• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are some Pampered Chef products on backorder?

In summary, the Pampered Chef has placed three of its new products on backorder. Customers who have already purchased these products may not receive them until October 23, October 27, or November 2, respectively.
gilliandanielle
Here is an e-mail I just got from HO- What is going on with them??

Dear Consultant,

We’re sorry to report to you that three of our new products, the set of three Quikut Paring Knives (#1257), Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (#1321) and Decorator Bottle Set (#1585) have all been placed on back order. Your sales of these products in September drastically exceeded our expectations and as a result we are currently out of stock on these items.

We are receiving regular shipments of the new, colored Quikut Paring Knives, and expect all back orders will be shipped by Monday, October 23.

Back orders on the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker are expected to be shipped by October 27 and back orders on the Decorator Bottle Set are expected to be shipped by November 2. We are currently working with the vendors that supply the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker and Decorator Bottle Set to substantially increase their production levels. We will keep you updated on the progress we are making.

We know back orders are disappointing to you, as well as your customers and hosts. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this situation will cause you.

The Pampered Chef

Bah! That's insane. How is everyone going to handle this? I have 2 shows this weekend, and I'd hate to have people order things I knew were on backorder for so long. A month practically!

They always try to give us the worse case scenerio date. I would still promote those items but tell them that they are so popular that they are currently backordered a couple weeks.

I would also tell them that if they want them they should put their order in now so that they don't have to wait even longer. Make it an urgent need.:eek:

I got the same e-mail

Bummer, but what can we do!?! Thankfully it's not right before the holidays where people would be totally upset not to get it by a certain date!

Got the same email!!:mad:

The way I am thinking is that if we are having these problems now are people going to book off of us for the holiday:confused: :confused: :confused:

grrrrr I got the same email too :( I am pretty ticked about it becasue their holding my sample order until then....... I ordered sample packet A.... uggggg

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
They always try to give us the worse case scenerio date. I would still promote those items but tell them that they are so popular that they are currently backordered a couple weeks.

I would also tell them that if they want them they should put their order in now so that they don't have to wait even longer. Make it an urgent need.:eek:

I think Beth has the best tactic for handling this!!
Personally I think it says a LOT about our stuff - people REALLY want our stuff!

mommyhugz1978 said:
grrrrr I got the same email too :( I am pretty ticked about it becasue their holding my sample order until then....... I ordered sample packet A.... uggggg
They won't hold the whole sample order until then, just the backordered item.

And BTW, we all got that email. :rolleyes:

I was really surprised too! I have sold a ton of the decorator bottles!

I have to say I'm not all that impressed with the decorator bottles. The tips for one thing have seams which is a sign of cheapness and putting your icing in a baggy first to get it into the bottles is crazy, if I'm going to put my icing in a baggy I might as well put it in a icing bag w/tip. I think they will be great for kids but anybody who does cakes will not find them helpful.
I do agree with Beth, I think HO is great about giving us a heads up on things like this, and hey backorders happen, just goes to show we have a huge interest in our new products.

The communication about backorders from HO is a good thing, years ago we put things on STOP SELL because we couldn't keep up with demand.

At your shows put a positive spin on it, take the orders telling them a "projected" delivery date. Be honest tell them our customers were so excited to have these products in their kitchens this fall that we exceeded our supply. We are anticipating them to be shipped on or before XXXX.

Every company has backorders, the good thing about PC is they will ship the rest of the show. I did a Longaberger party this summer, one of the purses was on backorder they held the show for over a month (their shipping is slow anyway) I finally threw a fit with the consultant & she got them to release the baskets.

If you go into a show with negative feelings about the backorder status, your customers will agree with you, If you are positive and let them know we have a ship by date they will buy anyway.
Teresa

I am afraid if someone wants to order the "Cranberry Deep Covered Baker" in November for Thanksgiving and they are still on back order!!:eek:

It could be worse... there could be a problem with an item and it could be on Stop Sell... that happened a few years ago!

Such is life!! People will understand! We are just waaaaayyyy tooo popular!! Good for us!
Jaye :)

I think as popular as ALL of our items are they should have anticipated high sales of the new products. If they are back ordereing this soon, I am worried about repeat back orders.

Your sales of these products in September drastically exceeded our expectations.

Hmm, maybe they should up their expectations for us as we seem to be super sellers. :D

Compensation
jaye said:
It could be worse... there could be a problem with an item and it could be on Stop Sell... that happened a few years ago!

Such is life!! People will understand! We are just waaaaayyyy tooo popular!! Good for us!
Jaye :)

Hopefully they will compensate the hosts and maybe us with a little something. ;)
They did that year when they sent all consultants PC dollars and a nylon ladle with the Soups, stew, chili recipe cards for our hosts.
That was nice. I hope this isn't the early signs that PC has gotten a hold of a vendor who can't produce what we are selling. I thought they learned their lesson already with that. Oh well, maybe it will get better. :(

It can't possibly get any worse, can it.....:confused: :eek:
LOL
Debbie

There holding my sample order until the products come in is another email that I got from HO. and yes I know all of us got the same email about the back ordered products!!:rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
They won't hold the whole sample order until then, just the backordered item.

And BTW, we all got that email. :rolleyes:

I can't stand how they try to suck up to us by saying that we "drastically exceeded their expectations" when really they just don't have enough product and know that we are the ones that have to tell our customers about that!! It isn't that we sold too much, it is that they don't have enough!

Swirl said:
I have to say I'm not all that impressed with the decorator bottles. The tips for one thing have seams which is a sign of cheapness and putting your icing in a baggy first to get it into the bottles is crazy, if I'm going to put my icing in a baggy I might as well put it in a icing bag w/tip. I think they will be great for kids but anybody who does cakes will not find them helpful.
I do agree with Beth, I think HO is great about giving us a heads up on things like this, and hey backorders happen, just goes to show we have a huge interest in our new products.

I just used a butter knife to put the icing in the bottles; worked great. No, they're probably not for professional bakers, but for us "novices" & kids I think they're lots of fun! Plus, you can use regular Wilton tips with them also.

DebbieSAChef said:
Hopefully they will compensate the hosts and maybe us with a little something. ;)
They did that year when they sent all consultants PC dollars and a nylon ladle with the Soups, stew, chili recipe cards for our hosts.
That was nice. I hope this isn't the early signs that PC has gotten a hold of a vendor who can't produce what we are selling. I thought they learned their lesson already with that. Oh well, maybe it will get better. :(

It can't possibly get any worse, can it.....:confused: :eek:
LOL
Debbie

That would be nice, I do remember when the sweetheart towel ran out the gave all the guests the patriotic towels and cake mix instead.

lacychef said:
I just used a butter knife to put the icing in the bottles; worked great. No, they're probably not for professional bakers, but for us "novices" & kids I think they're lots of fun! Plus, you can use regular Wilton tips with them also.
I use the funnels and push it through the neck with the skinny scraper!

1. Why are there so many products on backorder?

At Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality products that are in high demand. Due to the popularity of our products, it is common for some items to be on backorder as we work to restock them.

2. How long will it take for backordered products to be restocked?

The restocking time for backordered products can vary and is dependent on our suppliers. We work diligently to get products back in stock as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience while we do so.

3. Can I still place an order for backordered products?

Yes, you can still place an order for backordered products. This will reserve the item for you and it will be shipped to you as soon as it is back in stock.

4. Will I be charged for backordered products before they are shipped?

No, you will not be charged for backordered products until they are shipped to you. Your payment will only be processed once the item is available and ready to be shipped to you.

5. Can I cancel my order for backordered products?

Yes, you can cancel your order for backordered products at any time before it is shipped. Once the item is back in stock and your order has been processed, it cannot be canceled. However, you can return the item for a refund or exchange it for a different product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
Replies
Views
Chef Diane
Replies
Views
melissakc