• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is Pampered Chef Being So Unreasonable?

In summary, the customer closed a fundraiser last Saturday and the host called asking if a $200 order made it through. The customer's name is in P3, but there is no order history attached to her information. The order was not on the show. The Solution Center said that once an order is in the warehouse, it can't be changed. The customer is donating the extra $9 to make up for the mistake.
susanr613
Gold Member
I just have to get this off my chest....PC can be unreasonable sometimes. I closed a fundraiser last Saturday. The host called asking if a $200 order made it through as I did not send her the receipt. I have an e-mail notif of the order, and the customer's name in P3. However there's no order history attached to her info, and the order was not on the show.

The show is still being picked so I called the Solution Center to see if we could add the order to the show. They said NO, once it's in the warehouse it can't be changed. All I can do is make this order its own fundraiser....and the donation would be 10% instead of 15% (the original fundraiser was over $1,000).

I got off the phone before I lost my temper.

So, I wrote the host and let her know I will kick in the other 5%. It's only $9.00 so no biggie and I feel I am doing the right thing.

This is all at 10:30 pm when I have to get up at 5:00 am tomorrow to schlep downtown for a conference (at McCormick Place LOL)

Anyway, it just frustrates me that TPC can be so inflexible sometimes, which reinforces my desire to put it aside...after my current catty show that someone called me to book.

Argh!

Thanks for "listening"

Did this customer place an order on the website? Did you mark as reviewed and then copy on P3?
Reason I ask is I had a show in Jan and there was a customer who placed an order through my site. I got a call from my host on Easter weekend asking what happened to the customers order because the host forgot about it and the customer was a family friend who was in town that weekend asking where her stuff was. I looked and to my HORROR, I had forgotten to review the stupid order and copy it to her show! To top it off, the order was for $195!!! :cry:
I ended up turning it in as a catty show for her, and I comped the host the add'l free product she lost out due to my error.

If something like this did NOT happen to you, and the order was attached to the show but not received or something, I definitely think PC is in the wrong and should help you out! How is it showing up but not received by them otherwise??

I'm sorry to hear we'll be losing you, Susan.

I know it sucks but HO has to put rules in places otherwise they would be letting consultants walk all over them. If you have read Doris' book, she explains why she's had to put some rules in place.

I just gotta say...our Fundraisers....are pretty crappy! I mean, Tupperware gives 50% to the organization and we only give up to 15%...that's crap! :grumpy: PC should be more competitive with the other DSC's. Anyway, sorry to be so negative about that. :(

I'm also sorry about your situation Susan. I agree with how you feel, but I also have to agree with what Wadesgirl said. I hate to hear this, but it's the truth and I have to remind myself of it: If they bend the rules for one person then they have to bend it for everyone. They HAVE to have these rules in place because sometime in the past someone abused them and the rest of us have to suffer. It really makes me mad, so I know exactly how you feel! Hope you feel better. {Hugs}

Don't leave PC over something like this, I know you're a very awesome consultant! :) Heck, I think you handled the situation very well! "Bless and Release" (and yes this can apply to the people at PC ;)) and pray for God's help and comfort as you continue your business.

Emi, the main diff between our fundraisers and that of say, Tupperware, is that TW marks up their product specifically for the fundraisers. They also only have a limited selection of products to choose.(like our mini catalog) Our FR are not marked up on product and we can use the full catalog.

Oooooh....
I didn't know that. Thanks so much for informing me.
:(

emiscookin said:
Oooooh....
I didn't know that. Thanks so much for informing me.
:(

That's not to say that PC couldn't up the anty a little bit though. I feel they could offer 20 or 25%. It's been at this rate for a long time. And it's hard to explain to those who look at TW and other companies who do give a higher rate when those organizers are just looking at the numbers alone.

chefsteph07 said:
That's not to say that PC couldn't up the anty a little bit though. I feel they could offer 20 or 25%. It's been at this rate for a long time. And it's hard to explain to those who look at TW and other companies who do give a higher rate when those organizers are just looking at the numbers alone.

Yeah, they really could.
My Director was just chatting with me about Fundraisers yesterday and she's been doing PC for 15 years! She's been bugging PC for years too about bumping the percentage up because she has gotten a lot of complaints about how our Fundraiser is "not as good" as others. And also, people are very sad to tell her that because everyone LOVES PC and prefer it over other DSC's. (Sigh) I dunno if they will ever up the anty, but I definitely think they could to 20 or 25%.

chefsteph07 said:

I feel if they can do it in May for the HWC fundraiser's why not all the time for all fundraisers?

pamperedpals said:
I feel if they can do it in May for the HWC fundraiser's why not all the time for all fundraisers?

Oh my gosh that is SO true!!! I didn't even think about that!!

I feel your pain Yes Pc has to go by the rules I was 6.36 short on a sell a thon on time an NO go they wouldn't give it to me .

And about the % for fundraisers I wait every year for them to change it , some time I hate to tell people that we only give 15 %
A few years ago we had a fundraiser that gave 40% the products where limited to about 10-12 of the most populer items but it was great ! I would love even if that came back again

If you really look at it, though, PC fundraisers are great. The whole catalog is available with no additional markup. The reason the percentage is low is that our products aren't marked up as much as other companies'.

thanks for all of the responses. i do agree that there needs to be rules and no bending; it's just interesting that you can add some things after the fact and not others.

in the meantime, i contacted the host and told her about it including that i would kick in the 5% she's losing by submitting the order as its own fundraiser. she screamed at me over e-mail, including that she is going to bash PC to all of her friends and the one who booked a catty show off her. i wrote back that i was sorry she was so upset and reminded her that i am making up the difference and that by bashing PC to her friends, she will be harming me too. she wrote back that she has every right to be upset blah blah blah. i responded by again reminding her that i am making up the difference, all $9.00 of it.

i have been emotionally done with pc for quite some time and just doing shows when people have asked. so, this incident is just the final nail in the coffin.

susanr613 said:
thanks for all of the responses. i do agree that there needs to be rules and no bending; it's just interesting that you can add some things after the fact and not others.

in the meantime, i contacted the host and told her about it including that i would kick in the 5% she's losing by submitting the order as its own fundraiser. she screamed at me over e-mail, including that she is going to bash PC to all of her friends and the one who booked a catty show off her. i wrote back that i was sorry she was so upset and reminded her that i am making up the difference and that by bashing PC to her friends, she will be harming me too. she wrote back that she has every right to be upset blah blah blah. i responded by again reminding her that i am making up the difference, all $9.00 of it.

i have been emotionally done with pc for quite some time and just doing shows when people have asked. so, this incident is just the final nail in the coffin.

Wow. That is unbelievable that the host would react that way to a glitch or a mistake or whatever happened. If she is still getting what was going to be lost, what's the diff?? That lady is a bit....over reactive, don't you think?

chefsteph07 said:
Wow. That is unbelievable that the host would react that way to a glitch or a mistake or whatever happened. If she is still getting what was going to be lost, what's the diff?? That lady is a bit....over reactive, don't you think?

LOL Steph...you understated her over-reaction. This is where first impressions really do bear out. She came across to me as a rich, spoiled woman and now she's acting like one.

Oh well, c'est lavie.

Wow, I have a completely different story about a customer. She placed an outside order for the party I had that has lead me to join PC. Anyway, her check was returned NSF, so I called her and put her in touch with the consultant, and she gave called her and gave a CC#. Today she told me she thinks the consultant made an error, could she get the number again. I said yes, and gave her the number, and said I was signing up......and had she thought about doing a PC shower when she gets married.

SO her response to the consultant (possibly) charging her wrong is ---yes she wants to do bridal shower party and she wants to know more about the business! What a contrast from Susan's icky client--cant play by the rules, gets mad and personal even when you go the extra mile.

Susan, I have really enjoyed all your posts, and I am sorry you are leaving PC with a bad experience. I know it's not why you are leaving, but I wish you could go out on a high note, and not with a nut like that!

All the best
Marghi

Susan, I totally agree, so sorry you are wanting to leave. :cry:

Great story Marghi! Thanks for sharing!
I have posted before that I am glad I had the Pampered Chef experience. I accomplished some important goals, met some great people, and have an awesomely stocked kitchen now ;-) Best thing is that I know if I ever want/need to get back in the biz, I can.
Thanks those of you who enjoyed/appreciated my posts.

another reason other companies can have high percentages for fundrasiers is that they are a wholesale company where the consultant pays for the host benefits. I used to sell for home interiors and their % was 50%. We never marked up our price except to make it an even number (14.99 became 15). It still cost the consultant the same amount to buy the product (the wholesale amount) so we didn't make as much on fundraisers but we got a lot of repeat customers/hosts b/c their organization made so much.

In PC what it costs customers in the book is exactly what we as consultants pay for it. We are not a wholesale company. I think THAT is a good reason TO raise our % for fundraisers.

If you add up what they give the hosts for cooking/catalog shows, and what we get paid in commission, it doesn't make sense to me then that they cut our commission pay, and reduce the amount of host benefits - and then only give 10-15%? A $1000 show- they get over $215 in product plus 4 half-price. So say 25% of the show in product, and then I get paid at least 22%. So almost HALF of the show....Yes- I realize their product costs are much less than the retail. But Basically- they are not giving any product, and are just taking the amount they give to a fundraiser out of MY Commission.If I was an organization looking for a fundraiser to get as much money as I could- without having to do multiple different events to reach my goal, PC wouldn't be the one I'd choose. Yes, it might be fun and better because of the catalog- but my goal is to make money, right? Anyway....I've not done one yet (maybe because I don't have much heart for it I guess because of that.)

I do fundraisers to get new business. Usually fundraisers attract people I wouldn't have otherwise met and it gets my name out there. I do not add any of my already decreased commission to the organization unless I am part of that group - then I give it all minus my costs. I do offer that for every booking that holds and is at least $300 the group will get an additional $25 from me.

Susan, sorry to hear you're giving up your business but I do understand your frustraion and when we get to the point that the fun isn't there we need to make the decision that is best for ME. Good luck to you! Are you on facebook?

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Can I cancel a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can cancel a party at any time. Please contact your consultant to inform them of the cancellation and they will take care of any necessary arrangements.

Are Pampered Chef products safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, all of our products are microwave safe. However, it is important to follow the instructions and guidelines for each specific product to ensure safe and effective use.

Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty for all of our products. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship. If you experience any issues with a product, please contact your consultant for assistance.

How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a consultant, you can sign up on our website or through a current consultant. Our team will provide training and support to help you start and grow your own business with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelly Flanagan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies