• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meet & Greet: Put Faces to the Names!

In summary, people are getting in to Chicago at varying times, and that those who have the Director training will be busy on Monday (July 12). There is an "open house" format where people can come and go as their schedules permit. There is also a button for people to identify themselves.
pampered1224 said:
Snaps or zippers work just as well!

Just as well as buckles :D

O NO! You're gonna be trouble! You are as bad as I am!! Wait until you meet Ann S. or ChefAnn as she is known out here! She is a one liner queen! And Linda is just sassy!

I'm not sassy? I might be hurt. :cry:

pampered1224 said:
O NO! You're gonna be trouble! You are as bad as I am!! Wait until you meet Ann S. or ChefAnn as she is known out here! She is a one liner queen! And Linda is just sassy!

I :love: you!

Can't wait to see my boyfriend!

I'm always the one like on the TV show that takes the whole show to come back with a one liner. My husband always teases me about it.

I hope to pop in, too. Sorry, no button, but I did make a nametag. And no comments about my white hair!! I was a cactus flower at one time!
Dianne

Well I have a new black and red walker that I will be "driving" Monday! I may be up on Level 2 early since I will probably come over to McCormick as my Director does. She and the other lady in my room are going to the Directors' Luncheon and I am signed up to pick up my packet around 10-2 I think! Thanks for all the kind words about my weight loss! It's been a hard road but I am SOOOO determined that this is all going to come off. I've almost finished packing since I leave in the morning for Nashville to spend the night at my Director's house. Our plane leaves Nashville at 6:45 a.m.! UGH! We will be taking the train from there to Downtown Chicago then walking to the Sheraton. I'm planning on "bungee-cording" my suitcase on wheels to my walker. Going to test that out later tonight! I am so excited to see all of you face-to-face that I have been talking to! Sorry I am not around here as much as I used to be! I'm on FB and the WW fan page a lot! See you there!

Can't wait to meet you Jane! I come in at 4 PM, so should be to McCormick after 5:30

I don't even remember when I am supposed to pick up my registration packet. Anyone know how to find that out?

angel7581 said:
I don't even remember when I am supposed to pick up my registration packet. Anyone know how to find that out?

My guess is that it really does not matter. I think they did that for planning purposes. I am sure that if you show up early or later than you signed up for, they will have it available...at least that is what I am hoping since I don't recall when I signed up either!!

angel7581 said:

Jennifer E said:
My guess is that it really does not matter. I think they did that for planning purposes. I am sure that if you show up early or later than you signed up for, they will have it available...at least that is what I am hoping since I don't recall when I signed up either!!

Haha, I totally forgot we had to register for a pick-up time. I'm just going to do it as soon as I can, and if they tell me to come back later, no big deal.

Jane, I can't wait to see your new sports vehicle!:D I'm so glad God worked everything out for you so quickly, and that you can enjoy your time in Chicago without stress.

I'll try to make it, but not sure I will. We won't get into Chicago until dinner time. I'd like to come earlier, but I'm not driving. I'm at the mercy of my group.

pampchefsarah said:
Haha, I totally forgot we had to register for a pick-up time. I'm just going to do it as soon as I can, and if they tell me to come back later, no big deal.

Jane, I can't wait to see your new sports vehicle!:D I'm so glad God worked everything out for you so quickly, and that you can enjoy your time in Chicago without stress.

we have to register for a pick up time??

I wondered about that too. I registered for a way earlier time then I will be there. I wonder what that will mean?

Rae you too have a forked tongue! In cheek that is!! When you singed up for conference it asked what time you wanted to pick up your registration package. I think mine says 2 p.m. to 4 or some such thing. And Jane, I will be there early too as I have to take an 8 a.m. train, which puts me in Chi town at 9:30. So I am going to drop my bag at the bell stand at the Hilton and head over. I am sure I won't last 4 hours of walking around so... And as much as I do not have the money to spend, Starbucks here I come!!!

ChefMary412 said:
we have to register for a pick up time??

I didn't do that! I'm just going over after I drop things off at the hotel and return to McCormick about 5 PM. I think that should be fine.

I am so excited, my plane leaves in 6 and a half hours. Oh man I have to go to sleep.

I looked back on my confirmation. I guess I did. I said 8-10 because that was when I had planned on coming in. But my flight is now coming in at 4 PM. I'm sure I will have no problem later.

I'm sure they realize that things change. I agree that they probably were just looking for ballpark figures of what to expect. It would help them know how many staffers to have on hand during any given shift. All of our packets will be there anyway.

And, thank you John. I feel better now. :D

No problem Rae! I have enjoyed your many quips over the last years. And I bet you are right. I can't imagine having to bring things in to McCormick in shifts! That would just be way to weird. I am sure it is the staffing issue instead. I like many of you are just gonna go when I get there. If I get told to come back later, it is not like I won't be there anyway so...

Okay everyone....I want to hear the scoop on how the Meet n Greet went. Did anyone take pictures? :D

I missed it. There was so much going on. I was kinda bummed the rest of the week that I hadn't gotten a chance to put faces with names.

I didn't make it either. I was done at the MP around 3pm. My family had evening plans, so I couldn't hang around - but wish I could have met so many of my online friends.
Maybe next year? (My dh says I'll probably be going alone next year- since he's planning on hiding from his family- He turns 40. :D You know what they say about 'payback'.)

I missed it too! We went over to MP in the morning with our director, registered, did the treas. hunt and other stuff then it was only about 1:00. We decided that it was too long to just hang around until 3, so we left. I think I only saw 2 other cheffers! :(

I made it really late. About 6:30 and by that time nobody was there.
I would have loved to meet too... Maybe next time.

I was there. I got to meet lots of people. I'd list them, but then I'd leave someone out and feel bad. Spent about 2 hours chatting with some of my online friends. Good stuff.

I was bummed I did not make it. We went to dinner with my director and far away team. I did end up running into:
John, we had a nice chat on the bus ride in one day.
Linda, thanks for the awesome picture!
Rae, So what if it was during closing session and I was in line for the bathroom! LOL
I saw Deb J the first day as I was leaving my class but she was chatting with someone so didn't want to interrupt. :)
Becky D a few times around and at our exec team time.
Carolyn in the new Product room. Thank you so much for taking a picture for us!I saw NO CS buttons. I lost mine early Monday :(

Last edited:
Aw, Paulette, I'm sorry I missed you! I had my button, but on Tuesday I pinned it to my tote, and by Wednesday my name was pretty much wiped off.I was at the M&G, so saw a few faces there. Got to hang out with Jane Vaughn & Crystal Patton (sorry, I can't even remember their CS names right now, as we've gotten to know each other better on FB) the last day of Conference, since we all had late flights out.Hung out a little with my DG (Terry Colgrove). Saw Becky D for about 2 seconds as she was having her picture taken at the Wall of Fame. Saw Debi Baldwin long enough for a hug. Saw a few faces where I thought "hmm, s/he looks familiar . . . ," but wasn't sure if it was from CS or NC last year.Just so everyone knows, there is a CS Reunion being considered, but we're waiting for approval from Deb & Greg. We know this isn't strictly necessary, but since CS is their brainchild, we want to be sure they approve of the idea - and, hopefully, would be able to join us.

I tried to come after the New Director's reception, but no one was there when I got there. :(

I stood in line for a bathroom w/ Linda, and also sat with her in a Workshop

Deb J & Becky Gosain sat behind me at the same workshop, and got to say hi to them.

Ran into Ann on the way to breakfast one morning, and got to chat for a minute.

Saw Paulette a couple times, but never got to really chat. Same with Kathy w/ a "K". :) Both were in my Team Time meeting.

Met Nicole (Cookie325) at Team Time. So Funny! She called me over after the meeting and introduced herself to me. She said she knew it was me because of my shoes! :D (I had a thread on here about picking the right outfit, complete with shoes.)

Met Sarah as I was falling over trying to crouch next to my name on the New Director's Wall. (my name was at the bottom). Very graceful way to meet, but it was nice getting to give her a hug!

And Sweet Ginger was waiting for me as I went back to my seat after walking as a director! It was so nice to get a big hug from her as I walked back!

Becky, I told Crystal P that I wanted so badly to get as close to the stage as possible, and when you came out, to yell "We love you Micah's Mom!!!" but I didn't have the courage. Crystal said if we had sat together she would have done it with me. Well, if she had been with me, I would have done it. So, watch out next year when you walk as AD - or higher!

Three of us wanted to come after the New Director Reception but figured no one was there (it was after 6pm) and for the length of the walk, to find no one there, we decided to head back to the hotel as our dogs (feet) were killing us. Since they had those nice tables set up by registration, perhaps next year the central location would work well.

I only met one cheffer, Laurie (JolieParodoxe) who roomed with me all week. Easy meet-n-greet there. :) We had an awesome time!

ChefBeckyD said:
Met Nicole (Cookie325) at Team Time. So Funny! She called me over after the meeting and introduced herself to me. She said she knew it was me because of my shoes! :D (I had a thread on here about picking the right outfit, complete with shoes.)

What can I say - I'm a sucker for shoes!!! :eek:

Paulette - now that I know we have the same exec, we should definitely meet next year. Assuming, of course, no one promotes again and causes someone else to split off from the group.

I should've worn a button, but I guess I figured I wouldn't need one since I kinda stand out (but I guess that's only true if you know what I look like)...:rolleyes:

Becky - did you see me on the video at the last general session? I was so excited for my 2 seconds of fame! :p

Next year I will definitely come to the M&G - gotta learn to get over this shyness!

cookie325 said:
What can I say - I'm a sucker for shoes!!! :eek:

Paulette - now that I know we have the same exec, we should definitely meet next year. Assuming, of course, no one promotes again and causes someone else to split off from the group.

I should've worn a button, but I guess I figured I wouldn't need one since I kinda stand out (but I guess that's only true if you know what I look like)...:rolleyes:

Becky - did you see me on the video at the last general session? I was so excited for my 2 seconds of fame! :p

Next year I will definitely come to the M&G - gotta learn to get over this shyness!

I would love to hook up! I didn't even get a chance to chat with Becky at the Team time. I looked for her but she must have left. I was snapping bunches of pictures of her though. I was sitting on the aisle 2nd row wearing black pants and shirt with a hot ink tank underneath. I did "high 5" her on her way back to her seat though.

lesliec said:
I missed it. There was so much going on. I was kinda bummed the rest of the week that I hadn't gotten a chance to put faces with names.

Same here, and I was the dork who wore mean shoes that had me hobbling by the end of the day :grumpy:....walking that sky bridge was just too painful to imagine! I also had a teammate who was ready to head home and meet up with her family. I definitely won't miss next year as I had been looking forward to meeting everyone. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
I tried to come after the New Director's reception, but no one was there when I got there. :(

Oh, that makes me feel better about not braving the sky walk! I would have missed everyone too as I was at the New Director's reception too. I looked for you and tried to see you in line...but sadly wasnt able to find you!

Melissa78 said:
Three of us wanted to come after the New Director Reception but figured no one was there (it was after 6pm) and for the length of the walk, to find no one there, we decided to head back to the hotel as our dogs (feet) were killing us. Since they had those nice tables set up by registration, perhaps next year the central location would work well.

I only met one cheffer, Laurie (JolieParodoxe) who roomed with me all week. Easy meet-n-greet there. :) We had an awesome time!

Yes! It was fun and I'm glad we had the time for those midnight giggles.

I met Chip (not sure on the CS name) as she was also a roomie. Met Kim (Concordia) - come out and play Kim! - another roomie.

I also had a chance to have a quick drink with Miss Fab Becca_in_MD! Thanks so much for making the effort to find me!! I was touched and happy to see you! Definitely more time together next year!

It was great but this year we didn't take pictures! SAD! We all got a good laugh because about 10 of us were sitting there and as each "new person" came up, they went straight to Rae and said, "You have to be Rae"! LOL!I had so much fun hanging out with Crystal for a couple days at lunch...even when she tried to marinate me with tomato seeds one day. ;) I also enjoyed the time on the last day I had at lunch with Crystal and Sarah...even if Sarah was being mean to me and I had to text Kacey to get her to reprimand her! ;) I put nearly 28 miles on my pedometer from Sunday to Thursday and loved it! The walk from the Navy Pier on Wednesday night was an adventure to say the least! I ended up with blisters on the bottom of 9 of my ten toes... Then we walked from the Sheraton to the train station...my director and the other director I was with decided to forego the bus to the train station...and the "handicap elevator" was 2 blocks from the entrance. It turned out to be nearly a 2-1/2 mile walk rather than a few blocks! I am sure having the handicap elevator that far from the main entrance is a big ADA violation! Although it was convenient to be near the food, it was closed before we got any dinner so maybe next year we can meet further down the way towards registration. Loved meeting everyone I did!

I can't believe I forgot- but I did hang out with Careyann on Monday. We hooked up on the bus ride over - I saw her button and we started chatting. We ended up doing the Registration, and Treasure Hunt together. I tried watching for your name Becky when you walked, but i must have nodded off! :D Sorry! I sure wish they'd do those ALPHABETICALLY!!! Is it so hard people?!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oh, that makes me feel better about not braving the sky walk! I would have missed everyone too as I was at the New Director's reception too. I looked for you and tried to see you in line...but sadly wasnt able to find you!

That line was stinkin' long - I kept looking for other Cheffers, but no luck. I was at the very front of the line, mainly because I'd been at the back of the auditorium for the Director's training. :)

esavvymom said:
I can't believe I forgot- but I did hang out with Careyann on Monday. We hooked up on the bus ride over - I saw her button and we started chatting. We ended up doing the Registration, and Treasure Hunt together.

I tried watching for your name Becky when you walked, but i must have nodded off! :D Sorry! I sure wish they'd do those ALPHABETICALLY!!! Is it so hard people?!

That thought occurred to me, as well, but I think they do it partly so we don't wait for just certain letters, and then leave, not giving the other newly promoted the recognition they also deserve.

pampchefsarah said:
That thought occurred to me, as well, but I think they do it partly so we don't wait for just certain letters, and then leave, not giving the other newly promoted the recognition they also deserve.
You're probably right... but anyone who's been to one of these knows though that if you leave early, you don't get any of the give-aways they offer after it's all over. Not that THAT is why I stay anyway! ;)

I made it late also met Julia yea we had the whole bus to ourself.

Dina Atnip said:
I made it late also met Julia yea we had the whole bus to ourself.

I was so bummed. I had a cool pin with my avatar on it. The "express" van took two hours to get me from the airport so I didn't arrive to McCormick until 6 PM. I met Dina! and yes, we had a big bus all to ourselves to take us back to our hotels. I'm sorry no one was around until 7 PM. Next year?

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Meet & Greet event?</h2><p>The Meet & Greet event is an opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to put faces to the names of their colleagues and network with others in the company.</p><h2>2. When and where will the Meet & Greet take place?</h2><p>The Meet & Greet will take place on Monday, July 12 from 3:00-7:00 PM on Level 2 of the North Building at McCormick Center in Chicago. A map to the location can be found on the McCormick Center website.</p><h2>3. Can I attend the Meet & Greet if I have Director training on Monday?</h2><p>Yes, you can still attend the Meet & Greet even if you have Director training on Monday. The event is designed to be an open house format, so you can come and go as your schedule permits.</p><h2>4. Will there be food options at the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>Yes, there are food options near the location of the Meet & Greet, so you can grab a bite to eat while networking with other consultants.</p><h2>5. How can I identify other Pampered Chef consultants at the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>We encourage attendees to get a button from the event organizers to wear during the Meet & Greet. This will help identify you as a Pampered Chef consultant and make it easier to connect with others.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Meet & Greet event?

The Meet & Greet event is an opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to put faces to the names of their colleagues and network with others in the company.

2. When and where will the Meet & Greet take place?

The Meet & Greet will take place on Monday, July 12 from 3:00-7:00 PM on Level 2 of the North Building at McCormick Center in Chicago. A map to the location can be found on the McCormick Center website.

3. Can I attend the Meet & Greet if I have Director training on Monday?

Yes, you can still attend the Meet & Greet even if you have Director training on Monday. The event is designed to be an open house format, so you can come and go as your schedule permits.

4. Will there be food options at the Meet & Greet?

Yes, there are food options near the location of the Meet & Greet, so you can grab a bite to eat while networking with other consultants.

5. How can I identify other Pampered Chef consultants at the Meet & Greet?

We encourage attendees to get a button from the event organizers to wear during the Meet & Greet. This will help identify you as a Pampered Chef consultant and make it easier to connect with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
merego
  • chefann
  • General Chat