charged for shipping again when the back ordered item is shipped. We only charge for shipping once, when the entire order is shipped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimWalters
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikki70563
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • Nep2nfly