• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monday Outfits for Comfort & Style: Dressing Up for McCormick Meetings

In summary, the dress code for Monday is "business casual." The most comfortable clothing option for this day would be Bermuda shorts.
cookn' katie
How dressed up are you getting for Monday. I have to be at McCormick all day on Monday because my directors have meetings, but will be driving in so want to be comfortable. Can I wear nice bermudas or should I wear dress causal? I am one of those who hates to be underdressed.

Why do you have to hang out there while they are in meetings - can't you go to your hotel? Or take one of the shuttles in to town and site see

cookn' katie said:
How dressed up are you getting for Monday. I have to be at McCormick all day on Monday because my directors have meetings, but will be driving in so want to be comfortable. Can I wear nice bermudas or should I wear dress causal? I am one of those who hates to be underdressed.
That's what I'm pretty much wearing all week (khaki capris and a nice shirt) so that's what I plan on wearing Monday too.

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
Why do you have to hang out there while they are in meetings - can't you go to your hotel? Or take one of the shuttles in to town and site see

Totally agree! You don't have to hang out waiting for them (I missed that part). Find others in your cluster or take the shuttle back to the hotel.

Well, I would definately suggest wearing some!
Do not forget about the Meet and Greet on the 2 level by McDonald's and I think what you said you would like to wear is fine. This way too if you meet and greet someone else who wants to go out and about, you will be comfortably dressed.

If you are truly "one of those who hates to be underdressed," you might want to go with business casual for Monday. Business casual, though, can be very comfortable. I'll be wearing khakis and a polo-style shirt. My theory (as I've stated before) is that if I'm there at McCormick Place dealing with people from the HO, then the dress code is in effect--business casual, no denim, no shorts.

Monday is my travel & most casual day so I need to be comfy - I'll be getting off the plane and heading right for McCormick. So I am traveling in black comfy dress slacks, a white button-down shirt with the PC logo on the left chest, and black dressy flats. I have a black blazer I may throw over my shoulders just to complete the outfit so I don't look SO casual.

cookn' katie said:
How dressed up are you getting for Monday ... Can I wear nice bermudas or should I wear dress causal?

Perhaps I'm just from another generation. An old fart. But seriously, how much more casual would someone get than wearing Bermuda shorts?

RMDave said:
Perhaps I'm just from another generation. An old fart. But seriously, how much more casual would someone get than wearing Bermuda shorts?

I believe she would consider "dress casual" as dressier than Bermuda shorts.

raebates said:
I believe she would consider "dress casual" as dressier than Bermuda shorts.

Thanks, Rae. That makes considerable sense. Sorry for the confusion.

D

I have a feeling we will see everything this year. I couln't find it written anywhere and called HO to find out where the dress code was...anywhere. It isn't written down but it is supposed to be business casual.

Which means different things to different folks...

Thanks for everyone's opinions!! They made me giggle. Question #1 is, We are not staying at a conference hotel, we are staying at James of Chicago (great hotwire deal, only $99 per night) so I can't check in, but may take shuttle to Sheraton and walking down to Navy Pier. The clothing options I was looking at, I have really nice Bermuda shorts and a cute shirt to wear. We are driving in from Iowa early Monday morning and wanted to be comfy, but I never want to be one of those people that people look at and say "what was she thinking?" So, I knew that you all would offer your great opinions!!LOL!

I so wish Monday could be "Jeans & tee shirt" casual...I'm taking the red-eye from California, so whatever I show up in Monday will be what I've spent the night in. I arrive at 8, so I'm planning on the tour, etc before I can even get into my hotel...so I'm pretty stuck in my travel clothes. (not a happy thought!!)

I have to be at the airport at 4 am and come in at 4 PM. I'm following the business casual, since I will be going to McCormick after checking in at hotel. I agree since it is still HO there, I'm following "dress code". I can still be comfy on the plane and still look good. I plan on wearing my jeans when I leave McCormick and go out for dinner. (I wouldn't be comfy in jeans on the plane that long anyway).

Chefgirl2 said:
I have a feeling we will see everything this year. I couln't find it written anywhere and called HO to find out where the dress code was...anywhere. It isn't written down but it is supposed to be business casual.

Which means different things to different folks...

Interesting. It used to be written in Meeting Policies under the training tab. It said business casual, no shorts, no denim. It always seemed pretty clear to me, but we've always seen a wide variety of things at NC.

raebates said:
Interesting. It used to be written in Meeting Policies under the training tab. It said business casual, no shorts, no denim. It always seemed pretty clear to me, but we've always seen a wide variety of things at NC.

It's there somewhere...I remember reading it, and this is my first year!

Even if it doesn't say it anywhere, business/dress casual is usually the norm for professional conference. What gets my goat (did I really just use that expression) is that ladies can wear capris and open-toed shoes and it can still be considered business casual, while us men are forced to endure long pants.However, I bet if I were to show up in capris and sandals with a pretty pedicure that I'd be the belle of the ball. ;)

leftymac said:
Even if it doesn't say it anywhere, business/dress casual is usually the norm for professional conference. What gets my goat (did I really just use that expression) is that ladies can wear capris and open-toed shoes and it can still be considered business casual, while us men are forced to endure long pants.

However, I bet if I were to show up in capris and sandals with a pretty pedicure that I'd be the belle of the ball. ;)

Awwww, Keith, you'll be the belle of the ball anyway! :love:

And I LAUGHED about the "get my goat" phrase. It sounded just like my Grandpa!

leftymac said:
Even if it doesn't say it anywhere, business/dress casual is usually the norm for professional conference. What gets my goat (did I really just use that expression) is that ladies can wear capris and open-toed shoes and it can still be considered business casual, while us men are forced to endure long pants.

However, I bet if I were to show up in capris and sandals with a pretty pedicure that I'd be the belle of the ball. ;)

HA!!! I wish you were going so that we could see this!

Now I have seen some very LOVELY men wearing cropped pants before! It's all up to you and how comfortable you are with what you are wearing ;)

1. What type of clothing is appropriate for a McCormick meeting?

The dress code for a McCormick meeting is business casual. This means that you should wear professional and polished clothing, but not necessarily a full suit and tie. Think dress pants or a skirt with a button-down shirt, blouse, or sweater.

2. Are jeans allowed for a McCormick meeting?

While jeans are generally considered too casual for a McCormick meeting, dark wash and well-fitted jeans may be acceptable as long as they are paired with a dressier top and shoes.

3. Can I wear open-toed shoes to a McCormick meeting?

Open-toed shoes are generally acceptable for business casual attire, but it's always best to check with your specific company's dress code guidelines. If you're unsure, it's best to stick with closed-toe shoes to be safe.

4. Is it appropriate to wear accessories or statement pieces to a McCormick meeting?

Yes! Adding accessories such as a statement necklace, scarf, or watch can elevate your outfit and add a touch of personal style. Just be sure to keep them professional and not too flashy.

5. What are some examples of comfortable yet stylish outfits for a McCormick meeting?

Suitable outfit options for a McCormick meeting include a knee-length dress with a cardigan and flats, dress pants with a blouse and heels, or a pencil skirt with a tucked-in blouse and loafers. The key is to find pieces that are both comfortable and professional-looking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • KimberleePowell