• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did One Meeting Change My Pampered Chef Career in Just 12 Months?

In summary, Jen's career has changed drastically in the last twelve months and she had to share all this with her cluster mates in order to get their encouragement. Kristin has had a successful year with TPC but she has received some negative feedback.
chefjenibel
Hey ladies! My Advanced Director asked me to share what my last year has been like with PC because my career has changed drastically in the last 12 months. So, since I had to type it all out, I thought I would share it here, too, so we can all help encourage each other through the down times.....so here goes:
After having my third child in May of 2005 and spending the entire year only doing enough shows to keep my head above water, I was seriously considering quitting my Pampered Chef business by January 2006. The last Cooking Show I had done was in early November and I was able to scrape up a few orders to stay active through December. I had struggled the entire year. I attended Monthly Cluster meetings few and far between. I just felt that I didn't have the motivation to continue. I didn't have any show prospects and felt like my business was failing. As a final effort, I chose to attend the January Cluster meeting at Anne's house.
I was the only person from my immediate cluster that was able to attend that night, and, honestly can't recall actually knowing many people who were there seeing as it had been a while since I'd last attended. Something clicked that night. I still remember Anne talking about something she had just learned at Leadership....."What you do in the next 60 days will affect your business for the rest of the year". We also all brainstormed, talked about "lofty goals", and then actually sat down and broke down the numbers to see what each of us had to do to reach any of the incentive levels for Golden Treasures. That meeting became my inspiration. I felt like I actually had a chance to do this. To make this happen.
So I GOT ON THE PHONE!!!!!!! And guess what? I got bookings. Then I got bookings from bookings. My first show of 2006 was in February. It was my first $1000 show (I have had three more since). I had two shows in February, then one in March, three in both April and May, then six in June. Things have continued to progress since then. For the first time since I started this business (in July 2004), my month was full before it began! I attended monthly Cluster Meetings religiously. I hired a babysitter if I had to. The meetings are essential to my business. My main point in all of this is that it doesn't happen overnight. And what we've all been told from day one is 100% true: You get out of this business exactly what you put into it! I worked my business and my business worked for me. I was able to earn new fall products and new spring products, and I earned Level 1 of Golden Treasures. It has truly been an amazing year! And 2006 was so much EASIER than 2005. It was SO HARD to find shows to just reach that minimum every two months. But when I had a regular show schedule, I just kept booking more shows. And the more shows I did, the more comfortable I became. I love my business!
I am starting January with 7 shows on my calendar, and I know this year will be the best yet!

Side note - My business is nowhere near as successful as many others, but it's successful for me and that is what is most important!

Wow Jen! That is quite a story. Way to go! Now if only I can stop being afraid of the darn phone.

Kristin,
Since you responded, I have to comment on your Avatar...... :)
DH is from the Boston area, in-laws are still there, so every year that is where we vacation. I have a very similar New England Aquarium picture up on my fridge. So, every time I see your Avatar, I think of our picture. :p
Sorry, I know it's silly, but I just had to share. Maybe next time I'm "in the area", I'll have to get together with all of you Massachusetts cheffers!

i'm so glad I took one more look, tonight, before calling it a day. Your story
truly is the boost I needed tonight. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You rock, Jen!!!

Nice story and you are successful if you get what you want out of it! No comparing yourself to others!!!

And Kristin, I totally feel your fear!

I had my 1st year with TPC and I guess I was just lucky to get the support from my freinds and family and got bookings from those original 13! I had 44 shows this year with $21k and all without making phone calls! Well I've exhuasted my family and friends circle....

Now with the New year my goal is to do better than last year and I know what MUST be done to grow (get on the phone) make connection, follow ups etc! So far I have Forced my self to just start out small just 2 calls a day and now I have 10 shows lined up for Jan-Feb-March!!! And I am only my first week into doing this! I just finally came to realize the Phone Has to be your freind to continue a strong business! And listening to Belinda Ellsworth Audios is helping me reinforce these beliefs!

Well that's my story! Good luck to all who struggle with this phone problem!

chefjenibel said:
Kristin,
Since you responded, I have to comment on your Avatar...... :)
DH is from the Boston area, in-laws are still there, so every year that is where we vacation. I have a very similar New England Aquarium picture up on my fridge. So, every time I see your Avatar, I think of our picture. :p
Sorry, I know it's silly, but I just had to share. Maybe next time I'm "in the area", I'll have to get together with all of you Massachusetts cheffers!
Any time! I would love to meet you and anyone else that pops into MA for a visit. I am only about 40 minutes from Boston!

heat123 said:
Nice story and you are successful if you get what you want out of it! No comparing yourself to others!!!

And Kristin, I totally feel your fear!

I had my 1st year with TPC and I guess I was just lucky to get the support from my freinds and family and got bookings from those original 13! I had 44 shows this year with $21k and all without making phone calls! Well I've exhuasted my family and friends circle....

Now with the New year my goal is to do better than last year and I know what MUST be done to grow (get on the phone) make connection, follow ups etc! So far I have Forced my self to just start out small just 2 calls a day and now I have 10 shows lined up for Jan-Feb-March!!! And I am only my first week into doing this! I just finally came to realize the Phone Has to be your freind to continue a strong business! And listening to Belinda Ellsworth Audios is helping me reinforce these beliefs!

Well that's my story! Good luck to all who struggle with this phone problem!
I think I will have to dig out my Recipe for Success and follow the instructions until I get more comfortable with using my own words.

Kristin, there are scripts here in the file section you will find a ton. Do a file search under calls or customer call.

heat123 said:
Kristin, there are scripts here in the file section you will find a ton. Do a file search under calls or customer call.
Thanks...I feel weird calling people I haven't talked to in forever. Part of my customer base has been corrupted. I don't even know if I can get to those.
Oh well, I will have to make this part of my resolution this year-GET ON THE PHONE!

Jen,
Thank you for posting this. It's the motivation and the shot in the arm that I need to get my year going.
I have been looking for a parttime job (I can hear Darla Oelman in my head going NOOOOOO!) but I need flexibility and really, I'm only going to find it with my business with the Pampered Chef.
Thanks again!

Kris

What are some healthy meal ideas for the new year?

Some healthy meal ideas for the new year include roasted vegetables with quinoa, grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, and lentil soup with whole grain bread.

How can I stay motivated to stick to my healthy eating goals?

One way to stay motivated is to set small, achievable goals and reward yourself when you reach them. Additionally, try incorporating variety into your meals to keep things interesting and avoid burnout.

What kitchen tools can help me prepare healthy meals?

Some useful kitchen tools for preparing healthy meals include a spiralizer for making vegetable noodles, a blender for smoothies and purees, and a steamer for cooking vegetables without added oils or fats.

Are there any healthy snacks that I can make at home?

Yes, there are many healthy snacks that can be made at home, such as energy balls made with nuts and dried fruit, homemade granola bars, and roasted chickpeas.

How can I incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet?

One way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet is to make them the star of your meals. For example, instead of having a sandwich with a side of chips, try a salad with chicken or tuna. You can also sneak in veggies by adding them to smoothies or pureeing them into sauces or soups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies