• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Busy Mom Life: Juggling a Multi-Vendor Show and Softball Playoffs

In summary, this person is nervous for their first show tomorrow and has girls playing in softball playoffs. They talked to a friend who suggested coming early, watching the other companies present, and coming back after the game. They are considering getting a help to watch their products while they're not there.
Humble Beginnings
Just looking for some reassurance and advise on how to make this work. I have my first show tomorrow which is a mulit vendor show. I'm so nervous I can't tell you. To top it off, my girls made the semi-finals for softball. I'm a the team mom and do not miss ANY games, I love watching my girls play so to know that I scheduled on this day really bummed me out. When I did my June calendar all I saw was last game 6/14 and completly forgot about playoffs. It would have worked ok but we won yesterday so we play this weekend. I'm happy for them to get that far, just really want to be there. I talked to the host who is a friend of mine and she suggested coming early to set up then go to the game and then come back. Party starts at 1:30 but she's expecting a big crowd so most likely won't start until 2pm. The host would like me to watch the other ds companies present. My girls game is at 12:30 and is about 2 hours. I'm thinking of setting up early, going to the game for a bit and then heading back around 2. I won't get to see the whole game but at least part of it.

What does everyone think? Is this a good idea or am a pushing my luck in thinking I can pull it off? [/SIZE]

If your host/friend is ok with setting up early, then coming after the game, that's what I'd do. Not to burst your bubble, but some of these multi-vendor things aren't as successful as we'd all like them to be. (It really depends on how well the host is promoting it, etc.) So, I'd hate for you to miss the game and have the event not be all that great.

That's my two cents. :eek:

Any chance you can get a fellow PC consultant to help out? I personally would be uncomfortable leaving my products out and then returning - I would encourage you to get someone to watch your products and table while you aren't there -

1. How can I balance my busy mom life while also participating in a multi-vendor show and my child's softball playoffs?

Balancing a busy mom life with multiple commitments can be challenging, but with some organization and prioritization, it is possible. One tip is to create a schedule or calendar to keep track of important dates and events. You can also delegate tasks to other family members or ask for help from friends. It's important to prioritize your tasks and focus on what is most important at the moment.

2. How can I manage my time effectively while also being involved in a multi-vendor show and my child's softball playoffs?

Time management is key when juggling multiple commitments. One strategy is to break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. This will help you stay focused and make the most of your time. It's also important to set boundaries and say no to things that may not align with your priorities at the moment.

3. What are some tips for staying organized during a busy schedule?

Staying organized is crucial when managing a busy schedule. One helpful tip is to create a to-do list and prioritize tasks based on their importance. It's also important to declutter and keep your space tidy. This will help you stay focused and reduce stress. Utilizing technology, such as calendar apps or reminder apps, can also help keep you on track and organized.

4. How can I make sure I have enough energy for both the multi-vendor show and my child's softball playoffs?

It's important to prioritize self-care and make sure you are taking care of your physical and mental well-being. This includes getting enough rest, eating well, and taking breaks when needed. It's also important to delegate tasks and ask for help when necessary. Remember, it's okay to say no to commitments that may drain your energy.

5. How can I ensure that both the multi-vendor show and my child's softball playoffs are successful?

Communication is key when it comes to ensuring the success of both commitments. Make sure to communicate with the other vendors and event organizers for the multi-vendor show, as well as with your child's coach and teammates for the softball playoffs. It's also important to plan ahead and be prepared for any potential conflicts that may arise. Don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience as well!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
heather223
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies