• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Meet Up: Monday Night After General Session

In summary, the conversation is about how to arrange a meet up for the first day of conference. The participants are looking for suggestions for a meet up place and time.
I was originally thinking 8 ish too! And then the others can just join us as they are available to do so! I might turn into a pumpkin if I'm gone tooooo long!:D :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Yes, that Corner Bakery or whatever it's called, by the Palmer is a good place! We ate there a couple times last year. Good food & really reasonable too! I don't think it's open in the evening though. We had breakfast & lunch there.
What if we have 2 meetups? In case some can't make the evening one. I know 9:30 sounds late, but I think we're done with general session at 6 (right?), then we have to take shuttles back to hotels, & get somewhere to eat, then to our meeting place. Of course I've learned that it takes way longer to get places in Chicago than it does here in small town KS! LOL:) Maybe us non-directors could do a Monday morning meetup at the Sheraton too? Just a thought!

I'd still be interested in a (late) Monday morning meeting at McCormick. Just a cup of coffee (or tea) and chat. Any takers? I know this would leave out Directors but we can still plan something for Monday night -- and then it would be easier for the rest of us to spot each other since we may have already met. :)

How many are arriving on Sunday?

The Corner Bakery is closed in the evening, as are most casual eateries and coffee spots. They cater to the working folks in that neighborhood.

lacychef said:
Yes, that Corner Bakery or whatever it's called, by the Palmer is a good place! We ate there a couple times last year. Good food & really reasonable too! I don't think it's open in the evening though. We had breakfast & lunch there.
What if we have 2 meetups? In case some can't make the evening one. I know 9:30 sounds late, but I think we're done with general session at 6 (right?), then we have to take shuttles back to hotels, & get somewhere to eat, then to our meeting place. Of course I've learned that it takes way longer to get places in Chicago than it does here in small town KS! LOL:) Maybe us non-directors could do a Monday morning meetup at the Sheraton too? Just a thought!
I'd go to both! I just love PC for my social outlet! :eek: I know you all are surprised by that!:D :rolleyes:
I don't care what time, as long as we meet, if it gets too late and I feel like I'm going to turn into a pumpkin then I'll just dismiss myself and go get some sleep!:)

Here is a link to a map. I highlighted the general area of the hotels. There are two Starbucks, both open until 10pm. There are a couple of other stores, but they close around 7pm. Take a look at the map and see what you think.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...3251127614808.0000011368719bdc5a921&z=15&om=1

I would say hang out at McCormick, but I don't know if there would be anywhere to hang out/snack there. Two meet ups might be a good idea.

Anne- I just dropped "ribbons" in the mail for you to distribute to CSers at your meet-up. And, yes, there's a blue one in there for you. :)

chefann said:
Anne- I just dropped "ribbons" in the mail for you to distribute to CSers at your meet-up. And, yes, there's a blue one in there for you. :)
Thanks! Looks like I better attend both meet & greets if we have 'em! LOL

chefann said:
I know I'm not in your wave, but I wanted to make a location suggestion. I don't know about near the Sheraton, but there's a Caribou Coffee about a block from the Chicago Hilton.

Caribou would be OK with me, too.

This is what I have so far...
LacyChef The Sheraton
MissChef The Sheraton
DebbieJ Hilton
Amerrigan The Sheraton
ChefRitz Sheraton
Soccermama Palmer House Hilton
ChefJeanine Hilton
Straitfan Palmer House Hilton
KRISTI'SCOOKING Hilton
MandyK Sheraton
SummerG Sheraton
Pcchris Chicago Hilton
Flamingo Chicago Hilton
alfskitchen Sheraton Hotel & Towers
AJPratt Sheraton
Kitchen2U Sheraton
Cassie1037 Sheraton
kathytnt ?
Brandi2007 ?
PamperedVal Hilton
its_me_susan?

10 Sheraton 6 Hilton 2 PH Hilton 4 ?

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
Caribou would be OK with me, too.

This is what I have so far...
LacyChef The Sheraton
MissChef The Sheraton
DebbieJ Hilton
Amerrigan The Sheraton
ChefRitz Sheraton
Soccermama Palmer House Hilton
ChefJeanine Hilton
Straitfan Palmer House Hilton
KRISTI'SCOOKING Hilton
MandyK Sheraton
SummerG Sheraton
Pcchris Chicago Hilton
Flamingo Chicago Hilton
alfskitchen Sheraton Hotel & Towers
AJPratt Sheraton
Kitchen2U Sheraton
Cassie1037 Sheraton
kathytnt ?
Brandi2007 ?
PamperedVal ?
its_me_susan?

10 Sheraton 5 Hilton 2 PH Hilton 4 ?

I'M STAYING AT THE EMBASSY... LOOKS LIKE I AM THE ONLY ONE!!!!:eek:

I'm at the Hilton.

I will be there Monday morning and should be available Monday night too.

There is no official cluster activity planned for my group Monday night....

I am getting excited - my business is slow this summer and this will give me the boost I need to get pumped up again for the fall!

I just ordered my Cheffer button so you can identify me, but I don't know if I'll be able to make the meet up, since my family will be traveling with me this year and I don't know what my cluster is planning (this will be the first year in a while that we'll have a sizeable group attending). We'll be staying at the Red Carpet Inn, which is a few blocks north of the Sheraton (less than 1/2 mile).

Monday morning is my tour of HO so I can't do a meeting then

I just found out I'm in Wave 3 and I'm looking forward to meeting more Cheffers! :)

HI Joelen - See if you can get a Cheffer pin to. It is how we are identifying who is a cheffer. I just posted on the other thread I am in Wave 3 also

Kathytnt said:
Monday morning is my tour of HO so I can't do a meeting then
OK... Forgot about that. So Monday evening 8ish might be better for most. I am figuring maybe we make it like 8 to 10? And if people are running late then they know someone will still be there if they want to come out? I don't expect everyone will be able to be there right at 8, although we could do an ontime drawing! LOL

Joelen said:
I just found out I'm in Wave 3 and I'm looking forward to meeting more Cheffers! :)

Cool! Welcome to our little Wave 3 group!

I think that maybe that we definetely will need 2 meetings! I still think that Monday night should be the main official meeting but the ones that can on Monday should meet in the morning too, I'm game! Especially if we are talking starbucks or someother place that will give me a good strong latte!:D

Joelen said:
Don't forget to find the thread about collecting cell #'s and read it then get ahold of Ann by PM and give her your info!:)
And Welcome to our Wave!

I checked out Caribou Coffee in the Hotel area

http://www.cariboucoffee.com/locations/map.asp?transaction=search&country=us&template=map_search&proxIconId=400&proxIconId=400&thumbLabelType=1&pWidth=424&radius=50&address=&postalCode=60603&city=&stateProvince=

And they are only open until 8:30-9pm. So, that might not be late enough.

so anne and Lacy, I was thinking about adding my "official counter downerererer for wave 3!" title to my signature, what do you think? Is it just a little over the top and too much! Or would my sense of humor just come out and it would be taken as funny as I think it sounds! :confused: ???!!! :eek: :D

I think it would be pretty funny! If I had a ribbon saying that I'd give it to you.

AJPratt said:
I think it would be pretty funny! If I had a ribbon saying that I'd give it to you.
Okay, Anne, I did it! It's official!!! I just needed one person to support me and you did!!! Thanks Girl! I look so forward to meeting my "parnter in crime!!!":p :eek: :D

OMG... LOVE it! Too funny!

I look forward to Lacy's reaction too! She's the one that asked me if it was a real word! Well, I guess it is now!:p :p :D

Joelen said:

Welcome to Wave 3! Lol! I LOVE your blog!!

Oh Cathy you are too funny! I love your sense of humor!

So where are we gonna meet if the coffee shop is only open till 9??

The Starbucks in the area is open until 10pm.

Just point me in the right direction and I will follow, just not off a bridge. My husband keeps warning me to not take the koolaide if they offer it at conference.

Should we start a poll with a couple of options of where to meet?

Is there anytime to get in a workout or a swim during conference?? I was just wondering if it would be worth it to throw in these items in my suitcase???

There is a 24 hour starbucks further into the city - but it may be out of some folks way (I'm not sure about everyone's access to transportation.) Another option is Chinatown were something is always open super late. Chinatown is just southwest of McCormick place.

There's actually quite a few late night spots here in Chicago, but our energy might be too worn out to venture into the city after all the conference festivities. :)

Joelen,

Keep in mind that folks will be coming from across the country to an unfamiliar city and will have no transportation.

That's why we were trying to keep it close to hotels or somewhat halfway between.

Our hotels are the Sheraton on S. Water st, the Hilton on Balbo and Michigan, and then the Palmer House in the middle. :)

Joelen can be our tour guide!!!

I think most of us would be sharing a cab or something like that.

I also have a HO tour on Monday morning...but you guys can go ahead and plan it for Monday morning if you want to....I still haven't called my director about Monday night's activities, but I'm thinking that if nothing has been said yet, there probably isn't anything planned.

I also have my HO tour on Mon. am.

Christy - are you on the 7:00 or 8:00 tour? I'm on the 7:00 tour. I know it's on the schedule thread, but I'm too lazy to look...my bad!!!!!!!

I'm on the 8--------thought i might need that extra hour of sleep!

AJPratt said:
Should we start a poll with a couple of options of where to meet?
Start the Poll Anne!!! I'm getting more confused the further we go! :confused: We need to make a decission and a poll will be good. I'd do one for a morning place and a night place and those that can make it to both great but I defenitely think that the Monday night one should be our official one! The morning meeting is just an extra! But I definetely want that one to happen because most of my friends are directors! And I will be on my own, so I'd love to meet up with my cheffer friends so I don't feel like a loner!:eek: :D :rolleyes:
So Anne, please start it! I am poll illiterate!!!!

I will just wait for the call and try to make it work to meet you all where ever.

Kathytnt said:
Joelen can be our tour guide!!!
Poor girl, brand new consultant & we're offering her up to be our guide, lol!

It was great last year because one of my cluster-mates' aunt & cousin live in Chicago, so her aunt came & walked us all around downtown. She also met us at the airport & directed us to the correct L train. It was awesome:)

OK, Jersey girl, get us all in line here!:p I say a Monday meeting at the Sheraton for non directors & those not on a tour would be fun, and then that night at the Starbucks is fine if we can share some cabs!

Another Hilton resident here! I am not sure if I will be able to meetup with everyone as I have the Monday am HO tour and my small cluster is talking about going to the John Han**** building Monday evening. Shucks! As long as I have the list with the cell #s, if something changes, then I can call one of you. Hope to meet everyone!

Hey, you guys!!!! I missed this BUT there is a coffee place in the Sheraton!!! Open until 1AM!!! Its called Java Bar!!

Morning or night, the time is right for Java Bar, Chicago's stylish hot spot for Starbucks Coffee® creations and coffee-inspired ****tails. Open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m

http://www.sheratonchicago.com/dining/index.html

How's 8pm to 10pm there?!

Yeah....between the 2 threads hopefully everyone will see the spot:D

When I send out the email of names, I'll also include the info there, too.

AJPratt said:
Hey, you guys!!!! I missed this BUT there is a coffee place in the Sheraton!!! Open until 1AM!!! Its called Java Bar!!

How's 8pm to 10pm there?!

Sounds like a plan. I hope I can get over there. . .I'm at the Hilton.

Here's the information for the site of lunch on Monday at McCormick.

The Plate Room Food Court, located on level 2.5 of the South building, offers an interesting array of items available to take on the run or to be enjoyed in the adjacent seating area. Six food concepts are available at this location, including Little Italy, Antipasto Bar, Pacific Rim, the American Grill, The Carvery and Fiesto Bravo. So whether you are craving a gourmet sandwich or salad, Mandarin Orange Chicken with Fried Rice or an authentic Pastrami Reuben, you can find it all at the Plate Room Food Court.

We had talked about meeting at 11:30 but I think I'll try to be there at 11:00. . . there are a few "talkers" in this group. This can be an early (pre-workshop) lunch or breakfast. . .depending on which part of the country you are from.

Here's a link (I hope) for an interactive floor plan of McCormick.
http://www.mccormickplace.com/floorplans/map_index.html

Jeanine, that sounds great!

Java Bar at the sheraton sounds perfect for me! :)
Ann, please email me the list of numbers when you get a chance!
[email protected]
Thanks!
8 days to go!!!!!

Thanks for looking that up Jeanine!

Koolotus said:
Java Bar at the sheraton sounds perfect for me! :)

Great! I *think* I can make it. I'm meeting my cluster for the first time Monday night at a hotel.... hopefully not too far. :)

<H2>1. What time will the meet up be on Monday night?</H2><p>The exact time for the meet up has not been decided yet, but it will likely be after the general session. Keep an eye out for updates from your cluster leader or check in with others at the conference to coordinate a specific time.</p><H2>2. Where will the meet up be located?</H2><p>There is no designated location for the meet up, but it will most likely be in the same area as the general session. You can also check in with your cluster leader or fellow consultants to see if they have any specific plans for the meet up.</p><H2>3. Is the meet up open to everyone attending the conference?</H2><p>Yes, the meet up is open to all attendees of the conference. It's a great opportunity to network and connect with other consultants from different clusters.</p><H2>4. Will food and drinks be provided at the meet up?</H2><p>No, food and drinks will not be provided at the meet up. However, you can always grab a bite to eat before or after the meet up with your cluster or other consultants.</p><H2>5. Can I still attend the meet up if I have other dinner plans with my cluster?</H2><p>Yes, of course! The meet up is meant to be a casual and optional gathering for those who are available and interested. You are welcome to join in even if you already have dinner plans with your cluster.</p>

Related to Let's Meet Up: Monday Night After General Session

1. What time will the meet up be on Monday night?

The exact time for the meet up has not been decided yet, but it will likely be after the general session. Keep an eye out for updates from your cluster leader or check in with others at the conference to coordinate a specific time.

2. Where will the meet up be located?

There is no designated location for the meet up, but it will most likely be in the same area as the general session. You can also check in with your cluster leader or fellow consultants to see if they have any specific plans for the meet up.

3. Is the meet up open to everyone attending the conference?

Yes, the meet up is open to all attendees of the conference. It's a great opportunity to network and connect with other consultants from different clusters.

4. Will food and drinks be provided at the meet up?

No, food and drinks will not be provided at the meet up. However, you can always grab a bite to eat before or after the meet up with your cluster or other consultants.

5. Can I still attend the meet up if I have other dinner plans with my cluster?

Yes, of course! The meet up is meant to be a casual and optional gathering for those who are available and interested. You are welcome to join in even if you already have dinner plans with your cluster.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda