• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is the pampered chef Summer Essentials Set on backorder?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the disappointment and frustration of receiving an email about backordered Summer Essentials Set and the speculation on why the company does not order more of the popular incentives. Some members share their experiences with receiving the set and the possibility of the company using backorders as a tactic to encourage more bookings. Others discuss the unpredictability of popular products and the wait time for backordered items.
Shelly Flanagan
Gold Member
I am really bummed, I just got an email from HO that the Summer Essentials Set I earned is now on back order and it won't ship til sometime the week of June 20th. I didn't get to submit my 2nd show until the 30th because the host wouldn't get back to me. I usually earn my incentives early in the game but often wonder why HO doesn't order more of the incentives that they KNOW people are going gaga over. I saw it with the sling bag and now this.

I know it! I was a little surprised! I thought for sure they would know that many many peolpe would want this set, and make a large amount of them...now we wait...bummer.

I wonder if they do it on purpose just to get people to try to book more in the beginning of the month? Like a parent teaching us a lesson. lol. I earned the sling bag right away and felt really bad for those who didn't earn it til later on.

You just don't know. I had two that said they really wanted it and I helped them come up with ways to get that second show in. When I looked June 1st- nothing.

I'm sure they try their best to have enough but they don't want too many left over either. It's got to be hard to know. Just like the HWC products there's no way to know what will be hot and not.

The good thing is it's not for sale so it's not like you won't have it to show to customers.

Got mine this week...love it. Both my girls tried to take it home with them...I told them to stand in line, it was staying at my house :)

I am in shock right now. I submitted my second show on the 31st at 10pm. A box was on my front porch today and I thought maybe it would be the show shipment, but it was my insulated tote set! Woohoo! I thought for sure I'd be getting that e-mail about it being backordered.I did get an e-mail today though telling me that the Grilling Apron is on backorder and the estimated ship date is the 7th.

It happens because PC doesn't know how many people are going to earn it. They probably look at May last year to see how many people submitted two or more shows and then went off that number as a guess. They order these from another company and have them screen printed so if they have to order more they probably have to wait for the company to put through another order. And if that company is like any other company, they have a certain turn around time they have to work with - if they take an order today from PC, they will ship it with in 2 weeks - know what I'm saying? At least it wasn't like the sling tote where some of us, including me, had to wait several months to get it.

I received mine today also. And thought it was one of the three boxes from the two shows that I submitted LATE on the 31st! Wahoo.... It is more than I expected. Love it! :love:

Then I can't understand why I submitted my show on the 30th in the a.m. and had no issues with it, no declined cards or payments, and people who submitted their show the next day are getting something that I was told I won't get for a few more weeks. Guess I am calling HO on Monday to see why that happens.

Maybe they are taking into account when the FIRST show was submitted too. Those who had submitted one of their shows earlier in the month are getting them before those who submitted both shows at the end of the month?

I don't know - I'd submitted 2 shows by the 10th and still had to wait almost 3 weeks to get mine, so the wait time for those whose sets are on backorder isn't that much different than for those of us who submitted early.

I submitted both shows at 10 pm on the 31st and I received mine yesterday. I was very surprised. I thought I would have to wait. But very happy to get it in time for my daughter's play day on Tuesday! Sorry you have to wait... :(

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe they are taking into account when the FIRST show was submitted too. Those who had submitted one of their shows earlier in the month are getting them before those who submitted both shows at the end of the month?

I don't know - I'd submitted 2 shows by the 10th and still had to wait almost 3 weeks to get mine, so the wait time for those whose sets are on backorder isn't that much different than for those of us who submitted early.

That can't be it. My first show was submitted on the 1st. My second show on the 30th in the A.M. and it was a small show that showed received that day and picked and shipped on the 31st so there was no hold up with it, or the first one. It just doesn't make sense, but I will find out "how" they pick and choose who gets whatn and when. All these girls who submitted late and gotten them already are in surrounding states or even further east from Chicago. Just doesn't make any sense at all. I am not throwing a fit, but there has to be some rhyme or reason to it and I think we should know what it is. Now I really think I am being punished for not submitting earlier in the month like I always do. There has not been one incentive that I didn't earn but this is the first time I have ever submitted my second show so late in the month.

I am just happy to say that I am glad that the incentives have been revised to include the whole month. I could never get any of them when the shows had to be in by the
15th no matter how hard I tried.

anyone wanting to sell one of these sets?

Mine got a workout this weekend with my son's graduation party. I hauled stuff back and forth in it all weekend and will again today. I think I am going to just keep it in my car for shopping trips.

Sorry some of you have to wait. It will be worth it though!

I got mine on Saturday too. I submitted my last show on the 31st. I wonder how they decide who gets backordered? I love it...My 3 year old made us have a picnic yesterday :)

I submitted mine late on the 31st and got mine Saturday! It is very nice. Not quite sure how they determine who gets what when either. I saw it was on backorder so I wasn't expecting it until next week, but FedEx was here Saturday!Are you sure something didn't happen with your shipment? I would call HO asap to see what happened.

Nothing happened to my shipment, I was put on backorder. And I don't know how they determine it either. Worked a long day so didn't call HO. I had someone on CC community tell me it's because I didn't put it on the calendar - um yes I did so that isn't it either. I have had a run of bad luck lately w/ PC. Their CS is lacking in consistancy to say the least..talk to 5 different people, get 5 diff answers. And the last 4 out of 5 shows were missing something and one had some of someone else's order in it. So I am sure if I call HO about it I won't get a correct answer...

Mine came today, and I submitted show #2 very late on the 31st. I never put my shows on the CC calendar, so that has nothing to do with it. Did you have to wait for the sling bag? Maybe they're not making the same people wait twice?

Shelly Flanagan said:
Nothing happened to my shipment, I was put on backorder. And I don't know how they determine it either. Worked a long day so didn't call HO. I had someone on CC community tell me it's because I didn't put it on the calendar - um yes I did so that isn't it either. I have had a run of bad luck lately w/ PC. Their CS is lacking in consistancy to say the least..talk to 5 different people, get 5 diff answers. And the last 4 out of 5 shows were missing something and one had some of someone else's order in it. So I am sure if I call HO about it I won't get a correct answer...

Call back and ask to speak to a supervisor if this is what you are getting from them.

I never put my shows on the calendar, that has nothing to do with it.

straitfan said:
Mine came today, and I submitted show #2 very late on the 31st. I never put my shows on the CC calendar, so that has nothing to do with it. Did you have to wait for the sling bag? Maybe they're not making the same people wait twice?

I didn't have to wait because I earned it w/in the first 4 days. So that isn't it either. I am calling in a while and if I don't like the answer I will ask for a supervisor.

I called, CS couldn't answer...they put me thru to consultant career solutions who at first told me it was on an "as earned basis". Advised them I earned it before others claim to have earned it. Then she said that maybe it was computer generated bnut really didn't have an answer. I asked who did, she said maybe a supervisor so I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would forward my request to one and they may contact me....ok, guess I better put on my running shoes so I can keep up with the run around...

Not to be mean but what's the big deal? You'll get it.

lisa717 said:
Not to be mean but what's the big deal? You'll get it.

I agree... I earned my basket on May 2nd and it didn't show up until May 27. I didn't call home office and complain. Yeah I was mad because the flyer said "would ship as earned" but there was obviously an unforseen issue with delivery and availablity.

So you'll get your basket when it comes... simple as that. Instead of talking trash about HO, maybe you should realize that you are NOT the only Pampered Chef consultant and they have a lot of other people they need to take care of in a day. You should be happy you work for a company that gives nifty incentives to do well instead of dwelling on the fact that you are the only consultant who DESERVES a picnic basket and didn't get it yet. Eeesh.

vanscootin said:
I agree... I earned my basket on May 2nd and it didn't show up until May 27. I didn't call home office and complain. Yeah I was mad because the flyer said "would ship as earned" but there was obviously an unforseen issue with delivery and availablity.

So you'll get your basket when it comes... simple as that. Instead of talking trash about HO, maybe you should realize that you are NOT the only Pampered Chef consultant and they have a lot of other people they need to take care of in a day. You should be happy you work for a company that gives nifty incentives to do well instead of dwelling on the fact that you are the only consultant who DESERVES a picnic basket and didn't get it yet. Eeesh.

Really???? Just a thought, but if you were still waiting and others "earned" it after you, you wouldn't be so happy either. My original post was just saying I was bummed, but when I saw others being honest that they earned it after I did, I did get a little miffed. Sorry if you don't like my comments about HO, but the truth is the truth - 4 out of 5 shows missing items, never the same answer twice, I have legit complaints. Glad you haven't had any issues but maybe your shows are all small and they can't mess them up!

Shelly Flanagan said:
Really???? Just a thought, but if you were still waiting and others "earned" it after you, you wouldn't be so happy either. My original post was just saying I was bummed, but when I saw others being honest that they earned it after I did, I did get a little miffed. Sorry if you don't like my comments about HO, but the truth is the truth - 4 out of 5 shows missing items, never the same answer twice, I have legit complaints. Glad you haven't had any issues but maybe your shows are all small and they can't mess them up!

I think if you're going to be petty & mean, it would be better to remove your tag line. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
I think if you're going to be petty & mean, it would be better to remove your tag line. :(

Let's all step away from the thread...

I didn't take Shelly's comments as petty & mean. I took them as frustrated & venting. I thought vanscootin went too far in her comments but I don't know the background of what brought her to say those things. Maybe she has recently seen a lot of complaining and this was the last straw? Let's all take into consideration each other's circumstances and not judge. Shelly is hearing all those others got theirs even if they submitted later and she was told hers is backordered & had other recent issue so she was venting in a safe place. I bet she's not bad mouthing the company with her customers. Let's all give her a break. How would you feel if you were in her situation? (generic "you")

The great feature about this blog/forum is the ability to vent and air gripes as well as questions as well as praises. It is good to know that we can come here and have folks understand where we are coming from. I personally felt good knowing that I was not the only one who had experienced frustrating sessions with HO. I deal with people all day at my job and know what it is like to have to try and provide acceptable answers for incidents that I did not make happen. I can easily see both sides of the coin. I am sure that if there was a forum for Graduate Medical Education Coordinators (what I am), I would be on there venting in no uncertain terms...........Let the vents continue. We all need a hug every once in a while.

BethCooks4U said:

I didn't take Shelly's comments as petty & mean. I took them as frustrated & venting. I thought vanscootin went too far in her comments but I don't know the background of what brought her to say those things. Maybe she has recently seen a lot of complaining and this was the last straw? Let's all take into consideration each other's circumstances and not judge. Shelly is hearing all those others got theirs even if they submitted later and she was told hers is backordered & had other recent issue so she was venting in a safe place. I bet she's not bad mouthing the company with her customers. Let's all give her a break. How would you feel if you were in her situation? (generic "you")

I think what Becky meant was the comment made out my shows being little... which I took a little offense to but didn't feel the need to make a comment on because I'm happy with where I am in my business and what I've accomplished this month and last month. I did have a bad day yesterday... and you're right I saw a lot of complaining about this basket here... and on the PC Community Boards... which was titled "Don't get Screwed" where a person was saying that consultants were dropping like flies because of how crappy it is. So... I stand by what I said and I didn't think it was that harsh to say.

BethCooks4U said:

Thanks Beth and Linda. And Vanscootin, I wasn't trying to say your shows were small because you weren't good at what you do, just that I have never had a show that was under $500 that something was missing from. Sorry if you misunderstood. And the consultant who made that comment about dropping like flies was me. I didn't start the "don't get screwed" thread was just posting on it which is definitely my perogative. And where I am, I have seen consultants doing much complaining and dropping like flies so saying that was not out of turn. Our upline is fantastic, their complaints are about HO.

I am glad some of you have never had any issues with HO or orders. I believe I have every right to call HO about why I didn't get it when I earned it first. I wanted to know if I did something wrong and something that I should not do next time. But again, no one calls back and I have no answers.

And while on the phone with them yesterday I asked about items I received but didn't order with my last adjustment. They couldn't even tell me if they wanted the items returned, now how is that good customer service? I have had them for almost 2 months already and they still don't know if they need them back???? So if you find someone complaining about LACK of Customer Service lately it's probably true!

1. Why is the Summer Essentials Set on back order?

The Summer Essentials Set is on back order because it has been in high demand and the company did not anticipate the number of orders they would receive. This can sometimes happen with popular products.

2. When will the Summer Essentials Set be shipped?

The Summer Essentials Set is expected to ship the week of June 20th. However, exact shipping dates may vary depending on the number of back orders and the company's production schedule.

3. Why wasn't I able to submit my second show until the 30th?

The host of your second show may not have been available to schedule the event until the 30th. It's important to communicate with your host early on to avoid any delays in submitting your show orders.

4. Why doesn't the company order more of popular incentives?

The company tries to order a sufficient amount of incentives based on previous sales and anticipated demand. However, unexpected popularity can lead to back orders. The company may also want to avoid overstocking on certain products.

5. Is this a common occurrence with HO incentives?

Back orders on popular incentives can happen from time to time, especially during peak seasons. However, the company strives to fulfill orders as quickly as possible and improve their inventory management for future incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies